Current Prices of Wine by the Glass

barbels

25 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

The price just changed.  You got in under the old pricing.

That is REALLY irritating. You buy the premium drinks thinking you’re covered, then they nickel and dime you. I hope they don’t do this with martini and WCB cocktails.

• Like 1

Just reinforces my decision to go a la carte. I can decide what to drink and when and not worry about the math I did when I booked the package. And I'd much rather buy bottles for dinner anyway, will use the 20% Elite discount, there still seem to be some decent values of higher-end wines on the menu (yes, i get that the app prices may not be current, see my second sentence). Also, I can make sure the wine is at the proper temperature before drinking, reds are always served way too warm.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, natshala said:

Interesting. I just disembarked Beyond 12/1 and was not charged extra (we had premium pkg). We drank many glasses of Decoy.

It’s still $14 in the app (Equinox current sailing) and not listed in the paper menus posted in this thread. 

16 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

It was the first time I had seen caymus by the glass.  But the bottle was $175.  We opted to go by the glass and each had three good pours (don't judge 😂) over the course of our meal.  So the bill was around $110.

Princess had Caymus at $28 per glass this year. Their premier package covered up to $20. Net $8 ($9.60 with grat). I have no problem polishing off 5-6 glasses between 5 pm and midnight. Had enough OBC they still mailed me back a check for over $300.

I am assuming with the wines on the premium package being raised to $17 the premium limit is being raised to match that? Guess I find out in a few weeks.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, natshala said:

Interesting. I just disembarked Beyond 12/1 and was not charged extra (we had premium pkg). We drank many glasses of Decoy.

How was that Decoy?  Because I just tried a Decoy Pinot Noir which was really sub par.  Over on Reddit they say I should try Decoy anything else and/or Duckhorn.

3 hours ago, natshala said:

That is REALLY irritating. You buy the premium drinks thinking you’re covered, then they nickel and dime you. I hope they don’t do this with martini and WCB cocktails.

Not to pour salt in the wound, but I wish it were nickels and dimes rather than $3s and $5s. (gallows humour)

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, natshala said:

On the Ascent, not sure about the Martini Bar, but World Class prices have gone up. Several that were on the Premium Pkg. are now 2 to 5 dollars more. 

2 hours ago, RedIguana said:

Princess had Caymus at $28 per glass this year. Their premier package covered up to $20. Net $8 ($9.60 with grat). I have no problem polishing off 5-6 glasses between 5 pm and midnight. Had enough OBC they still mailed me back a check for over $300.

I am assuming with the wines on the premium package being raised to $17 the premium limit is being raised to match that? Guess I find out in a few weeks.

No you assume incorrectly.  The premium price limit is still $17

12 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

No you assume incorrectly.  The premium price limit is still $17

If it is up to $17 all is good.  I thought it was at $15 a year ago. Granted I am going from memory and it may have been $17 last year but the Decoy cab was only $15.

19 minutes ago, FolsomMike said:

Considering that the $12/glass Riesling retails for less than $10/bottle, those prices are pretty outrageous.  

I don't understand comparing the cost of a wine at your local store to the price on a ship...that's just me.

Walk into a local nicer restaurant and price some wines buy the glass.  🙂

Edited by PTC DAWG
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, FolsomMike said:

Considering that the $12/glass Riesling retails for less than $10/bottle, those prices are pretty outrageous.  

that is pretty much standard pricing for wine at any restaurant. The per glass pricing is generally the same retail cost for the bottle 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

I don't understand comparing the cost of a wine at your local store to the price on a ship...that's just me.

And that’s exactly what I do…….

39 minutes ago, zitsky said:

We must eat at different restaurants then.

You must. Most of your $10 a glass wines retail for $10 a bottle. Not usually true for higher priced wines  $100/bottle will probably be $30-35 a glass. 

5 hours ago, zitsky said:

How was that Decoy?  Because I just tried a Decoy Pinot Noir which was really sub par.  Over on Reddit they say I should try Decoy anything else and/or Duckhorn.

Just off the Silhouette last Thursday. Was gifted a bottle of Decoy cab which I took to the MDR.  It was excellent.

• Like 1

So there are no longer any "premium wines" in the premium package.  The Elegance Cab which I drank last January for $11 is now priced at $19.  The other wines I was looking forward to trying at no extra cost are now all above the premium package.  Celebrity is making a mistake for the sake of 2 to 5 bucks a glass.  I will pay this on my two booked cruises but they are likely to be the last cruises I book with them.  Their bookings are strong now but how long will they stay strong when passengers find out that they don't get the experience they paid for?

I really like seeing the Penner Ash in the Elevated area.  I would easily pay the 21 a glass for that, if I read that right.  I have premium for my TA in April and would do that all day for that wine.  Paying 4.80 extra a glass would be an ideal, The Kendall Jackson Pinot is okay but the Penner Ash is another level

• Like 1

6 hours ago, zitsky said:

Yes completely trust any Social Media type of site as they are always the best words of advice

5 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

I priced Decoy by the glass at Gibsons in downtown Chicago.  An expensive restaurant in an expensive city. $15 a glass. Now on Celebrity $19 a glass.  Prices are going up everywhere but Celebrity is out of control with this! When I can buy a bottle of wine for less than $20 it is ridiculous that it would be $19 per glass on Celebrity,  and now over the Premium package limit. And it's a good, but certainly not superior or special wine.  I am not a wine fanatic by any means but if buying or using the Premium package means I am stuck with low quality and low priced (on land) wines this may very well be the last straw for me.

• Like 2