Specifying a bed configuration

Strongbad

I just checked in for our cruise on Beyond (12/22 Panama Canal) and the bed configuration is listed as "unknown". Is it possible to specify this online? If not is it worth waiting on hold to deal with it, or just tell the steward when we get on board?

FWIW - This will be our first Celebrity cruise - but on every single cruise we've ever done we have specified split beds and it has NEVER been done in advance. We simply tell our steward when we get there and they fix it before bedtime.

• Like 3

I believe if you booked with Celebrity you can select bedding preference if with an agent you can request them to do it for you.

You really don't need to do anything.   My experience has been the beds are connected by default and if you want single just mention to your Stateroom attendant and he will separate them during evening turn down service.   

• Like 1

We have always placed our request a few days before boarding.

Apart from anything else, it decreases the workload of the stateroom attendant / retreat host on the very busy changeover day, as that work does not have to be undone and redone.

For the first time, our room was not ready (in many aspects) on our Solstice cruise in October. It was not finished until the evening, after dinner.

• Like 1

On 12/3/2023 at 4:09 PM, Strongbad said:

I just checked in for our cruise on Beyond (12/22 Panama Canal) and the bed configuration is listed as "unknown". Is it possible to specify this online? If not is it worth waiting on hold to deal with it, or just tell the steward when we get on board?

What do you mean by configuration? Bed by the door or by the window?? Headboard facing or aft??  As a person who suffers from sea sickness, I won't book a cabin unless I know the direction the bed is facing. 

What is your cabin number??

Edited by Loracpin2
addition

19 hours ago, Loracpin2 said:

What do you mean by configuration? Bed by the door or by the window?? Headboard facing or aft??  As a person who suffers from sea sickness, I won't book a cabin unless I know the direction the bed is facing. 

What is your cabin number??

Well configuration is what it says on the webpage. I assume it is limited to if you wanted the bed setup as a king or two twins and doubt you can change the direction.

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I think I will figure it out once we get on the boat as it sounds like the stewards are used to not getting the right information.

On 12/3/2023 at 1:09 PM, Strongbad said:

Just  ask  the Stateroom attendant to change it if it is not to your liking.

I recently ask to have the Bed in my cabin changed from a side facing configuration to a Fore/Aft one and although the attendant thought it was a little strange he did it.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Loracpin2 said:

It's if you want the beds together as a King or separate as Twins.

You cannot change the location or direction of the bed.

1 hour ago, Strongbad said:

Well configuration is what it says on the webpage. I assume it is limited to if you wanted the bed setup as a king or two twins and doubt you can change the direction.

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I think I will figure it out once we get on the boat as it sounds like the stewards are used to not getting the right information.

Our bed configuration last cruise and almost every other was twin as we requested on the main webpage of our booking.  Yes, limited to split...they can't move the beds due to other permanent furniture placement.

• Like 1

In the "manage reservation" section online I've requested them apart.  On Apex March 2022 they were apart when we got to the cabin.  On Beyond in Jan. 2023 same thing, but we were in the first boarding group and the cabin was not ready, I reminded the room steward to separate... When we came back, room was ready, but beds were not apart.  Reminded him we want apart and he apologized and fixed it fast.  

2 hours ago, Strongbad said:

Since the beds can always always be made up as a king or twins when we board, I never give it a thought. But since the direction the beds face (they alternate between forward or aft) and I suffer from motion sickness that is my complete focus when my husband and I book a cabin. 

Perfect example is we chose Cabin 11230 for our January Apex sailing. If you look at the deckplan, you'll notice the door inset when entering the room. That's how I knew to book that cabin to ensure the direction of the bed is facing forward.  

P.S If it isn't, we'll just have them remake the bed linens in the opposite direction..🤣😝 

Edited by Loracpin2
Addition