Signature Beverage Package Question

bridges1995

On my upcoming HAL cruise, I have the Signature Beverage Package. I know the limit is 15 drinks per day and a maximum of $11 per drink. If I order a drink that costs $15, do I pay the difference ($4) or do I have to pay the entire amount ($15)? Thanks!

21 minutes ago, SAB017 said:

can you upgrade the signature package?

Reports from cruisers have varied as to whether you can upgrade or not - especially if the Signature Beverage Package is part of your Have It All package, the answer is usually No. All you can do is ask once onboard and before purchasing any drink.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cruise Suzy said:

Reports from cruisers have varied as to whether you can upgrade or not - especially if the Signature Beverage Package is part of your Have It All package, the answer is usually No. All you can do is ask once onboard and before purchasing any drink.

Our experience has been you can upgrade from the Signature to the Elite beverage package once onboard. The cost has been $15 per day per person in your cabin. Plus 18% of this amount. 

Things may have changed. Our last cruise was in January. We did the upgrade then without a problem. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, oldbluff said:

Our experience has been you can upgrade from the Signature to the Elite beverage package once onboard. The cost has been $15 per day per person in your cabin. Plus 18% of this amount. 

Things may have changed. Our last cruise was in January. We did the upgrade then without a problem. 

I gave the wrong price to upgrade the beverage package. It is $10/day/person, not $15. So $11.80 per day and $82.60 for a 7 night sailing, for one person.

Before the change, when a single glass of $15 wine cost the passenger $17.70, it made some sense to hunt down the upgrade before ordering any drink on your plan. When the policy went to paying the difference (plus 18%), every passenger in the cabin needs to order 2.5 drinks at $15 per average day to make it worth the switch. Maybe that works for @SAB017 -- if they foresee better wines and scotches on their ticket!

The last time we upgraded, I purchased OBC to cover the difference in advance. When we could not upgrade with it bartender, I spoke to a beverage manager. I explained that we purchased OBC specifically to pay for the upgrade. If we couldn't upgrade, I'd be happy to have the OBC refunded to my card. Purchased OBC is fully refundable.

The choice was basically, take my money or give it back. I won't be offended either way. The bar manager confirmed that we purchased enough to covet the upgrade cost. Then he took the money.

I don't know if we would have had the same leverage without buying OBC. (We also had a bit of HAL OBC that was not refundable.)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Yyyy4 said:

Does anyone know the approximate cost of a captain morgan and coke or bumbu and coke cocktail? Thank you!

Mixed drinks are priced by the liquor in them HOWEVER! the most recent bar menus that @Crew News has made available only show a few select drinks per location! Not the list of brands that used to be in print.

Captain daiquiri is $9.75 at the Pool Bar so I infer that a Captain and Coke will be the same. I do not know if you will find Bumbu rum on board! It is not listed (at any price) on the Beverage Package list, here:

https://rogerjett-photography.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/10/Beverage-Package-Contents.pdf