Drink package refunds

Sea38

As some of my future cruise drink packages came down in price I cancelled them and re-booked them at the cheaper BF rate 😊, any idea of approx time it takes for the refund to go back on your CC for the original drink packages I bought? Thank you 😊 

6 minutes ago, Sea38 said:

As some of my future cruise drink packages came down in price I cancelled them and re-booked them at the cheaper BF rate 😊, any idea of approx time it takes for the refund to go back on your CC for the original drink packages I bought? Thank you 😊 

I did the same, my CC was refunded within 5 days.

I cancelled and re-booked a shore excursion after business hours on 11/21 and don't have the credit yet on my credit card.  Based on past experience, I expect to see it here in the next couple days.

Since my post an hour ago, my refund has shown up in my account (6 days since I made the cancellation).

I agree that the length of time it takes to show up is very dependent on your credit card issuer. Some are a lot faster to post refunds than others. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

I always use OBC for purchases pre-cruise and the refund is within a minute or two. 

Us steerage class folks often do not have enough OBC to fully cover some purchases, and often rely on a mix of OBC and credit card, or just the card.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RedIguana said:

Us steerage class folks often do not have enough OBC to fully cover some purchases, and often rely on a mix of OBC and credit card, or just the card.

I understand and appreciate that.  I do get shareholder OBC and that sometimes may cover an inexpensive shore excursion.  

I do sometimes use my CC for larger ticket items to get the rewards points.  

24 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

I understand and appreciate that.  I do get shareholder OBC and that sometimes may cover an inexpensive shore excursion.  

I do sometimes use my CC for larger ticket items to get the rewards points.  

Sorry if my comment came out wrong. I should have put a smiley emoji at the end to signify it was meant in a lightheaded way. 

15 minutes ago, sunshinegirl89 said:

Never got a refund from a Nov 1st cancelation.  Celebrity said they processed it and AmEx said they never received it.  Guess I'm out a couple hundred bucks.  Not going to lie- leaves a really bad taste in my mouth a few weeks before our cruise.  

I won’t be giving up on mine as it’s well over £1000 due back! 

1 hour ago, sunshinegirl89 said:

Never got a refund from a Nov 1st cancelation.  Celebrity said they processed it and AmEx said they never received it.  Guess I'm out a couple hundred bucks.  Not going to lie- leaves a really bad taste in my mouth a few weeks before our cruise.  

You can raise with Amex. You’ll have proof of the refund presumably (an email from celebrity or a screenshot of the cancellation) as proof.