Thoughts, impressions, and observations for the World Cruise.

6 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

That could be an issue if renting a car in port.  I know in Copenhagen (at CPH), they asked for my passport when renting a car.

This is interesting. When we were in Cartagena, Columbia in Oct on ROS, we tried to buy coffee with a credit card, but couldn't because we didn't have our passports on us. To use a CC you had to have. That might prove interesting in the next 268 days. 

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

A hotel in Venice once tried to take my passport. I told them it wasn't happening. They relented.

2 hours ago, BND said:

Hotels in Europe used to do that to guarantee people wouldn't skip out on their bill.  No need to now with internet and ability to put a hold on a credit card.  We had to leave ours in the early 80's at our hotels.   No way I'd leave mine now.  

They tried this in Venice with my dad and in the late 90s.  They didn’t get ours either. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Day in Curacao.  

Loved seeing my sister today.  She was a bummed we were not spending Christmas with her.  So she followed us. 😉 

Favorite restaurant, Ceviche 91 Gastopub at the harbor.  Locks of love across from the swing bridge.  Largest, oldest pedestrian swing bridge in the world.  Bucky checking out the lovely local lady!  

Hey, now I'm PO! That's my Curacao girl friend. I usually get my picture with her. Bucky has the Aruba cow.  😁 Oh well that's what I get for not booking this cruise.

If you hadn't mentioned your sister I would have easily guessed she would be your sister. Good looking group of kids. 🍷

Edited by doghog
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, The sea calls my name said:

This is interesting. When we were in Cartagena, Columbia in Oct on ROS, we tried to buy coffee with a credit card, but couldn't because we didn't have our passports on us. To use a CC you had to have. That might prove interesting in the next 268 days. 

Passport cards...not taken from us, and go with us into every port.  Not Drivers License.  

10 hours ago, doghog said:

Hey, now I'm PO! That's my Curacao girl friend. I usually get my picture with her. Bucky has the Aruba cow.  😁 Oh well that's what I get for not booking this cruise.

If you hadn't mentioned your sister I would have easily guessed she would be your sister. Good looking group of kids. 🍷

Thanks!  She and I could be twins, and get that all the time, though she is 3 years younger than I am.  

Really messes her up when I come to see her at her clinic.   They all think I am the doctor...I told Laurie I was writing scripts for them.  😄   Even funnier when I visit her in the hospital...nurses chasing me down with questions.  

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Thanks!  She and I could be twins, and get that all the time, though she is 3 years younger than I am.  

Really messes her up when I come to see her at her clinic.   They all think I am the doctor...I told Laurie I was writing scripts for them.  😄   Even funnier when I visit her in the hospital...nurses chasing me down with questions.  

So much for incognito Pat!  I'll now know who to lookout for if we ever wind up on the same ship.  Was disappointed that we never did get to sail together in the covid aftermath. I know I canceled the Wonder TA, but, I think Covid canceled another, must have been Allure? 

Edited by Steeler Nation At Sea
  • Like 1

On 12/17/2023 at 9:11 AM, Ocean Boy said:

I have yet to make it to Bonaire. I've only seen the lights as we passed in the night on Adventure.

We have 5 Southern cruises booked on Adventure between now and 2026, and two of them do the ABC islands. The other three only do A and C, and either Labadee or Coco Cay.

39 minutes ago, CSHS1979 said:

$16,798 with 20% gratuity.

YOLO

31 minutes ago, Steeler Nation At Sea said:

That is exactly what I would pay for 100 75 minute services at my spa, just not billed all at once.  Seems a fair price to me.

Double OUCH. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

I remember having our passports taken for the duration of the cruise many times in the 90s.  Then line up in the theater early (5:30) on the final morning, to clear immigration and have passport returned.

Back then they'd have us going threw the Main Dining for Immigration, always made it seen unsanitary as people in line would set at Tables set up for Breakfast or Lunch

3 hours ago, orville99 said:

We have 5 Southern cruises booked on Adventure between now and 2026, and two of them do the ABC islands. The other three only do A and C, and either Labadee or Coco Cay.

Yeah probably 20 Cruises on Repos or 11n Carib from Florida we went to A/C or A/B, only 4 were the A/B though one them was 3 months ago. Interesting as never seen Sunshine on B, only once it rained on A and that lasted only 20 min