LIVE from the Viking Neptune World Cruise includes FTL and LA

BobCatter

Fabulous photos, and loving following along.  I am finding it a bit difficult to figure out who is on each ship for the World Cruise as it appears to be one big World Cruise party albeit with a few differences in itinerary and dining.  Thanks so much for taking the time to post.

• Like 1

On 2/11/2024 at 8:19 PM, SantaFe1 said:

Tried that today.  Didn’t work.  Yes, having problems for several days.

Tried that, as well.  No joy.  Still problems with the other two threads I'm following, but I did get one new note when I logged in just now, @millybess's note to me that she was having the same problem.  But otherwise, still "broken", at least for me.

6 minutes ago, aungrl said:

Tried that, as well.  No joy.  Still problems with the other two threads I'm following, but I did get one new note when I logged in just now, @millybess's note to me that she was having the same problem.  But otherwise, still "broken", at least for me.

@aungrl Cruise Critic was down today at one point.  Later in the afternoon, when it was back online, I started getting notifications.  

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, SantaFe1 said:

I’m still not getting notifications.  CC keeps logging me out.  It is just sort of a mess right now.  We leave for Hawaiian Island Sojourn tomorrow, so will give it a couple of days to reset.  

Wishing you a wonderful cruise! 

13 minutes ago, FetaCheese said:

Wishing you a wonderful cruise! 

Oh, thank you.  I went back over your posts just today, and now I am really excited!   We are so looking forward to getting out of the snow and cold.  

• Like 2

It's been our experience of Viking that they do not divulge information until they are literally forced to do so. Possibly they regard it as taking care of all the decisions but they must start to appreciate that modern educated people require information in order to plan what they wish to do and not what Viking might think they want to do. They must know by now. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SantaFe1 said:

Oh, thank you.  I went back over your posts just today, and now I am really excited!   We are so looking forward to getting out of the snow and cold.  

@SantaFe1

I'll be following your roll call.  We'll be back on Star 18 March for a TA, FLL/BCN.

If you have time, and are so inclined, will you be able to post any observations?  I know it's your vacation, so no pressure here.  

Thanks,

Not sure yet if I'll do a Live From.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, FetaCheese said:

I'll be following your roll call.  We'll be back on Star 18 March for a TA, FLL/BCN.

We shall also join you on that sailing 

Looks like a full ship! 
Have been asking on another thread if House champagne is now included in SSBP

Will be our third Viking Ocean

Just returned from Explora1 which was fabulous 

See you soon

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, FetaCheese said:

@SantaFe1

If you have time, and are so inclined, will you be able to post any observations?  I know it's your vacation, so no pressure here.  

Thanks,

Not sure yet if I'll do a Live From.

We had a quick, uneventful flight, hired a car to take us to the Crowne Plaza in San Pedro to avoid the mess at LAX-IT, and have arrived.  We are going to grab some Thai food for dinner down the street, and then take the shuttle at 10:30 to the cruise terminal.  The hotel is full of red Viking tags!  Can’t wait to board.  Our roll call has not been active, so I think what I post I will post piggy-backing onto yours on the Hawaiian sojourn from December.  More to come…

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, SantaFe1 said:

We had a quick, uneventful flight, hired a car to take us to the Crowne Plaza in San Pedro to avoid the mess at LAX-IT, and have arrived.  We are going to grab some Thai food for dinner down the street, and then take the shuttle at 10:30 to the cruise terminal.  The hotel is full of red Viking tags!  Can’t wait to board.  Our roll call has not been active, so I think what I post I will post piggy-backing onto yours on the Hawaiian sojourn from December.  More to come…

Thanks, I will now open a window for the Live From Star 28 Dec 2023.  Eager to follow along!

It's on page 6

Edited by FetaCheese
Addl info
  • Like 1

On 2/11/2024 at 8:19 PM, SantaFe1 said:

Tried that today.  Didn’t work.  Yes, having problems for several days.

Still not getting any notifications, and when I click n the icon, each thread is still showing last Friday as the last time something was posted.  Any ideas as to what I might try next would be appreciated!

Must be issues with the site. There are numerous recently originated threads throughout the boards showing many replies but “0” views. Problems are likely related. 

• Like 1

Just for information, I was reading a news feed with a USA Today article about the Love Boat TV series.  In this article were quotes and references to our own Heidi 13, Judi and Andy.  Proud to know such celebrities .  😎

At Philip Island Australia today.  Tendered in to find out the power is out all over.  Managed to find a pub with a generator and get a good local pint.🍺  Hope the Penguin Parade comes off tonight.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Jim Avery said:

Just for information, I was reading a news feed with a USA Today article about the Love Boat TV series.  In this article were quotes and references to our own Heidi 13, Judi and Andy.  Proud to know such celebrities .  😎

At Philip Island Australia today.  Tendered in to find out the power is out all over.  Managed to find a pub with a generator and get a good local pint.🍺  Hope the Penguin Parade comes off tonight.

For any other "Heidis" who want to read the article ...

https://www.crossroadstoday.com/lifestyle/the-love-boat-how-a-tv-show-transformed-the-cruise-industry/article_85244ac4-5415-5d1c-9ad2-ac32915c0f8b.html

We bask in reflected glory 😎   🍺🥌

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jim Avery said:

Jim - I recall that one. Can't remember where she got our contact details, but out of the blue this reporter contacted us, as she heard we met on a cruise ship. Don't trust reporters, so no quotes from me, but Judi was happy to chat with her.

Never did see them filming aboard, as most of the onboard scenes were done on Pacific Princess. I only worked on Island and Sun.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Jim Avery said:

Damn, again Neptune gets all the good stuff.  We anchored at 5:30 pm so we didn’t get to go ashore unless you were going to the penguins.  Mike just said Neptune will probably “get to go through the Suez Canal” 😂

• Haha 6

32 minutes ago, Jim Avery said:

And yall are three days ahead of us.  If yall make it it will be ok for us.  Otherwise we will turn around...

Nope, we will be diverted and then the hooties will decide “love is all around” and yall will stick with the original itinerary and Sky will end up calling at Hood City (that’s the secondary port near Cape Town😂) and White House (the secondary port for Casablanca) 

• Haha 1