Current Prices of Wine by the Glass

barbels

A cruiser who is currently on the Silhouette posted the disturbing news that X has raised the price of many glasses of wine above the Premium price limit.    The wine lists on the app for my January cruise show the prices I was expecting when I upgraded to the Premium package.

I am hoping that someone who is currently on an X ship can post the current wine lists from the app.

33 minutes ago, barbels said:

A cruiser who is currently on the Silhouette posted the disturbing news that X has raised the price of many glasses of wine above the Premium price limit.    The wine lists on the app for my January cruise show the prices I was expecting when I upgraded to the Premium package.

I am hoping that someone who is currently on an X ship can post the current wine lists from the app.

I wouldn't count on the app to be accurate.  I've seen several posts on other sites indicating a change. To say I am unhappy about this is an understatement! First there is the once again promise one thing and deliver another.  Then there is charging $19 a glass  (above premium package) for the couple of wines I always enjoy on the ship, for which price at home I can purchase an entire bottle. 

One of our favorite times on the ship is relaxing with our favorite wine and a nice dinner.  Honestly,  if this is how it's going to be I am done with Celebrity after 30+ years and over 70 cruises. Some other changes have annoyed me but I was willing to compromise.  This is not one of those, if truly rolling out fleetwide.

• Like 9

Verified that on multiple ships wine by the glass prices are up. Some wines are surcharges now that were included in Premium package. 

I was surprised that there had not been a thread before this. 

Thought this would have happened in a month in the new year. Concerned to see what changes are brought in January.

8 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

We have to remember half the battle is them having the wines in stock

Exactly.  Just off the Beyond a couple of weeks ago.  I lost track of how many times I asked at OVC or elsewhere during the day for a premium Chardonnay but all they had was the Seeker.  I switch to red for dinner and didn’t have these issues in the MDRs.  

34 minutes ago, TrueCruiseaholic said:

Verified that on multiple ships wine by the glass prices are up. Some wines are surcharges now that were included in Premium package. 

I was surprised that there had not been a thread before this. 

Thought this would have happened in a month in the new year. Concerned to see what changes are brought in January.

There was a thread about this.

I am not seeing the higher elevated wines though...

It just looks like they pushed some premium wines higher.

Edited by NMTraveller

We not only found that several wines had increased from $17 to $19 or more, but the same wine was priced differently in more than one venue.  For example, we paid $17 for an Opulence Cab in Craft Social but $19 for the same cab in Fine Cut.  For a decent glass of wine, we splurged on the Caymus at $35 a glass minus $17 for the premium package...so $18 net.  This was cheaper than buying the bottle outright.  But, yes, the wine prices are up! 

2 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

We not only found that several wines had increased from $17 to $19 or more, but the same wine was priced differently in more than one venue.  For example, we paid $17 for an Opulence Cab in Craft Social but $19 for the same cab in Fine Cut.  For a decent glass of wine, we splurged on the Caymus at $35 a glass minus $17 for the premium package...so $18 net.  This was cheaper than buying the bottle outright.  But, yes, the wine prices are up! 

What was the price of Caymus before?

2 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

What was the price of Caymus before?

It was the first time I had seen caymus by the glass.  But the bottle was $175.  We opted to go by the glass and each had three good pours (don't judge 😂) over the course of our meal.  So the bill was around $110.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

It was the first time I had seen caymus by the glass.  But the bottle was $175.  We opted to go by the glass and each had three good pours (don't judge 😂) over the course of our meal.  So the bill was around $110.

No judgement.  We will try a couple ourselves...

• Like 1

We were on the Reflection in October.  I was told Opulence was $20 a glass. The wine list on the App for Luminae said $17. I was never able to obtain any price list let alone these apparently new wine by the glass price lists shown above. After that first conversation, Opulence was poured freely with no up charge. Looks like those days may be gone. 

1 hour ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Nice to know that I won’t have to survive on wine from Lodi the whole cruise.  Now some of it’s ok but not every day please!

• Like 1

Someone help me here. And I’m reading this on my iPhone. 

I see several wines on the “Elevated” list that were only available by the bottle 2 weeks ago on Equinox. For instance the Penner-Ash Pinot Noir. Which ones were in the premium package before and aren’t now? The Oppulence Chardonnay?  For the reds I’m seeing new offerings at a higher price point, not increases in previously offered wines by the glass. But that’s a quick glance and I may be missing some. 

I am not seeing the Penner-Ash Pinot Noir on my menus.  I do see a bunch of Grgich Hills, and a Freemark Abbey.  They do list them as Elevated now.  It does looked like they grouped them together.  I am not seeing any additional Elevated myself.

I find this interesting...  Some of the Premium wines were bumped up in price but not to the elevated level.  That may make it worth it for some to upgrade instead of paying the difference by the glass.

Do they now have a third tier Elevated package?  How much does it run?

I like the menu that @cruisestitch posted.  I am not seeing that on my app.

Edited by NMTraveller

42 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

I find this interesting...  Some of the Premium wines were bumped up in price but not to the elevated level.  That may make it worth it for some to upgrade instead of paying the difference by the glass.

Do they now have a third tier Elevated package?  How much does it run?

I like the menu that @cruisestitch posted.  I am not seeing that on my app.

That was my quick read as well. And new wines in the elevated group not previously available by the glass. The Grgich chard is the only wine I see that moved up.

It will be interesting to see if they add an Elevated package. Not sure it makes sense for either the buyer or seller…