Using OBC for both passengers

mel8kri

The program for payment excursions is passenger specific. The only way I know, I'm not sure it still works or if the person you speak with will understand, is to call Princess to book the excursion. Princess used to have a method to cross over the OBC. Good luck. You can not do this on line.

My wife and I have both of our charges applied to the same credit card.  While Princess does maintain individual statements for each of us, all charges are combined and charged together.

2 hours ago, mel8kri said:

All of our OBC is in my name and when I try make excursion reservations it wants the credit card for my wife’s excursion. How can I fix this?

That doesn't seem right.  For me, the only time that it wants a credit card is when I have used all of my OBC and there is a "payment" shortage.

29 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

That doesn't seem right.  For me, the only time that it wants a credit card is when I have used all of my OBC and there is a "payment" shortage.

In our experience for pre-cruise excursion reservations it only uses the OBC listed for the individual on the reservation. The rest requires payment. Once onboard, you can link the accounts and then excursion reservations will come out of the combined account. But you run a big big risk on availability if you wait.

• Like 3

You have to call Princess (and hit the button for excursion purchase).  Ask them to use your OBC to purchase two tickets for the excursions you would like.  I and others have done this multiple times.   

Alternately, if you have a CVP, maybe he or she could do it for you if you ask them.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mud_Shark said:

You have to call Princess (and hit the button for excursion purchase).  Ask them to use your OBC to purchase two tickets for the excursions you would like.  I and others have done this multiple times.   

Alternately, if you have a CVP, maybe he or she could do it for you if you ask them.

It's unlikely that your CVP can apply your OBC to your spouse's excursion online. I know that your travel agent cannot. Perhaps, a call to Princess will be successful.

1 hour ago, startedwithamouse said:

Make the reservation for you, then change it to her name when your board. 

I don't really understand this.  How would you reserve two tickets for yourself (assuming you and your spouse are doing the same activity together)?  The system doesn't let you do this as far as I know.

Just now, Mud_Shark said:

I don't really understand this.  How would you reserve two tickets for yourself (assuming you and your spouse are doing the same activity together)?  The system doesn't let you do this as far as I know.

The poster indicated it was his wife's excursion, not their excursion. 

You can try and call Princess, but be prepared to be denied. For a cruise last summer, I called twice, got 2 different people, both of them refused. I did send my CVP an email, but she didn't respond. I gave up and just paid the amount not covered by DH's OBC. Oddly enough, when I got on the ship, there was a Refundable OBC for that amount. All I can guess is the CVP made that happen even though she never contacted me.

Good luck.

3 minutes ago, beach_fever_4ever said:

If I have more OBC (military, stock, FCC and promotional credit) than my wife and she uses all of her OBC will her additional charges come off my OBC at the end of the cruise ? I am referring to on board spending, not pre-cruise tour reservations.

As long as she is listed as on the same combined onboard account. They track each persons spending as you go and then show the combined total credit or debt. Check your account onboard either electronically or print a paper copy at the kiosk near guest services to be sure.

We just did this and my husband had lots more OBC than I did. I talked to our PVP to get help with it because I thought maybe we could use his OBC for both tickets on the excursion that I was booking. The PVP is very, very good, but she told us that we couldn't do this due Princess policy (though she thought it wasn't made clear enough to guests).  In our case, OBC was used for all of my husband's charge for the excursion (and he had quite a bit left over); I only had enough to pay part of my ticket, so it used all my OBC, then I had to use a credit card to pay for the rest.