Current Prices of Wine by the Glass

barbels

3 hours ago, Josie201 said:

As mentioned, many of us have mentioned Decoy as a "standard" we enjoyed on the premium package.  I for one will not pay the $2 upcharge, just based on principle.  I wonder if many others did the same and sales of Decoy tanked, would they notice and wonder why?  I certainly will mention it to a beverage manager when I see one on Silhouette in February.  Same goes for the Elegance Cabernet.  As stated, for a "modern luxury" line to charge an additional $2 for a glass of wine to those with a beverage package is tacky.  Just add a third package, call it elevated, and let the customer decide which package they are willing to pay for. 

One thread was talking about 3 place holder beverage packages on out year cruises.  I’m sure we will hear, “You asked, and we listened to so many of our loyal cruisers!  You love our “elevated” wines, but don’t like signing the tab.  We have created a new “Elevated” package just for you!”

We will all potentially have the option of paying even more for a 3rd tier.  Unfortunately, the only thing that will be elevated is the price.  I suppose X will throw in Woodford, Gray Goose, Baileys, Patron, and the other favorites to grab a few more takers.

We were at Costco yesterday and did some price comparisons.  Pictured is the Decoy Pinot, they didn’t have the Cab.

IMG_4428.jpeg

IMG_4427.jpeg

IMG_4425.jpeg

IMG_4422.jpeg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 81Zoomie said:

One thread was talking about 3 place holder beverage packages on out year cruises.  I’m sure we will hear, “You asked, and we listened to so many of our loyal cruisers!  You love our “elevated” wines, but don’t like signing the tab.  We have created a new “Elevated” package just for you!”

We will all potentially have the option of paying even more for a 3rd tier.  Unfortunately, the only thing that will be elevated is the price.  I suppose X will throw in Woodford, Gray Goose, Baileys, Patron, and the other favorites to grab a few more takers.

We were at Costco yesterday and did some price comparisons.  Pictured is the Decoy Pinot, they didn’t have the Cab.

IMG_4428.jpeg

IMG_4427.jpeg

IMG_4425.jpeg

IMG_4422.jpeg

Not a fan of Decoy Pinot. Our Caymus in Canada sells for $110 so in comparison a pretty good price as taxes already included.  

2 hours ago, 81Zoomie said:

IMG_4428.jpeg

Decoy Pinot Noir?  I tried it recently.  No thank you.  Not even for that price.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

I just bought La Crema pinot from Russian River. Delicious but not cheap.

I know you get taken to the cleaners on wine in Canada, but it's about $36 at Total Wine in Virginia (2021 vintage). That's pretty good pricing for a Russian River Pinot Noir.

6 minutes ago, 39august said:

I can't believe that Elegance is higher than Premium package. That is insane! What the heck cab is left to drink on the Premium package?   

Looking at the app, apparently Chateau Souverain and Exelsior from South Africa. 

38 minutes ago, 39august said:

I can't believe that Elegance is higher than Premium package. That is insane! What the heck cab is left to drink on the Premium package?   

The Elegance pinot and cab were both on the premium package in 2022 which is the last time I took the AI. 

48 minutes ago, markeb said:

I know you get taken to the cleaners on wine in Canada, but it's about $36 at Total Wine in Virginia (2021 vintage). That's pretty good pricing for a Russian River Pinot Noir.

Its $54.95 (2021)  CAD at our Liquor control board in Ontario but I do like it and haven't seen it since 2018 so bought 2 bottles.  Another pinot I like is Belle Glos and was lucky enough to find some delisted so I bought them all.  Also from Russian River valley. 

In North Carolina only hard liquor is controlled.  So wine prices are good.  Still I try to buy wine from everywhere.  NC, NM, CA, OR, WA etc.

I’ve enjoyed wine from Pennsylvania my home state and Virginia which was quite good.  I lived in Oregon for a while.  Lot of wine there but you have to separate the wheat from the chaff.  I can recommend Hillcrest in Roseburg.

2 hours ago, drakes2 said:

The Elegance pinot and cab were both on the premium package in 2022 which is the last time I took the AI. 

Elegance wines were on the premium package on Solstice in November - but that was before the new pricing was introduced.

1 hour ago, maggie.1008 said:

So classic is now $13 a glass and premium is up to $20 a glass ? I can’t keep up with the changes.😟

I may be wrong, but all I can find on the website is $10 for Classic and $17 for Premium.

There has been quite a bit of discussion on the subject recently, as it seems several popular wines have been pushed above the Classic and Premium caps, thus attracting an extra charge plus gratuity.

23 hours ago, zitsky said:

In North Carolina only hard liquor is controlled.  So wine prices are good.  Still I try to buy wine from everywhere.  NC, NM, CA, OR, WA etc.

I’ve enjoyed wine from Pennsylvania my home state and Virginia which was quite good.  I lived in Oregon for a while.  Lot of wine there but you have to separate the wheat from the chaff.  I can recommend Hillcrest in Roseburg.

Rex Hill in Newburg,OR is also a keeper/lived 3 miles from that winery while in Oregon. I quit drinking booze though so its all a memory now!

On 12/13/2023 at 1:13 PM, 81Zoomie said:

IMG_4428.jpeg

IMG_4427.jpeg

IMG_4425.jpeg

IMG_4422.jpeg

We get Decoy Cab here for $14.21 when we buy 6 bottles.  Less than the price of 1 glass.  If I can get it for $14.21 you can bet Celebrity is paying much less.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, jelayne said:

We get Decoy Cab here for $14.21 when we buy 6 bottles.  Less than the price of 1 glass.  If I can get it for $14.21 you can bet Celebrity is paying much less.

They purchase in volume for all their fleet so guessing a few bucks a bottle most. 

12 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

I remember reading about how some purchase the premium package so that they don't have to fill out the tickets.

And now we are back to filling out the tickets either way...

Who in their right mind would buy a drink package just because they don't have to sign a piece of paper! Mind blowing.

On 12/16/2023 at 12:03 PM, NMTraveller said:

The good ole days ...

image.thumb.png.db826d5206204ed4ac2b6a57cd6e9572.png

Over the past 5-7 years wine in general has gone up in price at multiples of the rate of overall inflation.  I've been a wine drinker for almost 35 years and prices now are absolutely insane (and wine isn't the only thing).  I just stopped buying, throttling back my consumption and living off of what I've already stocked away.  I cannot in good conscience pay today's prices.  When I eat out, if I cannot BYO I just drink liquor.  Same on X--if I cannot find a wine I like at my price point I just switch to a better priced booze (and also BYO, which has worked out very well).  Life is too short to drink bad (or even average) wine. 

47 minutes ago, Whinenowine said:

Over the past 5-7 years wine in general has gone up in price at multiples of the rate of overall inflation.  I've been a wine drinker for almost 35 years and prices now are absolutely insane (and wine isn't the only thing).  I just stopped buying, throttling back my consumption and living off of what I've already stocked away.  I cannot in good conscience pay today's prices.  When I eat out, if I cannot BYO I just drink liquor.  Same on X--if I cannot find a wine I like at my price point I just switch to a better priced booze (and also BYO, which has worked out very well).  Life is too short to drink bad (or even average) wine. 

Well this was a 2017 wine list.  If you looked closely you will notice that the prices have more than doubled.  I doubt that wine prices in general have doubled in the same time frame.

Now drinking a liquor drink is a good option.  But you have to watch what they are pouring in the drink to make sure that it is not bottom shelf.  With wine you know what you are getting.