Dining package

copi2boys

We will be sailing the Beyond 1/19 for a 10 night cruise. I thought I had seen a 3-night dining package at one point.  Five nights is too many, and our TA has given us 1 night, so thought the 3-night package would be perfect.  Will a 3-night package offer be available once on board?  Was looking for the pre-board discount. TIA

There  is a limited number of dining packages for 3, 4, 5,etc nights.  The 3 night package sells our first.  I have never seen it offered on the ship. 

The down side of the packages is that you can not make reservations until you are on the ship.  

You may want to book a couple of dinners through the cruise planner now which gives you a wider choice of days and times to select from.  The savings for the package vs booking individual reservations pre cruise often is not significant.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I'm looking at the 3-night dining package for a cruise later this year, the discount is quite small, 7%. In other peoples experience do we see greater discounts or flash sales on special days, Independence Day for example?

4 minutes ago, strickers said:

I'm looking at the 3-night dining package for a cruise later this year, the discount is quite small, 7%. In other peoples experience do we see greater discounts or flash sales on special days, Independence Day for example?

Yes! But sometimes when you least expect it. Keep checking and also stay up with your roll call, someone may tip you off on there too.

On our cruise I can purchase unlimited specialty dining (it’s 4 nights) for $230.

ok, so far so good

BUT, they add $92 for gratuities!

We are already paying the standard gratuities, wouldn’t that apply WHEREVER we ate dinner? And yes, we usually add something but this feels like double dipping.

IMG_9329.jpeg

Yeah, it's bonkers. Current price is about $200pp for 3 nights including gratuity, if I add $50 for Edge dining I don't think it's worth it. There are 4 complimentary dining rooms so a bit of variety, on a 13 night cruise we could have the lobster/mignon add on almost every night in the MDR for a similar price.

25 minutes ago, justcrusn said:

We are already paying the standard gratuities, wouldn’t that apply WHEREVER we ate dinner?

No. Standard gratuities cover servers in the MDR(s) and those working in the OVC and other no extra fee places.

When the X number of SD pre cruise offers are sold out they are no longer available.

If you do purchase a SD package for a cruise on one of the S or M class ships make it a priority once onboard to got to one of the Dining Rooms and Book your SD days and times Early. On any S or M class ship Any dining room Agent can book Any SD venue on their computer.

For pre booked Discount SD packages on an Edge class ship I have found they have a dedicated table near Guest Relations for all SD bookings.

In any case I urge you to do it ASAP after boarding.

Thanks, this is our first Celebrity cruise but we have booked SD elsewhere before. As soon as we board it's restaurant booking, muster call then bar which we usually manage in 15 minutes!

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, justcrusn said:

On our cruise I can purchase unlimited specialty dining (it’s 4 nights) for $230.

ok, so far so good

BUT, they add $92 for gratuities!

We are already paying the standard gratuities, wouldn’t that apply WHEREVER we ate dinner? And yes, we usually add something but this feels like double dipping.

IMG_9329.jpeg

No it isn’t double dipping.  The standard gratuities cover the no-extra-charge venues, not the specialties 

Edited by cruisestitch
  • Like 1