2pm boarding time for YC Divina. Is this normal?

jean87510

We cruise on December 28th, 4 weeks from today.  I am new to MSC/YC although cruise a few times a year so familiar with preboarding info.  Our cruise is set to depart at 5pm.  I was under the impression that 1. I couldn't check in until 20 days out and 2. I didn't really need a check in time for YC.  Yesterday on FB, people were sharing their boarding times (12, 11...etc...).  When I went on the website and did all the preboarding check list, it gave my check in time as 2pm.  My question is do check in times really matter with the YC?  Can we show up at 12 or 1 or whenever?  TIA.

Theoretically, you can check in as early as they let you in the doors of the terminal and when port employees are available at counters. Your boarding will need to wait until it begins in general and then YC is usually one of the first to board. Your signature does not state where you are embarking, which will be part of the time equation.

51 minutes ago, Best Cat Mom said:

Theoretically, you can check in as early as they let you in the doors of the terminal and when port employees are available at counters. Your boarding will need to wait until it begins in general and then YC is usually one of the first to board. Your signature does not state where you are embarking, which will be part of the time equation.

5pm Divina 28th Miami.  Does YC usually have boarding times of 2pm for a 5pm (330p onboard) departure?  Isn't that a bit late?  As I said, this isn't my first time cruising but it is my 1st time with MSC.

As far as I can tell:

- the designated check-in times seem random to me.  Sometimes early, sometimes late, or sometimes in the middle.   The same for Yacht Club.

- we always aimed for the designated check-in time, but sometimes turn up early or late and it has never been a problem or even mentioned.

I would recommend you decide when you want to check-in and do that, with the understanding that if you turn up the same time as everyone else it will be chaotic (though less so with YC check-in).

1 hour ago, 8420PR said:

As far as I can tell:

- the designated check-in times seem random to me.  Sometimes early, sometimes late, or sometimes in the middle.   The same for Yacht Club.

- we always aimed for the designated check-in time, but sometimes turn up early or late and it has never been a problem or even mentioned.

I would recommend you decide when you want to check-in and do that, with the understanding that if you turn up the same time as everyone else it will be chaotic (though less so with YC check-in).

We weren't given an option.  We were assigned the time.  I'm new to MSC so I apologize for probably obvious questions.  

The key is when does the ship arrive in port? If there are no unusual events (we've heard of boating accidents in the waters around the port,  TSA and/or US Customs issues, etc.), you probably can board within two or three hours of the dock time. If you don't mind the potential of sitting in the YC port lounge, go as early as you want and enjoy! 🙂

The time assigned to you is just a fill-in-the- box on the form. We sailed from Genoa last year on the MSC Splendida and had a 10:00 am check-in. You are in Yacht Club so show up as early as you care to, within reason. Enjoy your cruise!

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Best Cat Mom said:

The key is when does the ship arrive in port? If there are no unusual events (we've heard of boating accidents in the waters around the port,  TSA and/or US Customs issues, etc.), you probably can board within two or three hours of the dock time. If you don't mind the potential of sitting in the YC port lounge, go as early as you want and enjoy! 🙂

I have no clue as my cruise is 12/28/23.  Assuming 7am.

1 hour ago, Heartgrove said:

The time assigned to you is just a fill-in-the- box on the form. We sailed from Genoa last year on the MSC Splendida and had a 10:00 am check-in. You are in Yacht Club so show up as early as you care to, within reason. Enjoy your cruise!

We are heading down to Miami the day before and have appointments that morning at 9am and 915am unrelated to the cruise.  We were going to try to head over afterwards but that 2pm threw us a tad. Truthfully if we didn't have these appointments, we would have slept in, hit the gym at hotel, had lunch then just head to cruise port at 2pm.  

For YC passengers...disregard the boarding time. It does not pertain to YC.  All passengers are assigned a boarding time. Just got back from Seascape cruise. 3 rd time in YC and all 3 cruises we were at white tent at 10:30 and boarded with first group when ship was cleared from previous cruise

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Preziosa said:

Be there early. You Can check in when the tent is ready. Around 10 o clock. You have paid for the first Day, so Why not enjoy the yacht club as early as possible. No one Will ask you about check in time.

Does this go for us lowly peasants that are not in the YC?  I got a late checkin time, I live close to port , want to arrive early.

My checkin currently says Your check-in opens 14:30 , Your check-in closes within 1 hour after 14:30

Edited by jmsnyc

On 11/30/2023 at 5:30 PM, joeyancho said:

This is too late for the OP but,  we leave Seascape YC,   Miami,    Dec 2nd.    Just received a text saying our boarding time is 3 pm.  

You're in the YC...you can check in when you want. We have also had an "assigned 3pm" check-in time...1030 it was for us! No problems!

Welcome to the YC! 😁

• Haha 1