Recommend a hotel in Civitavecchia?

hallasm

I plan to spend a single in Civitavecchia pre-cruise. On various booking sites I have seen very mixed reviews - Is there anyone who can recommend a hotel in Civiveccia.

I have not been able to find recommendations in this forum either:

48 minutes ago, euro cruiser said:

Could you be persuaded to go to Rome, even for just one night? 

I admit that it is significantly more interesting in Rome, but since I am in Rome quite often, I would like to avoid the extra travel time and have a relaxed start to the day before our long cruise.

• Like 1

The options in Civitavecchia are very indifferent. That’s about the kindest way I can put it. I can’t recommend any but perhaps others can.

i just stayed in Rome prior to my current cruise and it was perfectly relaxing to arrange a shuttle for around noon. Enjoyed a leisurely morning and still arrived in Civi (directly to the port) before the ship began boarding.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Given your frequent visits to Rome, staying in Civi sounds like a perfectly reasonable option.  

The 2nd attachment in your post provided the names of 2 lovely B&B's (La Casa Sul Mare, Casa Bel Sole) plus things to do and restaurants. 

That balcony with a sea view at La Casa Sul Mare sounds pretty relaxing to me, but I assume you prefer a hotel......

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mapleleaves said:

That balcony with a sea view at La Casa Sul Mare sounds pretty relaxing to me, but I assume you prefer a hotel....

Thanks for your suggestions - you are correct in your assumption - have had some less fortunate experiences with B&B.

3 minutes ago, Galveston Cruiser said:

There are several hotels as well as individual rentals.

Thank you - I can find many on various booking platforms but also very mixed reviews - hence I’m interested in specific recommendations.

9 minutes ago, hallasm said:

Thank you for the inputs. I have now booked Hotel Porto di Roma for my pre-cruise stay in Civitavecchia.

Many people here would be interested on your comments on the hotel.  People always ask and, as you said, there is hardly any info.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, marazul said:

Many people here would be interested on your comments on the hotel.  People always ask and, as you said, there is hardly any info

Yes. I’ll update this topic by end of October next year.

Here's another suggestion.  On our last cruise out of Civitavecchia, we did not want to stay in Rome.  Been there.  So we took out a map and followed the railway line up the coast from Civitivecchia.  Not too far, you come to Tarquinia.  So we booked into "I Tre Camini" for three nights.  Federica picked us up from the train station and then gave us a ride to the port, only about twenty minutes.  Tarquinia is an attractive old Tuscan town, just exactly the kind of thing we enjoy.  Your choice, of course, but we would certainly do that again.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I do think Cruisemom was very kind on her comments about Civitavecchia hotels.  Unfortunately, DW and I have twice stayed in Civitavecchia (pre-cruise) despite knowing better.  We did it out of convenience because we were returning a rental car (after extensive driving trips).  Otherwise, we would have certainly stayed in Rome and used a transfer service, taxi, or the train to get ourselves to Civitavecchia on embarkation day.   One can find an adequate place to stay in Civitavecchia and also find adequate restaurants.  For my money, I want more than adequate.

Hank

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/3/2023 at 5:19 PM, Galveston Cruiser said:

There are several hotels as well as individual rentals.  Very easy to search for accommodations. We much prefer staying in Civitavecchia as we have been to Rome several times.  Have enjoyed great restaurants and cafes in this city,

We are doing this before our cruise in June. Do you have recommendations on restaurants, food tours, cooking classes or other unique experiences in Civitavecchia?

On 12/4/2023 at 5:13 PM, hallasm said:

Thank you for the inputs. I have now booked Hotel Porto di Roma for my pre-cruise stay in Civitavecchia.

I've booked that one, too, for our June sailing.  I did a lot of research and ultimately decided upon it based upon the reviews/price/location.  I can update after our trip.