before booking

flare3192

We were in concierge our last cruise.  I do not believe there is a set time for concierge to board.  The Regent transfer was a full bus with all different levels of suites and we all waited until the Names suites got checked in.  This was the only time I remember as being chaotic, and think it had a lot to do with the port itself.

Except for this last time. those with Regent transfers get to board when they arrive.  It is usually timed at the hotel to keep them spread out.

I second what mj_holiday is saying. Although we picked a time online that we wanted to board it had no bearing on the time we boarded the transfer bus from the hotel to the ship. We were in a concierge cabin. The bus assignments and times were based on when you picked up your bus ticket at the hotel. The process was slow as far as boarding the bus but it wasn’t crowded when we arrived at the cruise terminal. On our cruise, Regent included a pre hotel stay for everyone so it may have been more crowded than usual. In fact, I think they had to reserve multiple hotels in Copenhagen to accommodate everyone. 

Terminal check-in and boarding for all guests normally starts at midday; sometimes earlier from 11:30.

If you arrive earlier then you can still hand over your luggage and there is a seating area to wait in the terminal until check-in & boarding commences. Coffee & soft drinks are sometimes provided.

21 minutes ago, pappy1022 said:

Although we picked a time online that we wanted to board it had no bearing on the time we boarded the transfer bus from the hotel to the ship.

During the on-line check-in process, guests choose a terminal arrival time not a boarding time. For those with Regent transfers to the ship then that choice is superfluous.

7 hours ago, flossie009 said:

Terminal check-in and boarding for all guests normally starts at midday; sometimes earlier from 11:30.

If you arrive earlier then you can still hand over your luggage and there is a seating area to wait in the terminal until check-in & boarding commences. Coffee & soft drinks are sometimes provided.

Next year in Tokyo we will board our first Regent cruise. I plan to take a taxi to the ship as I prefer not to do bus transfers even though they will be included. We will plan to board after midday. We are in a PH not a named suite so would there be any delays in boarding? If it is likely a problem we will just have lunch before we board as we usually do when we board Seabourn. I am not used to this many passengers boarding so am curious how it will go.

Julie

7 minutes ago, frantic36 said:

We will plan to board after midday. We are in a PH not a named suite so would there be any delays in boarding?

Absolutely no way to predict any possible delays in advance.  Likely you will get on fairly quickly but, anything can happen to delay your boarding

4 minutes ago, rallydave said:

Absolutely no way to predict any possible delays in advance.  Likely you will get on fairly quickly but, anything can happen to delay your boarding

That's a fair comment. I have arrived to Civitavecchia after 2pm and found people were just getting cleared because there had been an outage portside with computer terminals.

I only have sailed on Regent once but it seems as though you can Board fairly early - like noon or 1:00.  Your suite  may not be ready but you can eat in one of the restaurants (La Veranda or Pool Grill), and they will announce when suites are ready,  We had a named suite and were able to go to our suite as soon as we were on board. 

frantic36

- As others have said before, there is no way of telling about the boarding since the port authorities are involved.  We are always excited to get onboard, that is really the start of the trip. We plan on getting on anytime after 12 noon, because that is when transfers usually show up.  After we get on we head to the Pool Grill and take up residence at a table off to the side, and order lunch.  If it looks like all the tables have filled up we will either ask someone to join us or decide to walk around the ship. But suites are usually ready shortly after we are finished with lunch.

Wow! 👏. Thank you very much for taking the time update and share this detailed and concise post.  I plan to bookmark it for future reference.

I bumped into it as I was searching for information about electric outlets.  We sailed on Explorer just before the pandemic and on Navigator a year ago, Although the layout of the stateroom on Navigator was still familiar, I did not have a reliable memory of Explorer.  Now I can be sure that I'm prepared with the adaptors that I purchased on Amazon for a Ponant cruise last April (Euro travel plug adaptor with 2 AC, 1 USB C, and 3 USB ports).  This allowed us to take advantage of the Euro outlets rather than being limited by the two AC outlets in the stateroom which would not have been adequate.

I will add some commentary about cabin selection on Navigator that might be helpful to others.  We were in B-Penthouse Suite 1010 and were very satisfied with the location.  It is located in a corridor forward of the pool deck.  The stateroom was actually very. quiet and we were not aware of any vibration.  Also,  La Veranda is aft across the pool deck and we found it very convenient to step out of the corridor and walk across the pool deck for breakfast.

• Like 1