Praise for a job well done by Princess customer service

Honolulu Blue

There are any number of threads and posts here about what Princess has screwed up through the years, including some by me.  This is not one of those threads.

A few days ago I booked a Canada-New England cruise on the Emerald.  I mistakenly clicked the wrong button and I paid off the whole cruise instead of the deposit.  All the advice I could find said that in order to fix this, I needed to call the general customer service line.  For me, calling customer service is one of THE WORST THINGS in life that I try to actively avoid.  But with my lack of options, I gritted my teeth and called during my lunch hour. 

My first surprise is that I got through to a rep right away.  I got through to a rep named Ryan.  We walked through my new booking and what I wanted - please reduce my payment to just the deposit.  BTW, I booked a fully refundable fare.  He did so relatively quickly and efficiently while not trying to sell me anything extra.  Well done, Ryan.  Well done.

This is another example of Princess doing right by me and why I'll continue to cruise with them for the time being.  Now, if they'll add some more 80s themed cruises, I'll load up my schedule with them...

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Honolulu Blue said:

There are any number of threads and posts here about what Princess has screwed up through the years, including some by me.  This is not one of those threads.

A few days ago I booked a Canada-New England cruise on the Emerald.  I mistakenly clicked the wrong button and I paid off the whole cruise instead of the deposit.  All the advice I could find said that in order to fix this, I needed to call the general customer service line.  For me, calling customer service is one of THE WORST THINGS in life that I try to actively avoid.  But with my lack of options, I gritted my teeth and called during my lunch hour. 

My first surprise is that I got through to a rep right away.  I got through to a rep named Ryan.  We walked through my new booking and what I wanted - please reduce my payment to just the deposit.  BTW, I booked a fully refundable fare.  He did so relatively quickly and efficiently while not trying to sell me anything extra.  Well done, Ryan.  Well done.

This is another example of Princess doing right by me and why I'll continue to cruise with them for the time being.  Now, if they'll add some more 80s themed cruises, I'll load up my schedule with them...

Thank you for the positive comments.  You’ve renewed my hope that there are grateful people out there.  
It is funny you mentioned the 80’s cruises because I was just mentioned that to my DH yesterday.  I’m on the lookout for a good 80’s cruise.  That band, DSB, the Journey tribute band on the last 80’s cruise was phenomenal!  

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

Thank you for the positive comments.  You’ve renewed my hope that there are grateful people out there.  
It is funny you mentioned the 80’s cruises because I was just mentioned that to my DH yesterday.  I’m on the lookout for a good 80’s cruise.  That band, DSB, the Journey tribute band on the last 80’s cruise was phenomenal!  

Thank you to you and everyone else for your kind words.

There's a dedicated 80s cruise that's a full charter that's NOT on Princess. They use mostly original bands and not tribute acts. I've been on two of them and I highly recommend them. Unfortunately, next year's edition his sold out. 🙁 Search around if you're interested.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Honolulu Blue said:

Thank you to you and everyone else for your kind words.

There's a dedicated 80s cruise that's a full charter that's NOT on Princess. They use mostly original bands and not tribute acts. I've been on two of them and I highly recommend them. Unfortunately, next year's edition his sold out. 🙁 Search around if you're interested.

I will check into that.  I know my friends went on those Flower Power cruises several times and always loved them.  I will keep my eyes open for something out of the west coast.  

• Like 1

I had some frustrations a couple of weeks ago with some Princess gift cards and calling Princess and trying to talk to their phone representative made my blood boil. I sent an email to their customer service (and CC'd some higher ups) and customer service got back to me by email and phone to correct the confusion. In addition, for my troubles they gave us a free Ultimate Balcony Dinner package to enjoy on our first night of the cruise. They restored my faith in their service.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

One often hears of bad service. Good service is probably much more frequent. It is just that usually when everything goes as it should, that is not something that often gets posted here.

So, thanks to the OP for starting this thread.

• Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

One often hears of bad service. Good service is probably much more frequent. It is just that usually when everything goes as it should, that is not something that often gets posted here.

So, thanks to the OP for starting this thread.

Let’s keep this thread going. 

• Like 1