MSC Match

7 hours ago, 11704 said:

Wondered which gives me the higher MSC Match:

Hilton Honors Gold or Marriott Bonvoy Titanium?

Hello @11704 and welcome to the Cruise Critic message boards!

To help you out, your new thread has been moved to the correct forum MSC Cruises where it will be on topic. Browse through the thread titles on the forum looking for threads of interest. You will probably find your fellow Cruise Critic members have already posted questions and received answers that may be of interest to you.

The Cruise Critic website and the message boards are both great resources for new as well as experienced cruisers and we are glad you found us! Please feel free to browse the message board categories list for all our various forums. Click here: Cruise Critic Community. Please read a few threads in the different forums to get a feel for what each forum is about. Make sure you read any pinned threads (aka Stickies) on the top of the first page of threads in most forums. You will find very important instructions or information there.

Please remember the following portion from the Guidelines we all agreed to follow when registering for our free Cruise Critic memberships:

Browse Before You Post
Browse a topic first to see if your question has already been asked or answered by someone else. Also, many of the major cruise lines forums have a FAQ (Frequently Asked Question) topic that has been created by our members. Give that a try first. Browsing is your #1 best resource! Please post your messages in an appropriate topic so that you'll receive the best possible response. It is very time consuming to move misplaced messages that are in the wrong topics.

If you ever need technical help in regard to using the Cruise Critic message board software, go to the Need Help Using the Forums? Check Here! forum. You will see a large amount of "How to..." pinned threads toward the top of the forum's first page. Also, browse through the threads in the forum looking for threads of interest. Again, you will probably find your fellow Cruise Critic members have already posted questions and received answers that may be of interest to you.

Hope this will be helpful and glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic!

Happy sails,

Host Kat

9 hours ago, Best Cat Mom said:

MSC gave me Diamond status (formerly known as Black) for my Marriott Titanium status match. My spouse received Gold for his Hilton Honors Gold status match.

Wish I had known that.  When I check the chart on-line it showed Marriott Titanium as matching to Gold, same as my RCCL Diamond + and Celebrity Elite.  

22 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Wish I had known that.  When I check the chart on-line it showed Marriott Titanium as matching to Gold, same as my RCCL Diamond + and Celebrity Elite

I had reported our results previously. I don't know why it did not make the chart.  😞

My understanding of MSC status match is that it changed several years after their initial foray into the US market (MSC Seaside in 2017). Originally they would match higher status levels to Diamond. After a year or 2, the highest status that could/can be attained through a status match is now Gold.... no matter how high the status in other programs. (Just my understanding. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong) 

Just found this chart. Apparently match to Diamond is possible:

https://frequentfloaters.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/B2B_TA_Status-Match_Conversion-Table.pdf

Edited by wikoffclan
more info

So, I see based on the table that MSC would status match my Regent Silver status to Diamond after I return from my next Regent cruise. What does that get me? (Pls excuse my ignorance.)
Am looking to diversify my cruising options. Regent & Oceania are/were my preferred cruiselines. I was thinking MSC could be interesting as I like the idea of mingling with other nationalities so perhaps I can practice my Spanish & Italian…..

5 hours ago, PhD-iva said:

So, I see based on the table that MSC would status match my Regent Silver status to Diamond after I return from my next Regent cruise. What does that get me?

Here you go...

https://www.msccruises.co.uk/manage-booking/msc-voyagers-club/members-benefits

Do keep in mind that MSC status expires in 3 years if you do not cruise, so only match when you know you are going to make use of it, and it is a one-shot deal, you cannot match again in the future if you lose MSC status.

Edited by Mark_T

• 2 weeks later...