Bourbon suggestions

MattnTricia

Just curious what Bourbons have been sighted recently. We will be on a 15 day cruise on the Emerald.  

I enjoy the “basics” wodford , buffalo trace, bulleit…….

i would like to try some other whiskey / bourbons while on board.  

we have the Pre,I’m package and I am willing to supplement. 

7 minutes ago, MattnTricia said:

Just curious what Bourbons have been sighted recently. We will be on a 15 day cruise on the Emerald.  

I enjoy the “basics” wodford , buffalo trace, bulleit…….

i would like to try some other whiskey / bourbons while on board.  

we have the Pre,I’m package and I am willing to supplement. 

My DH loved the 100 proof by Jack Daniel’s made specifically for Princess.  He’s a fan of Woodford, Crown Royal and Blantons, if that gives you an idea of his tastes.  

1 hour ago, MattnTricia said:

I am hoping to come across Blantons.   My local shops it’s almost impossible to come by.   It would be great if they had Blanton’s onboard 

They had it at the bars and even in the shops in early 2022 .. and for an amazing price, to boot.  Haven’t found it onboard since! 
We did see if in a bar in Ketchikan but it was $45 a shot, so we passed.  

I think some folks here are confusing bourbon and other whiskey types. Crown Royal is a Canadian whiskey and Macallans is a scotch For the plus package there is usually Makers Mark, Woodford Reserve and Buffalo Trace

Edited by memoak
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, kapsgp said:

There is also Knob Creek that is covered under Plus Package. Last year there was also a Woodford Reseve Private Princess Label that was maybe $19 a shot.

I had a Manhattan with it and I think I paid $1.18 over my Plus allowance. Hard to judge in a mixed drink but I didn’t dislike it. 

4 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

The have one Woodford limited edition that I think is over $200 a shot.

Actually it's well over $400 per shot. Mind boggling. We just got off Grand Princess and it's listed in the app.

• Thanks 1

I drink Bulleit Bourbon. It has a high Rye content and I love Bulleit Rye. (There was no Bulleit Rye to be had on the ship.) I started most days on our recent cruise by visiting the aft bar, ordering one Immune Booster (multiple citrus fresh juiced), one Cleanser (fresh juiced veggies with a mix of green stuff including green apple, celery and cucumber) and one shot Bulleit straight up. I toss down the Bulleit and then drink the healthy stuff. (The cleanser sounded pretty nasty to me but it was amazingly good. I wish I could have it every morning at home.) The fresh juice was only available until 2:00 PM.

Note: While the citrus "Immune Booster" was very good (it varied in tartness according to that day's fruit) there is another fresh juice on the menu that is simply called a "Booster". My wife and I agreed that it was vile. Leave it to Princes to have to radically different juices with a very similar name.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, MattnTricia said:

I forgot about the Woodford Private Label

it was out our entire last cruise on Discovery. 

I asked about it and they said it was kept locked up and, if they had an order for it, they had to get a higher-up to retrieve it for serving.

15 hours ago, Thrak said: (The cleanser sounded pretty nasty to me but it was amazingly good. I wish I could have it every morning at home.) The fresh juice was only available until 2:00 PM.

Note: While the citrus "Immune Booster" was very good (it varied in tartness according to that day's fruit) there is another fresh juice on the menu that is simply called a "Booster". My wife and I agreed that it was vile. Leave it to Princes to have to radically different juices with a very similar name.

I love the cleanser, as well as I don’t like sweet drinks for the most part.