Thoughts, impressions, and observations for the World Cruise.

1 hour ago, pstone1 said:

Miss Piggy!  LOL!  Very cute!

We bought our two granddaughters soft llamas/alpacas when we were in La Serena.  So far, we haven’t found something for our grandson!  Still looking!

OMG...indeed that fur is sooo soft!   🥰

As Pat said earlier, there were vast differences between the different neighborhoods.  Lots of barbed wire, pointy iron fences, electric fences, and gates in many/most areas we drove through!

IMG_3375.jpeg

IMG_3376.jpeg

IMG_3381.jpeg

• Like 7

42 minutes ago, orville99 said:

“It’s OK you can call her flower if you want to”

IMG_0335.gif

LOL...OK...both Bucky and I like that one.  And your cute Bambi cartoon put that over the top...plus it combines suggestions from others as well.  Flower it is.  😍  Winner...winner chicken dinner!  Oh wait, Bucky just had Pollo!  😄 

• Like 4

Enclosed balconies are representative of the time when Spain was under Moorish control.  Veiled women could go out onto the balcony and lower their veils w/o being seen.

2 hours ago, pstone1 said:

We took a tour around Lima this morning, visiting at least 7 of the 15 “neighborhoods”.  One of our stops was Plaza Mayor or Plaza de Armas, where the President of Peru lives.  There was a very heavy Police presence everywhere, and the Plaza was closed due to a very loud protest taking place a block or two away.  We walked a few blocks around and were able to take decent pictures of the Plaza buildings, including the Municipal Palace and the Archbishop’s Palace. Buildings with beautifully carved wooden balconies were also around the Plaza.

IMG_3293.jpeg

IMG_3348.jpeg

IMG_3314.jpeg

IMG_3322.jpeg

IMG_3311.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

3 hours ago, island lady said:

LOL...OK...both Bucky and I like that one.  And your cute Bambi cartoon put that over the top...plus it combines suggestions from others as well.  Flower it is.  😍  Winner...winner chicken dinner!  Oh wait, Bucky just had Pollo!  😄 

Sometimes it is fun to be old😇

Edited by orville99
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ILCTCRUISER said:

Enclosed balconies are representative of the time when Spain was under Moorish control.  Veiled women could go out onto the balcony and lower their veils w/o being seen.

Thank you! That explains why they looked so similar in Tenerife. ☺️

• Like 2

1 hour ago, orville99 said:

Any word from the top of the mountain?

I saw a couple of YouTube videos that said MP was cancelled, but not sure if it was all groups cancelled, meaning Royal excursions, independent.

1 hour ago, crzndeb said:

I saw a couple of YouTube videos that said MP was cancelled, but not sure if it was all groups cancelled, meaning Royal excursions, independent.

It will be interesting to hear where they actually went.

On 1/24/2024 at 10:33 AM, alfaeric said:

One possible positive about all of the ticytockers is the potential to lower demand.  And we all know if that will help all of us get lower rates overall.

So I will laugh at them, and hopefully enjoy the further savings.

One heck of an adventure, this cruise is.  Maybe one day we will be able to do it if they do it again.

BTW, one thing that I would love to see at the end is the total overall spend on the cruise.  For the excursions and on board spending.  And not perfect, but a good number to help put a budget together for a future possibility.  Round up.  Then I will have to find the budget to keep my house standing for the time off... LOL.

That is something you will never see on this thread, most posters on this thread tend not to talk about what things cost when asked.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

That is something you will never see on this thread, most posters on this thread tend not to talk about what things cost when asked.

Welcome back😇

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

The ship had cancelled our foodie tour yesterday, so I rebooked with outside tour group Haku.  Wow...1/3rd the price and with only three of us with pick up at the port gates, and transfer back.  We really scored!.  

Market tour while our chef picked up what we needed for requested choices for lunch.  El Gatto "supervising" one produce stand.  

20240130_091607.jpg

20240130_091002.jpg

20240130_091316.jpg

• Like 19
  • Haha 2

Thought we would get a repeat of the singing waiter last night, according to our asst. waiter, but it never happened..and in fact the dining room was even more empty than the night before.  😮  This was at 6:15 pm last night.  

20240129_180038.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

From what I understand from various sources...and even our tour guide today who lives up in the mountains...the large group from the ship, still never made it to Machu Picchu.  Not sure when they are coming back.....assuming sometime tonight.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, ILCTCRUISER said:

Looks like a lot of fun.  Need to try sometime.

OMG...it was great!  One of the best tours ever...and love those small group tours.  Just not into "cattle call bus tours".  😬

• Like 5

1 minute ago, island lady said:

From what I understand from various sources...and even our tour guide today who lives up in the mountains...the large group from the ship, still never made it to Machu Picchu.  Not sure when they are coming back.....assuming sometime tonight.  

That's sucks, for them to give it a go and still not complete the excursion.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1