Breakfast Options

sabrefan

Sailing on Regent Explorer in April, this will be our first cruise on Regent. Aside from room service for breakfast what other options are there on Explorer? Is there a breakfast buffet? Just feel that buffet style is faster for breakfast.

LaVeranda is the buffet for breakfast and lunch. The Coffee Connection has some fruit, pastries etc. The Pool Grill has healthy continental breakfast. Some days the Compass Rose serves breakfast. For room service if you use the door hanger to order breakfast the night before you can identify a delivery time frame. Check the daily newsletter for the times of service at all the different venues. 

1 hour ago, mj_holiday said:

LaVeranda is the buffet for breakfast and lunch. The Coffee Connection has some fruit, pastries etc. The Pool Grill has healthy continental breakfast. Some days the Compass Rose serves breakfast. For room service if you use the door hanger to order breakfast the night before you can identify a delivery time frame. Check the daily newsletter for the times of service at all the different venues. 

CR always serves breakfast (or on Sudays, Brunch).  Even on disembarkation day.  But slow as irishwitchy notes.

I usually eat a light breakfast in the Coffee Connection.

Edited by Portolan
  • Like 1

Currently on Explorer. Each has pros and cons. 

La Veranda: buffet. 

Poolside: fresh fruit/veg juices, some self service items. 

Compass Rose: some good options but can be slow. Has items unavailable in La Veranda. Occasionally has a small buffet area (not too exciting). Sunday sea days is brunch, which is quite fun. Staff make a lot of effort and there’s a decent array of food

Coffee Connection: very small self service area. I don’t really eat here, just get coffee. 

Was recently on the Explorer and one thing to keep in mind (at least it was true for me) is that with the room service breakfast cards that you get, if there is something that you want (that isn't on the menu), write it in.  For example, things like papaya, prunes, baked beans, peanut butter, etc. are not on the menu card but we never had any problems getting these things.  (We did have a butler so I don't know if this made a difference or not.  Oh yeah, on the day that had the caviar brunch, we got that delivered to the room as well.  Seriously, the service in the Compass Rose for breakfast can be glacial...)

And if you are not a big breakfast person, the Coffee Connection is super convenient. Fresh fruit, fresh pastries, tea (not coffee drinkers here) and yogurt is sometimes all you need.

RK

• Like 1

On 11/23/2023 at 5:06 AM, Portolan said:

CR always serves breakfast (or on Sudays, Brunch).  Even on disembarkation day.  But slow as irishwitchy notes.

I usually eat a light breakfast in the Coffee Connection.

We are on Grandeur. Had breakfast in Compass Rose. Service not slow at all. Every cruise is different 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, bitob said:

We are on Grandeur. Had breakfast in Compass Rose. Service not slow at all. Every cruise is different 

We'll be on Grandeur for Christmas/Canal cruise.  Glad CR breakfast should not take forever.  Would like to do that a few times but don't want to gather dust in the process. 🙂

We are also on the Grandeur December Panama Canal cruise.  We have two Sunday/sea days.  It's my understanding only one of those will be the grand gala buffet(whatever Regent calls it.)  Does that sound right?  BTW, the first is on Christmas eve and the second on New Year's eve.  Should be good fun.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RetiredandTravel said:

My Heavans!!  Aint no spin class going to work that off.

They were on - but we didn't go as they were late afternoon and you can't possibly exercise on a full stomach 😜😜😂😂.

I did go to the HIIT class in the morning (well once 😜) and we used the gym and walked the deck but it made no difference to the direction the scales took last night, I'm afraid.

14 hours ago, KenzSailing said:

We are also on the Grandeur December Panama Canal cruise.  We have two Sunday/sea days.  It's my understanding only one of those will be the grand gala buffet(whatever Regent calls it.)  Does that sound right?  BTW, the first is on Christmas eve and the second on New Year's eve.  Should be good fun.

We set up a cc get together for this cruise. Check the roll call