Thoughts, impressions, and observations for the World Cruise.

5 minutes ago, Hoopster95 said:

Options #2 is an amazing one-of-a-kind journey! What an awesome cruise.

I cannot see how anyone would even consider option #1 in comparison.

Thank you again for this Suzy

I agree! Lots of cruises visit Greece and Italy, but few spend so much time circling Africa as the Immersive Africa Itinerary. 

To answer my own previous question - it appears the cruise resumes its original itinerary in Ravenna on June 20.

1 minute ago, TwoMisfits said:

Option 2 would also be my no brainer decision.  I don't remember which one gets more OBC, but the sea days to stop days are just better spread...and why not see some African sites if you're gonna sail around it?

I thought I saw 25% for option 1, 50% for option 2.

Though I guess they have to figure the cost just for this leg? That would be quite a big deal. Interesting. I saw they had the 3 pm meeting and wondered what was said. So thanks all. 

16 minutes ago, island lady said:

Well, I am just hoping the new itinerary won't affect the date for Barcelona.  If they come in late...oh drats...guess I will just have to extend my stay in Barcelona.  😉 

Oooh….BARCELONA!  Fingers crossed for LATE!

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, ILCTCRUISER said:

Oooh….BARCELONA!  Fingers crossed for LATE!

If the cruise resume in Venice(Ravenna) on the 20th of June and just picks up and goes from there as scheduled, why would there be a need to come into Barcelona late?

8 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

If the cruise resume in Venice(Ravenna) on the 20th of June and just picks up and goes from there as scheduled, why would there be a need to come into Barcelona late?

Barcelona.  For @island lady, this would be ideal.  More time in Barcelona.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

If they go with option#1 , that means May 9th, May 27, June 7th cruises are all canceled.

How  are the refunds for those people handled, Cruise fare, Flights and Hotels?

I've already received my cancellation email for my mini segment for Dubai to Athens.

No option to board in Dubai (as that's where I'll be on the 9th as flight and hotel is booked) and enjoy my 18 nights before disembarking in Cape Town.

Not best pleased.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

If they go with option#1 , that means May 9th, May 27, June 7th cruises are all canceled.

How  are the refunds for those people handled, Cruise fare, Flights and Hotels?

I'm only on the May 27 cruise, and I have already received an email from RCI notifying me that my cruise was cancelled. This is what was offered:

Option 1: Re-book any other Royal Caribbean International sailing.

• If you prefer to re-book another sailing, we’ll waive any non-refundable deposit change fees.
  • Please know, you’ll be responsible for any difference in pricing for your cruise fare, taxes, fees, gratuities, and other non-cruise fare items.
    • If your booking was already paid in full and your cruise fare rate decreases, we’ll provide you with a refund for the difference.
  • To sweeten the offer, you’ll receive a $100 USD Onboard Credit to spend onboard per stateroom:
    • Plus, an additional $50 USD for each third or more guest.
  • And, you’ll also be reimbursed for non-refundable, pre-purchased transportation change fees incurred (such as a flight, train ticket, or rental car).
    • We’ll cover up to $200 USD per guest for Domestic changes, or up to $400 USD per guest for International changes.
    • Please email your receipts and booking information to RoyalGuestRelations@rccl.com for review and reimbursement.

Option 2: If you prefer to cancel, we’ll be sad to see you go, but hope you’ll come back soon. You’ll receive:

• A full refund of any paid portion of your cruise fare (including non-refundable deposits) and any pre-paid amenities to the original form of payment.
    • If you used a Future Cruise Credit on this sailing and you request a refund instead, we’ll refund any NEW funds paid above the certificate amount and we’ll reinstate your original certificate.
  • Please know, if you choose this option, we will not provide additional compensation.

Any refunds due will be credited to your original form of payment within 14 business days after your decision – kindly note, refund times may vary depending on your financial institution.

Other than the $100 onboard credit for booking a new cruise - it's not like the days of "Lift & Shift"!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

10 minutes ago, Tatra603 said:

I've already received my cancellation email for my mini segment for Dubai to Athens.

