LIVE from the Viking Neptune World Cruise includes FTL and LA

BobCatter

2 hours ago, SantaFe1 said:

OK, I’ll bite.  Where are they going?

Apparently they have more than one WC?  A friend sent these to me these this morning. It appears ports haven’t been finalized on one of the ships so there are two possibilities. The best part is if those cruisers want, they get an extra 16 days onboard gratis!

IMG_1180.jpeg

IMG_1181.jpeg

IMG_1179.jpeg

Edited by Clay Clayton
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Jim Avery said:

ok Viking, time to come clean. Where are we going?

This can't be the easiest of dilemmas to resolve with so many other lines also scurrying to reroute to ports that are not nearly as well developed for handling cruise ships. But still. Hard to be with this much uncertainty.

Princess just announced their world cruise on Coral is rerouting via Africa with the usual stops. Their cruise transits in May I think? They are skipping many of the Australian, Asian, Nth African and Med ports. Viking must know by now as their WC come through this area earlier. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Jim Avery said:

If V doesn’t know then they are seriously remiss. Just tell us what the plan is so we can all get prepared.

Absolutely agree with you!  I've been in touch with folks on the HAL WC.  They have had their new schedule for a while now and are already talking about their excursion choices.

I do agree with @Hanoj post above; the cruise ship rerouting must be difficult for the individual lines.  But I don't know very much about that.  

It’s very complicated to make changes. For all the lines. Not any more complicated for Viking and all are competing for limited resources all at the same time. Viking had best already worked out a plan for both ships. Times awasting.

• Like 3

Here’s a quirky idea…. They do ship transfers for the river ships… what if they did something similar… got you as close to where you were supposed to be then sent you off by air to some land stops while the ship and crew transited to the next safe area… 

• Like 1

Hello Sky, according to Cruise Mapper if I am reading this right we are some 50 to 60 miles away from each other at this point  from waving hello from each others starboard and port windows. Not sure if this is as close as we will get but, Hello from Neptune. Hoping your sailing is smooth. 

Cheers and Hello. 

Edited by Wavetripper

12 hours ago, Wavetripper said:

Hello Sky, according to Cruise Mapper if I am reading this right we are some 50 to 60 miles away from each other at this point  from waving hello from each others starboard and port windows. Not sure if this is as close as we will get but, Hello from Neptune. Hoping your sailing is smooth. 

Cheers and Hello. 

Howdy back-but we’re a lot closer than that!  Wanna swim over?😂

IMG_1254.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Clay Clayton said:

Where are y’all headed?  Am I remembering correctly yall get to dock in Melbourne tomorrow while we get the red-headed stepchild pier in Geelong?

Yeah but we have the early “face to face “ with customs. 

5 minutes ago, Jim Avery said:

Yeah but we have the early “face to face “ with customs. 

Hope yours goes as smoothly as ours.  Are yall headed to Hobart next?  If not, then seems like we will won’t be three days apart from here on?   How about posting a picture of your itinerary-I thought I had it but don’t. 

IMG_9334.jpeg

IMG_9335.jpeg

IMG_9336.jpeg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Wavetripper said:

Lowering the tender as we pass port side. First a wave from the Explorers Deck.

Do you see me? Ha

Here is looking back to you. 

DSC07024.JPG

Did you see me waving to you from outside deck 8 Explorer's Lounge?  Wish we could meet up.

• Like 2