Tito’s & Jameson now Premium Liquors

kk20

Looks like Tito’s and Jameson have been reclassified from classic to premium!!??

I love me some Tito’s, but it definitely isn’t a premium vodka 😅

I’m not sure when this change will take place, as I was served Tito’s during our Nov 12-19th cruise on the classic package

IMG_1342.jpeg

Celebrity Cruises Drink Packages.pdf

Edited by kk20
  • Thanks 1

These are the two that I noticed as well. I also drink Tito’s and while I agree that it’s not premium, there are restaurants around us that charge an up charge for it. Jameson used to be on the premium package. They moved it to classic and now back to premium. 

• Like 2

It’s tons better than Absolut….doesn’t bother me either way, I always sail with Premium…signing slips isn’t my jam. 

That said, if the Wild Turkey isn’t 101, it’s not worth drinking. 

Edited by PTC DAWG
  • Like 4

I don't see any Macallan whisky on the premium list. That would be disturbing to me 

Jameson is definitely not a premium whisky. X probably moves some of these to premium so pax will upgrade to get what they are used to drinking at home 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, tfred said:

I don't see any Macallan whisky on the premium list. That would be disturbing to me 

Jameson is definitely not a premium whisky. X probably moves some of these to premium so pax will upgrade to get what they are used to drinking at home 

Pretty sure Macallan was on the premium package on Equinox. It was the Quest travel edition. Kind of forgettable...

As a whisk(e)y drinker, the near constant price increases may also be pushing some of those into "premium". And not all "premium" spirits are $17; for cash purchase quite a few were well under the max price of the premium band Which makes sense. You've got Makers (about $35/bottle in Virginia), Glenlivet ($60), and at least last week Macallan ($85 locally, but not Quest). The ship is using a lot of travel editions and is a duty-free importer but that's a pretty broad price range for spirits in the same category. Jameson is about the same price as Maker's here, so they would be in the same band but probably priced closer to $11 than $17 (I don't remember and can't find a list in the app).

27 minutes ago, markeb said:

Pretty sure Macallan was on the premium package on Equinox. It was the Quest travel edition. Kind of forgettable...

As a whisk(e)y drinker, the near constant price increases may also be pushing some of those into "premium". And not all "premium" spirits are $17; for cash purchase quite a few were well under the max price of the premium band Which makes sense. You've got Makers (about $35/bottle in Virginia), Glenlivet ($60), and at least last week Macallan ($85 locally, but not Quest). The ship is using a lot of travel editions and is a duty-free importer but that's a pretty broad price range for spirits in the same category. Jameson is about the same price as Maker's here, so they would be in the same band but probably priced closer to $11 than $17 (I don't remember and can't find a list in the app).

in florida at Total Wine most of the premium whisky on the list go for $30-35 for a 750. Macallan goes for $75. The Ablefeldy is the most interesting to me here. Dewars 12 is good but is my everday scotch

we were in The Retreat last year and they had different liquors than the martini bar. We will be on Apex Retreat in January - maybe they will have something fun up there  

The Retreat can get anything onboard, at least up to the premium package. Biggest challenge is finding what’s onboard. 

I do think the specialty bars are better set up for many if not most cocktails. But neat whisky is perfect for the Retreat!

A few cruises ago my wife ordered a Moscow Mule with Russian Standard.    The server said it is a premium vodka and would be a $10 up charge over our premium beverage package.   No thanks.  Russian Standard is not a premium vodka. 

Just got off of the Silhouette and Blanton was a $4 up charge over the premium package, Basil Hayden was about a  $10 up charge ???? 

No rhyme or reason in their pricing. 

Ketel One has now replaced Grey Goose in the Martini Bar for most martinis 

The photo must be a real premium Vodka that was being sold in a Caribbean port.  Notice the price is $55 but it was duty free 😱🤗.   I think it  sells at Costco for $19 or $29 at the most.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

IMG_3433.jpeg

Edited by miched
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, markeb said:

The Retreat can get anything onboard, at least up to the premium package. Biggest challenge is finding what’s onboard. 

I do think the specialty bars are better set up for many if not most cocktails. But neat whisky is perfect for the Retreat!

Not always true.   Recently got off of the Silhouette.   There was Woodford Double Oak in some bars.   The BT said he couldn’t get it.   It didn’t have anything about tipping him as I did it often.   I think if you are in a Royal Suite or above they may make special accommodations.   There was one couple that mentioned to the BT that they were the ones that had some special scotch on another cruise.    I asked him about it and he said that when they were in a port that scotch was purchased for them.   He didn’t give any further details.  They must have been in a cheaper suite as he didn’t give them anything special.   We spent a lot of time in the Retreat Lounge and seen them there a few times and they got the scotch off of the rack.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched

8 minutes ago, miched said:

Not true.   Recently got off of the Silhouette.   There was Woodford Double Oak in some bars.   The BT said he couldn’t get it.   It didn’t have anything about tipping him as I did it often.   I think if you are in a Royal Suite or above they may make special accommodations.   There was one couple that mentioned to the BT that they were the ones that had some special scotch on another cruise.    I asked him about it and he said that when they were in a port that scotch was purchased for them.   He didn’t give any further details.  They must have been in a cheaper suite as he didn’t give them anything special.   We spent a lot of time in the Retreat Lounge and seen them there a few times.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

OK. They've always offered to get anything. I guess it's almost anything.

2 minutes ago, maxmtex said:

So a Blue Moon beer should be assumed to cost $11 or more since it is in the Premium package? Wow....

Same as MLB and probably every other sports venue in the US. For MLB, it's all AB/INBEV so the "standard" beers (which are also badly overpriced) are Bud/Bud Light/Michelob/Michelob Ultra. Blue Moon is a premium beer. In some bizarre parallel universe. Don't get me started...

Celebrity is no better or worse.

Was on Beyond last winter and a lady asked the BT at the Sunset Bar for a Blue Moon, she didn’t have a drink package and he said that it would be $11. She was shocked and said she should of bought the package since it was only day one. Not sure if she eventually bought the package. 

Sorry to see Tito’s go to premium, I was able to get a double each time I ordered it last winter with the premium package. 

Cheers! 

14 hours ago, miched said:

Just got off of the Silhouette and Blanton was a $4 up charge over the premium package, Basil Hayden was about a  $10 up charge ???? 

I will pay that $4 upcharge on Blanton's. Any upcharge on Hayden is hilarious imo

• Haha 1