No option to board in Dubai (as that's where I'll be on the 9th as flight and hotel is booked) and enjoy my 18 nights before disembarking in Cape Town.

Not best pleased.

Won't they be making some new mini cruises so you could still board in Dubai?

• Like 1

Just now, Jimbo said:

You would think so, but why not give us first option on that rather than unceremoniously cancelling our cruise?

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

But according to Nancy's post will have to pay the difference which if option 1 could be high as so unusual.  All depends what the new fares are and how many mini segments they create 

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Well then just stay in Barcelona and forget the cruise. No biggie.

Well…I guess most, if not all, of us who’ve had the privilege of viewing your posts over the years, probably could have anticipated a response like this.  You know, there’s more to life than Deflect, Deflect, Deflect.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Tatra603 said:

You would think so, but why not give us first option on that rather than unceremoniously cancelling our cruise?

I don't know why they couldn't at least offered the May 9th canceled cruisers the option of just going from Dubai to Capetown for their 18 night cruise, then all they would have to do  is change their returning  home flight from Athens to Capetown to home.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, ILCTCRUISER said:

Well…I guess most, if not all, of us who’ve had the privilege of viewing your posts over the years, probably could have anticipated a response like this.  You know, there’s more to life than Deflect, Deflect, Deflect.

Sorry you stressed the point and put my user name in the post, maybe if you didn't address the post to me I wouldn't have needed to reply.   

15 minutes ago, Tatra603 said:

Maybe because they have not officially made the change.........how long do you have to reply what you are going to do? maybe a  mini is still to come for May 9th Cruisers?

25 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Maybe because they have not officially made the change.........how long do you have to reply what you are going to do? maybe a  mini is still to come for May 9th Cruisers?

Nope 

Just 2 options given.

Book an alternative cruise and get £100 per stateroom in OBC or get a refund.

No option 3 to board in Dubai and take the new itinerary to Cape Town.

We all know they'll repackage it and double the price, but I still reckon we should have been given first priority.

Instead we'll be involved in a bun fight for a very sought after cruise with no guarantee of success even though having booked the flight and hotel, I'll be in Dubai anyway. And I'll lose the nice stateroom I had.

This is very bad form from RC.

Turns out us mini segmenters were considered second class passengers after all.

Edited by Tatra603
  • Like 4

29 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I neglected to previously copy and post the last paragraph of RCI's cancellation letter, but here it is:

"It’s important to us that you find the best vacation option. Please call us using the contact information below or your Travel Advisor by March 1st, 2024, to let us know your decision. Hours of operations are M-F 9 am to 9 pm EST, Sat/Sun 9 am to 6 pm EST, and please know, hold times may be longer than usual. If you decide to go with Option 2, there’s no need to call us. If we haven’t heard from you by March 1st, 2024 your reservation will default to Option 2 and will be cancelled."

It isn't clear from this paragraph whether you have to book a new cruise by March 1st, or just notify RCI that you intend to book a new cruise.

Edited by NancyIL
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, ILCTCRUISER said:

Aww...thanks! 🥰

Indeed.  Some select few just don't get it do they?   😉 

I am now in the ranks of the virtual cruisers until Barcelona when I reboard.  And definitely appreciate the ones that are keeping this thread alive.  Already missing my compadres....and looking forward to rejoining again.  🙂 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, NancyIL said:

I neglected to previously copy and post the last paragraphs of RCI's cancellation letter, but here it is:

It’s important to us that you find the best vacation option. Please call us using the contact information below or your Travel Advisor by March 1st, 2024, to let us know your decision. Hours of operations are M-F 9 am to 9 pm EST, Sat/Sun 9 am to 6 pm EST, and please know, hold times may be longer than usual. If you decide to go with Option 2, there’s no need to call us. If we haven’t heard from you by March 1st, 2024 your reservation will default to Option 2 and will be cancelled.

So the new itinerary will be voted upon on Feb 27th and we have to decide by March 1st. Not much of a window for us when they decide to repackage the new itinerary, double the price and make it available for purchase.