Thoughts, impressions, and observations for the World Cruise.

12 hours ago, island lady said:

Though ironically, even if you make Pinnacle....you are not allowed into the Concierge Lounge (unless you are one of the 41 Pinnies on full world cruise).   Also not allowed for breakfast in Chops even for full WC Pinnacles.  😉 

Exceptions are for GS cabins and above, which are very limited on Radiance class ships.  

I don't think that is in the least bit ironic.  The situation is what the situation is.  As you said, very limited space on Serenade.  They are fortunate to be recognized as Pinnacle immediately, instead of having to wait.  They get their six drinks, their free wifi, their shiny pins.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ringers0815 said:

Welcome to Australia balloon drop earlier tonight.

IMG_2779.thumb.jpeg.82afe40cfedb2142a7720e2d84e8a21f.jpeg

IMG_2783.thumb.jpeg.2af8ff1d4468bd02496fd5604a48846b.jpeg

Great photos of the balloon drop!

Thanks for taking the time to post your beautiful photos and updates!  Enjoy the rest of your vacation!

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

I don't think that is in the least bit ironic.  The situation is what the situation is.  As you said, very limited space on Serenade.  They are fortunate to be recognized as Pinnacle immediately, instead of having to wait.  They get their six drinks, their free wifi, their shiny pins.  

And actually even though there were 41 Pinns on full WC...when we were on board for first quarter...most of them did not frequent the Concierge lounge.  There was never more than 4-10 of us in there at all times.  Only a couple of suite's guests ever showed up.  

Serenade opens up 90% of the VCL for Crown Lounge overflow, with "guard dogs" at the ropes.   The bulk of the Pinnacles really seem to prefer the interactions with D and D+ friends, and the big comfy chairs with better view in that lounge.  🙂   And a lot of them simply "bar hop" around the ship.  

Nothing over a balcony was available for us on last quarter, but we have a nice bump out on deck 8.  It will be a whole lot "cozier" with creative storage than we had with the GS we had for first quarter on deck 10.  😉   Will be among the happy hour crowd around the ship's various lounges when we reboard, since no access to the Concierge Lounge then.  

And BTW...you could be a newbie cruiser doing the quarters or full WC in an inside cabin and get free WIFI, laundry, and unlimited drink package as included perks.  But no shiny pins.  😄 

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, island lady said:

nd BTW...you could be a newbie cruiser doing the quarters or full WC in an inside cabin and get free WIFI, laundry, and unlimited drink package as included perks.  But no shiny pins.  😄

A newbie sailing solo in an interior, OV, or balcony that does the full WC would be D++ (~550 points) by the time they departed the ship. If they were solo in a JS or better, they would be a Pin.😎

Edited by orville99
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, orville99 said:

A newbie sailing solo in an interior, OV, or balcony that does the full WC would be D++ (~550 points) by the time they departed the ship. If they were solo in a JS or better, they would be a Pin.😎

We were on first quarter for 63 nights.  Did Royal up bid, and won our bid going from balcony to GS.  Under those rules of course, still only one point per night.  Total 63 points.   Have earned much more than that on some cruises for just 4 weeks in a suite.  😉 

2 hours ago, orville99 said:

Would be D+++  😉

D+ = 175 pts

D++ = 340 pts

D+++ = 525 pts

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

There's no way Pinns would allow that.  It would have to be Beneath Pinnacle.  😉

D+++ = PET (Pin Envy Tier)

• Haha 6

17 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

There's no way Pinns would allow that.  It would have to be Beneath Pinnacle.  😉

OK...good thing I am beyond that then...I say in my most humble attitude.  😄 😄 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, ringers0815 said:

Beautiful day at sea. Lots of sun and little wind. All decks and pool opened again. Tomorrow we are in Sydney, Australia.

IMG_2797.thumb.jpeg.3083ee7cb7ffc64ed389c49ed6d22a30.jpeg

IMG_2798.thumb.jpeg.b275061bf14ed611667ed847ce413a2e.jpeg

IMG_2801.thumb.jpeg.a5620e98662123504ace98f6091ee36f.jpeg

IMG_2800.thumb.jpeg.6bb6a05ab67f6c6ebe420dd2eda685e6.jpeg

Beautiful pictures as usual.  You are doing a fantastic job!  Thanks so much for sharing.  🥰

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, island lady said:

LOL....lately not much to envy with all these cut backs for Pinnies.  😉 😄 

I look at it this way🤪 🙄 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

If anybody abroad is interested in watching Serenade's sail-in / sail-out of Sydney Harbour, https://webcamsydney.com/ has got you covered.  They have prime viewing over the harbour and Opera House.  Serenade will be tendering from arrival until 2:00 pm (local time) since another ship is docked at the Overseas Passenger Terminal, so you won't be able to see them on the webcam.  But then from 3:00 pm (11 pm EST) until Midnight (8 AM EST tomorrow), they will be docked there, so that's the best time to watch.  I'll try to capture some images if I can, though of course those on the ship get the best view of all. 😆 

This is Serenade's tender / docking schedule for Sydney, which I mentioned above.

Cruise.jpg

Edited by BPyser1
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3