Thoughts, impressions, and observations for the World Cruise.

2 hours ago, ticketsunlimited said:

Greats pictures as always.  I really hope you all got to try the Pineapple in Moorea.  There is nothing like it anywhere in the world.

It highly enhanced the flavor of the local edible flower according to John

Screenshot_20240228_122256_Google.thumb.jpg.e0f94c95aff6bfdf606f21191ee1a784.jpg

Screenshot_20240228_121153_Google.jpg.f157faaf96a20256e2caec2b622bac98.jpg

Also known as Blue Pea. Need to find out if it can survive in Florida. Always looking for blue flowers.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

On 2/27/2024 at 5:22 PM, Merion_Mom said:

The full itinerary:  UWC_SEG_3.pdf (rccl.com)

Dubai to Cape Town.  Cape Town to Ravenna.

The pricing:May be a graphic of text that says 'Per person Cruisfare is as follows (excludes taxes, fees, and gratuities): Serenade of the Seas May 9th, 2024 (18 Nights) per person: Balcony: $4,140.00 USD Oceanview: $2,790.00 USD Interior: $2,610.00 USD Serenade of the Seas May 27th, 2024 (24 Nights) per person: Balcony: $5,520.00 USD Oceanview: $3,720.00 USD Interior: $3,480.00 USD'

Funny called RCCL today before I saw this and the agent said they did not have these itineraries available for sale.  Much luck with 60 days until these sailing(s) selling the ship anywhere near these outrageous prices.  I was getting off in Dubai (still am) The Beijing to Singapore segment I priced today came in $85 US per day including taxes. (inside)   

21 hours ago, CSHS1979 said:

20240225_115855.thumb.jpg.4de3d281f920540687c23172263489a5.jpg

Awesome seeing a man who is not afraid to lug around a real camera nowadays.  Phone cameras have come a long way, but will never replicate a DSLR.  Assuming the photographer has a good eye for the shot.

Edited by Russ Lomas
  • Like 2

Cancellations incoming for previously booked shore excursions in the ports the ship will no longer be visiting.

Also, I noticed that the cruise planner is showing most of the new ports (but existing excursions - new options aren't expected until April, IIRC). May 27 (previously Athens) sailing is currently showing:

• Day 2: Cruising
  • Day 4: Walvis Bay, Namibia
  • Day 5-6: Cruising
  • Day 7: Luanda, Angola
  • Day 8-9: Cruising
  • Day 10: Takoradi, Ghana
  • Day 11: Abidjan, Ivory Coast
  • Day 12: Cruising

June 7 (previously Istanbul) sailing is currently showing:

• Day 3: Dakar, Senegal
  • Day 4-5: Cruising
  • Day 6: Tenerife, Canary Islands
  • Day 7: Cruising
  • Day 8: Gibraltar, United Kingdom
  • Day 9-10: Cruising
  • Day 11: Corfu, Greece
  • Day 12: Bari, Italy
  • Day 13-14: Ravenna, Italy
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Searanger said:

Funny called RCCL today before I saw this and the agent said they did not have these itineraries available for sale.  Much luck with 60 days until these sailing(s) selling the ship anywhere near these outrageous prices.  I was getting off in Dubai (still am) The Beijing to Singapore segment I priced today came in $85 US per day including taxes. (inside)   

One would have to assume they don't want to sell it. FWIW, the world cruisers can only share their booking number once. 

Also, $85 is a bargain. John's rate as a solo OV is closer to $300 per day

• Like 8

For those of you going on the immersive Africa segment, if you are looking for excursions I have suggestions.

We were on a cruise that stopped in Port Elizabeth a few years ago and we went to Aldo Elephant Park. We did a ship tour but lots of passengers either rented a car and went on their own or booked a private tour. It’s about 30 min from the port (if my memory is correct).

We were 3 days in Cape Town and used the first 2 days to go to Aquila Private Game Reserve. This was a private tour organized by someone on cc. The ship had a tour to Aquila but they were going there and back in the same day. Which meant a long drive there, just one game drive in the middle of the day when the animals are not very active and then a long drive back. By staying overnight we had one game drive at the end of the first afternoon until sundown and then another one early the next morning before breakfast. 

Both of these experiences were amazing so if you have a chance to go to either one of these I would recommend you do it.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Day 3 of 5 sea days. Hot and very humid today. Tonight we will cross the international date line and skip one day. We will wake up March 2 tomorrow.

IMG_2320.thumb.jpeg.d5feef6755eb5a74204930a69f13046c.jpeg

Deck 5 is never busy. We like to walk there when it’s too hot on deck 12 (or when it’s closed “due to weather” which is often the case). We also like to sit and read there (not as hot as on our balcony which has the afternoon sun). But we are often alone…

IMG_2325.thumb.jpeg.bc1b2bae1dcec227c3d588964206daa7.jpeg

• Like 20

10 minutes ago, ringers0815 said:

Day 3 of 5 sea days. Hot and very humid today. Tonight we will cross the international date line and skip one day. We will wake up March 2 tomorrow.

IMG_2320.thumb.jpeg.d5feef6755eb5a74204930a69f13046c.jpeg

Deck 5 is never busy. We like to walk there when it’s too hot on deck 12 (or when it’s closed “due to weather” which is often the case). We also like to sit and read there (not as hot as on our balcony which has the afternoon sun). But we are often alone…

IMG_2325.thumb.jpeg.bc1b2bae1dcec227c3d588964206daa7.jpeg

How are things in the Solarium? Has it been packed with people trying to escape the heat?

29 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

How are things in the Solarium? Has it been packed with people trying to escape the heat?

The solarium is always busy. But some days it was too hot and steamy in there! It was suffocating. Then they started putting more AC and it was nice and cool.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

21 hours ago, ringers0815 said:

The solarium is always busy. But some days it was too hot and steamy in there! It was suffocating. Then they started putting more AC and it was nice and cool.

There was hardly anyone in the Solarium today.  I did go up to the library to return a book and it was the first time I saw anyone in there.  Library was packed!

Sherri🙂

• Like 7

On 2/28/2024 at 7:57 PM, CSHS1979 said:

One would have to assume they don't want to sell it. FWIW, the world cruisers can only share their booking number once. 

Also, $85 is a bargain. John's rate as a solo OV is closer to $300 per day

thanks for sharing some of J's photos.  I bet your cute doggie is happy to have you home for a while

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/1/2024 at 6:38 AM, Oceansaway17 said:

thanks for sharing some of J's photos.  I bet your cute doggie is happy to have you home for a while

Bell is still at the beach. I get her back in 2 weeks

IMG_20240302_095000.thumb.jpg.cdd2e9a86fc8b6b769d541be3734d338.jpg

• Like 20