Jade on Liberty & Free Sushi

I read that Liberty of the Seas offers free nightly sushi in the "Jade" section of the Windjammer because there is no Izumi onboard. I read elsewhere that they do longer offer this.

To anyone who has been on Liberty over the last year, is there nightly sushi at Jade / Windjammer, and what is typically offered? Even better if you have pictures 😀 Thanks.

It’s probably been six years since they had that. 
At times, I’ve seen a little cart on the promenade selling sushi. 
Otherwise, about the only thing close to sushi I’ve seen on Liberty is the undercooked fish and chips in the MDR….

Edited by HicksRA
  • Haha 2

I think they had it on 2 of 3 trips we took on Liberty in 2021 and 2022. My teen son is a sushi-holic. While it is not the huge spread they had pre-Covid, they did have it one night each cruise (I think it was the second formal night). It will likely be where/near where they usually have the salads. They usually have 3 different sushi-rolls but I think only 1 actually had fish in it (the other two were variations of California rolls). It is pretty crappy sushi but still tastes OK with enough fake wasabi.  When you get on the ship, you can ask the Windjammer head chef if they will have it. The one time they did not have it was because of "supply chain issues" and something they needed not showing up. Back in about 2017, there was a period of about a year when they stopped serving it  (my son was devistated) but they had it back the following year (I think we did something like 9 cruises on Liberty when it was out of Galveston).   

• Like 2

They certainly had something similar to sushi at the Jade area just before the actual WJ starts I noticed this past October on Liberty....and we ate in the WJ every night. 

Disclaimer....I hate sushi and passed by any/all of this...quickly so I'm not an expert.

• Like 1

On 12/12/2023 at 1:39 AM, Ashland said:

They certainly had something similar to sushi at the Jade area just before the actual WJ starts I noticed this past October on Liberty....and we ate in the WJ every night. 

Disclaimer....I hate sushi and passed by any/all of this...quickly so I'm not an expert.

OK, great to know! I will look out for it, then.

On 12/10/2023 at 4:14 PM, PhillyFan33579 said:

I was on Liberty last week and don’t recall seeing any sushi the two nights we ate in there. Having said that, I wasn’t looking for sushi so it’s possible I missed it. 

I've done liberty 4 to 6 times lost count. Never saw free sushi.