Thoughts, impressions, and observations for the World Cruise.

We have sailed on the Serenade several times and plan to sail on her again next year to Alaska.

Just wondering what changes or enhancements were made for her world cruise that are likely to remain.  Thinking the enlarged library might remain but the laundry facilities removed.

Thanks and sorry if this has been asked and answered already.

The Serenade just crossed under the Great Belt Bridge underway to Rostock (Berlin) tomorrow!  I wonder if anyone stayed up for the crossing... it really is a tight clearance!

Screenshot_1.jpg

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, BPyser1 said:

The Serenade just crossed under the Great Belt Bridge underway to Rostock (Berlin) tomorrow!  I wonder if anyone stayed up for the crossing... it really is a tight clearance!

Screenshot_1.jpg

We did. Goodnight 

20240730_000537.thumb.jpg.b9815297dddad5e1bbfb3c46cc4420e0.jpg

20240730_001335.thumb.jpg.cce9b92bee6559648c5a7ce19d1fed0a.jpg

20240730_001539.thumb.jpg.2d1769f6d5827b19d13028dd9079e781.jpg

20240730_001621.thumb.jpg.8ead9b625c9d184e9a85368ae94beacf.jpg

20240730_001645.thumb.jpg.45fb59ee19738cbd4cc72f25f69a331f.jpg

20240730_001655.thumb.jpg.e357c8fd4080464e646acb95d57ef75f.jpg

20240730_001704.thumb.jpg.e27ba6ed27deb10a6341a117eed0650d.jpg

Screenshot_20240730_001743_Maps.thumb.jpg.afc77a8ea2430b4612b92f19ba97aa01.jpg

• Like 24

9 hours ago, 2travelcats said:

We have sailed on the Serenade several times and plan to sail on her again next year to Alaska.

Just wondering what changes or enhancements were made for her world cruise that are likely to remain.  Thinking the enlarged library might remain but the laundry facilities removed.

Thanks and sorry if this has been asked and answered already.

In the cabins there's a night light that comes on outside the bathroom as you get up, movement sensitive.

There's also extra USB charging points by the bed that weren't there when we were on Serenade last Sept.

IMO  the food seems better too, especially the lunch on sea days in Windjammer. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CSHS1979 said:

John promised me ABBA museum

I did the vasa museum but if I go back I want to see Abba museum too

please post photos

Is ship planning anything special for last day at Coco cay?

8 hours ago, sgmn said:

In the cabins there's a night light that comes on outside the bathroom as you get up, movement sensitive.

There's also extra USB charging points by the bed that weren't there when we were on Serenade last Sept.

IMO  the food seems better too, especially the lunch on sea days in Windjammer. 

I really liked the nightlight, at first I thought it would wake up hubby, but it didn’t.

And I agree 100% that the food in the WJ was way better than normal. On our 20 days on the ship, most mornings we had breakfast in the Crown Lounge, and lunch and dinner in WJ. That was a first for us. We have always eaten in MDR, but WJ was much better.

• Like 1

On 7/30/2024 at 5:36 AM, CSHS1979 said:

John promised me ABBA museum

I went to Vasa right at opening time.  Absolutely amazing.  Then walked to Abba and got in line.  Enjoyed that too but the size of the Vasa was mind-blowing.  Riga's a lovely destination too.  

Edited by MindyJohn
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

thanks, I’ve been wondering where they’re from….

Me too. 

I even stopped by the customer service desk to see if they were displayed there.  

For some reason we automatically got the cruise compass paper copy delivered every day so had no need to check the QR code.

The port info that @CSHS1979 has been posting was not in the printed compass to the same level of detail 

Enjoy Helsinki. I use to work for a Finnish company and went there loads of times on courses and on family holidays when the kids were kids !!

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 4

30 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

She sure is being stubborn about not posting.🤨

She's having waaaay too much fun. I agree with the reasons she didn't want to continue with the live posts. I've noticed one of those reasons is no longer posting on CC. 

• Like 6

15 hours ago, doghog said:

Anyone seen Pat and Bucky roaming around the ship?  

Yes several times around the ship. Bucky is very distinctive from the many photos of him Pat has posted. 

I said hello, but we were in a lift and didn't really get a chance to talk much.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Yes several times around the ship. Bucky is very distinctive from the many photos of him Pat has posted. 

I said hello, but we were in a lift and didn't really get a chance to talk much.

They seem to keep to themselves this trip

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1