Why is the stock dropping?

weregoingcruising

There was some profit taking from a fund this a.m.  But....

NCL stock is up over 6% today.

RCCL is up about 2%

Carnival is up a little less than 5%

Not sure where you're information is coming from, OP!.

Edited by graphicguy

1 hour ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Nice!  I bought my 100 shares at about $16, so I've made $400 in addition to the $500 in OBC I've used so far.  😎

We bought 200 shares at about $13 and have gotten back/will get back $550 in OBC through 2024 so I am happy too.   With the 200 shares in both my husband's and mine name and both of us being platinum, we switched up our cabins for our June 2024 family trip putting myself in one cabin and my husband in another so both cabins will receive $100 OBC and the platinum benefits.  We will go to guest services the first day and get our key cards corrected.   

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, vacation44 said:

We bought 200 shares at about $13 and have gotten back/will get back $550 in OBC through 2024 so I am happy too.   With the 200 shares in both my husband's and mine name and both of us being platinum, we switched up our cabins for our June 2024 family trip putting myself in one cabin and my husband in another so both cabins will receive $100 OBC and the platinum benefits.  We will go to guest services the first day and get our key cards corrected.   

We travel with young adult daughters so always have two cabins- soooo wish we’d done 200 shares of each line.  Crafty use to maximize your investment!!   RCCL is the big winner,  but nice returns on each!  

After I scheduled my Joy TA for February I bought 100 shares at $13.03.  Had the OBC applied yesterday.  Very happy with the increase. We don't sail with them too often so after February I may sell if it's still up.  Use the proceeds for another cruise.

16 minutes ago, BDL said:

After I scheduled my Joy TA for February I bought 100 shares at $13.03.  Had the OBC applied yesterday.  Very happy with the increase. We don't sail with them too often so after February I may sell if it's still up.  Use the proceeds for another cruise.

You can sell the shares now if you wish.   There is not a requirement that the shares need to be held until after your cruise.

1 minute ago, vacation44 said:

You can sell the shares now if you wish.   There is not a requirement that the shares need to be held until after your cruise.

OH!  I didn't know that.  Thank you!

38 minutes ago, PartyPlannerLady said:

NCLH is up $1.12 (5.85%) today alone.  What are you smoking?

Exactly...I was just going to post that it's up big time since I bought a couple weeks ago at $12.90.

Only wish I had bought 1,000 shares instead of 100. Story of my life...

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, fstuff1 said:

yeah, why did it jump thse past 2 days  like Elon Musk said he going to buy it?

It's because of two things:

a) buyers were willing to pay more (the bid)

b) sellers weren't willing to sell any cheaper (the ask)

Just like every other individual stock.  Sure, the media always likes to make up stuff to explain it, but it really doesn't work that way.

49 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

It's because of two things:

a) buyers were willing to pay more (the bid)

b) sellers weren't willing to sell any cheaper (the ask)

Just like every other individual stock.  Sure, the media always likes to make up stuff to explain it, but it really doesn't work that way.

Simplistic analysis.

There's generally a driving force:

Earnings reports/forecasts; reports concerning the industry (cruising or travel in this case); possibly overall trends in the stock market; economic forecasts (predictions about consumer spending will affect stocks, such as in the leisure travel industry.

whenever I see the stock going up, i always assume that investors have discovered that NCL has removed veuve from the plus beverage package,  the smoked salmon from the breakfast buffet and hash browns from the entire fleet.

whenever I see the stock going down, I know its because investors have realized that certain passengers are bringing their own wifi routers onboard and that some passengers are requesting thirteen shrimp in their haven shrimp cocktail.

• Haha 6

it's probably dropping, because it hit over $20 per share, and people are taking their profits.

i was fortunate enough to buy 100 shares at $7.00 right after all cruise lines stopped sailing. i intend to hold on to it forever.

and schmoopie, did you have over $12,000 to buy 1000 shares?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, fstuff1 said:

yeah, why did it jump thse past 2 days  like Elon Musk said he going to buy it?

The market overall went higher after the Fed didn’t raise interest rates and plan on lowering next year.  I can’t find anything released by NCL that would have increased it more than the market.

1 hour ago, cruiser2015 said:

There's generally a driving force:

Earnings reports/forecasts; reports concerning the industry (cruising or travel in this case); possibly overall trends in the stock market; economic forecasts (predictions about consumer spending will affect stocks, such as in the leisure travel industry.

Very true, but only to the extent that those factors (and many, many others) make the buyer willing to pay more.

Simplistic?  Yes.  Accurate?  YES

NCLH pricing is more complicated than many, because we have to factor in the buyers who will buy 100 shares at any ask price because they just discovered the Shareholder OBC benefit.  That likely accounts for most of the increases.

(yes, that was a joke)

14 minutes ago, Liljo22 said:

The market overall went higher after the Fed didn’t raise interest rates and plan on lowering next year.  I can’t find anything released by NCL that would have increased it more than the market.

You may be on to something.  The companies with heavy debt loads are likely most impacted by good/bad news on interest rates.  Of course, it could also be the hash browns and cutbacks in room cleaning.🤣 All, adjusted for the phase of the moon of course...

• Haha 2

58 minutes ago, UKstages said:

i always assume that investors have discovered that NCL has removed veuve from the plus beverage package,  the smoked salmon from the breakfast buffet and hash browns from the entire fleet.

Smoked salmon on toasted half bagel with cream cheese, tomato and chives available daily in the MDRs.