Motels in Fort Lauderdale

SandCVT

Take a look around the board. There are dozens of threads on hotels in the Ft Lauderdale area...there are two on the front page of this board, and another 2 on the second page.

Taxi and Uber/Lyft are very commonly recommended here. Some hotels have shuttles. Check also visitlauderdale.com for a list of all the hotels in the area with their amenities, like shuttles.

"Motel" I assume you need a hotel. We enjoy Hyatt Place (convention center) location. Try booking with ValueTrips when they open (soon) their 2024 schedule. They still may be offering their shuttle $5.00 per room reservation from FLL to their hotel. If not a quick easy, cheap taxi is all you'll need. They do offer a shuttle from hotel to PE for $9.00pp but a taxi will be cheaper.

This hotel is a great option https://www.valuetrips.com/AMS/FL/F17.htm that is right off 17th Street and next door to the Harbor shopping area with a Publix market, restaurants and shopping...no car needed.

• Haha 1

I'm hoping someone might have a suggestion of a hotel NOT usually used by overnight cruisers. We will be driving down from Ontario for a cruise in late January, and was hoping to stay in a hotel about 30 to 45 minutes from Port Everglades. We do not need any shuttles, and have parking reserved at Park 'N Go for our cruise. Have previously stayed close to the port and used their shuttles so hoping someone might know of a good alternative.

Thanks....

1 hour ago, isnowman said:

I'm hoping someone might have a suggestion of a hotel NOT usually used by overnight cruisers. We will be driving down from Ontario for a cruise in late January, and was hoping to stay in a hotel about 30 to 45 minutes from Port Everglades. We do not need any shuttles, and have parking reserved at Park 'N Go for our cruise. Have previously stayed close to the port and used their shuttles so hoping someone might know of a good alternative.

Thanks....

Late January will be expensive even at hotels that don't cater to cruisers. The Cypress Creek exit on I-95 (north Fort Lauderdale) has hotels of most major brands.  You can also check further north (Pompano Beach and Deerfield Beach).

39 minutes ago, capriccio said:

Late January will be expensive even at hotels that don't cater to cruisers. The Cypress Creek exit on I-95 (north Fort Lauderdale) has hotels of most major brands.  You can also check further north (Pompano Beach and Deerfield Beach).

One possibility for the OP is Plantation, just a bit down the 595 from PE. Not the 30-45 minutes away, but maybe 20-30 minutes. I just checked Tripadvisor for hotel pricing in late January and the various Plantation hotels are significantly cheaper than those on the 17th St strip.

Another option is staying close to Sawgrass Mills Mall in Sunrise. There are several hotels close by and a lot of restaurants. I know people who have stayed at LaQuinta that is reasonably priced. Not too far from 595 and an easy drive to Port Everglades.