Current Prices of Wine by the Glass

barbels

Well, I just think this is a sign of Celebrity trying to go back to its roots as a mass market cruise line. Trying to nickel and dime the guests is a hallmark of mass market lines. Remember who Celebrity’s parent company is — RCCL — the worst nickel and dimer of all !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Dolebludger said:

Well, I just think this is a sign of Celebrity trying to go back to its roots as a mass market cruise line. Trying to nickel and dime the guests is a hallmark of mass market lines. Remember who Celebrity’s parent company is — RCCL — the worst nickel and dimer of all !

Agreed! they really were a notch above the other mass market lines for a while ! (And this coming from two former Radisson Seven Seas addicts!!) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Diamond lover said:

Agreed! they really were a notch above the other mass market lines for a while ! (And this coming from two former Radisson Seven Seas addicts!!) 

Well, we are RSSC regulars. We cruised it when it had the Paul Gauguin and the Diamond, and last June on the Explorer. Much in between. In about 2018 and 2019 we had two cruises in the X Retreat, and they were really good, and at less cost than Regent for a larger suite. We checked things out lately, and find that the Retreat is more costly than cruising Regent. And find that the Retreat benefits have been cut. So no way on Celebrity! Back to Regent exclusively for us. They have the best price on what we require.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Dolebludger said:

We checked things out lately, and find that the Retreat is more costly than cruising Regent. And find that the Retreat benefits have been cut. So no way on Celebrity! Back to Regent exclusively for us. They have the best price on what we require.

Yup, in another thread a month or two ago I discussed my research for a milestone birthday cruise next year.  Was able to get a Category D suite on the Grandeur (including the pre-cruise hotel but not airfare) for LESS than a standard SS on Beyond/Ascent.  Plus $1k OBC, which X no longer offers.  That's a win/win/win for me. And it must be a win for Celebrity too because Retreat prices keep on going higher and ships are sailing full.  For the record, the Retreat was also more expensive than SilverSea and Oceania for this general itinerary. 

17 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

Well this was a 2017 wine list.  If you looked closely you will notice that the prices have more than doubled.  I doubt that wine prices in general have doubled in the same time frame.

Now drinking a liquor drink is a good option.  But you have to watch what they are pouring in the drink to make sure that it is not bottom shelf.  With wine you know what you are getting.

Not sure about the wines on this list, but what I drink has definitely doubled in the last 6years. It's gotten so bad that in the past 18months I've bought less than 1 case of wine tpta;. Used to do at least that on a monthly basis pre-pandemic. 

Agreed on mixed drinks...sad to say I always watch what is being used when I'm at the bar...harder to do when seated in a restaurant.  Oh well.

• 4 months later...
On 12/6/2023 at 1:07 PM, Bejay219 said:

On the Ascent, not sure about the Martini Bar, but World Class prices have gone up. Several that were on the Premium Pkg. are now 2 to 5 dollars more. 

I just got off the Ascent on Saturday following a 13 night TA. Passed by the WCB many times; very few people sitting there.  I also took the World wine tasting held in Eden. Not at all impressed as it was very crowded and it was near the bar area. Terrible wines IMO and over 200 guests in attendance, figure they netted close to 10K on that.