Sun, princess dining

Wonder18

1 hour ago, Wonder18 said:

Having trouble booking dining on the sun princess for November, my cruise is paid in full. The app says can’t find your reservation try later. looking for help.

Skip the app!  Try using the "web version" in the cruise personalizer on a desktop or laptop.

web version.jpg

Edited by Rick&Jeannie

Thanks for the information. I just tried the Web version and it would not let me choose my dining. Don’t know what I’m doing wrong. I also have another cruise in February 2025 which I had no problem getting dining there.

16 minutes ago, Wonder18 said:

Thanks for the information. I just tried the Web version and it would not let me choose my dining. Don’t know what I’m doing wrong. I also have another cruise in February 2025 which I had no problem getting dining there.

It is likely too early. My cruise is Oct 14/24 and I cannot book SD yet.

1 hour ago, Wonder18 said:

Having trouble booking dining on the sun princess for November, my cruise is paid in full. The app says can’t find your reservation try later. looking for help.

Your cruise is November and you already paid in full.  Why so soon?  Prices could still drop. 
Dining reservations don’t usually open up until 3-6 months prior to your cruise. 
The App does lots of weird things. Try again later. 

Edited by DHP1

2 hours ago, Wonder18 said:

You can't make any reservations until the ship hits the water.  So February.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, suekel said:

You can't make any reservations until the ship hits the water.  So February.

Even February dining reservations may not be open for November cruise. 

Edited by DHP1

29 minutes ago, Wonder18 said:

Yes, I tried the web version. It’s still will not let me make main dining reservations.

A new App will be coming out soon (early December). Maybe ??? You can make dining reservations then. 
Don’t forget there is only “one” main dining room on Sun Princess so your reservations will be who’s in your party and time. 

They also haven't announced all the specialty dining options yet for Sun Princess - still waiting on the deck 17 aft restaurant details.

There is another media shipyard visit this week so this might be revealed.

1 minute ago, dides said:

They also haven't announced all the specialty dining options yet for Sun Princess - still waiting on the deck 17 aft restaurant details.

There is another media shipyard visit this week so this might be revealed.

Keep us posted if you hear anything regarding shipyard visit. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

this is all I see … but do tell if there’s a web version I should be trying.  

image.png

On the Princess website under the Dine My Way option, you can click on 'try our web version', which then takes you into a screen that looks just like the app version screen where you make reservations.  I've been able to make reservations both in the app and using the web version, and the reservations show up in both places.  If I misunderstood your question then my apologies.  

Screenshot 2023-12-04 6.55.49 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-12-04 6.55.56 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-12-04 6.56.12 PM.png

Edited by Paula_MacFan
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, DHP1 said:

A new App will be coming out soon (early December). Maybe ??? You can make dining reservations then. 
Don’t forget there is only “one” main dining room on Sun Princess so your reservations will be who’s in your party and time. 

I expect they had/have some programming and design to do because the single DR is providing varying levels of "formality" in the menu offerings.  PCL announced this some time back, but the wording was vague as usual - marketing bliss or BS.  Seems like one level or section at least will have more casual quick meals, while other sections will have the regular dining experience.  At least two variations that the res system will need to account for or folks can easily end up in a place they don't want.  PCL should be more forthcoming with this.  Perhaps TA's got more info in one of Carmen Roig's webinars, but I have not viewed any of those for some time now.