Thoughts, impressions, and observations for the World Cruise.

4 minutes ago, CSHS1979 said:

No idea, sit here and wait. Turnaround day is tomorrow 

Ok.  We've been told no berth for us at IJmolden or Rotterdam. Time will tell.  In Molde today.  Rainy earlier but not now.

• Like 2

Caught this view of the Serenade as it was leaving the IJmuiden locks sailing into the sunset.  Now the ship leaves continental Europe behind as it sails towards Iceland!

Screenshot_1.jpg

Screenshot_2.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Hard to believe only 22 days left on the WC.

Enjoy😊

In some ways it seems like it has gone by fast and then sometimes it feels like it has been going on forever.

I wonder what RCI's thought are of the experience and if they are ready for it to come to an end. It would also interesting to get passenger thoughts on the experience.

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I wonder what RCI's thought are of the experience and if they are ready for it to come to an end

And do they regret doing it given all the press they have had about swingers upside pineapples on cabin doors drugs and the like as has been seen in the media? And would they do it again in a few years time perhaps with St Petersburg and the middle east open up again as I am sure they will to some fashion?

54 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

And do they regret doing it given all the press they have had about swingers upside pineapples on cabin doors drugs and the like as has been seen in the media? And would they do it again in a few years time perhaps with St Petersburg and the middle east open up again as I am sure they will to some fashion?

I haven't read any media stories about swingers or drugs.   But then I tend to ignore stories like that, especially those on Twitter.   Instead I have enjoyed following along on all the history and beautiful photos on some blogs.

• Like 8

42 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I haven't read any media stories about swingers or drugs.   But then I tend to ignore stories like that, especially those on Twitter.   Instead I have enjoyed following along on all the history and beautiful photos on some blogs.

Neither have I heard any of this.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Neither have I heard any of this.

Neither have I.  I don’t pay attention to TikTok or the vloggers that try to sensationalize everything. 

I read a lot, and haven’t really seen very much about the world cruise.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, ace2542 said:

We never saw or heard anything like this while we were on the cruise for 20 days.  Lots of magnets on doors,  but no upside down pineapples….and no one that resembled a swinger. Drugs? Never saw that either.

• Like 3

On 8/20/2024 at 11:22 AM, Ocean Boy said:

In some ways it seems like it has gone by fast and then sometimes it feels like it has been going on forever.

I wonder what RCI's thought are of the experience and if they are ready for it to come to an end. It would also interesting to get passenger thoughts on the experience.

Most of the World cruisers I have talked to over the past few days have said they are ready for the cruise to end.  Some have said 9 months was too long and said they would consider doing another one but only if it was shorter.

Sherri🙂

• Like 4