Joy February 2025?

JillK

Has anyone got any idea what is happening with the Joy in February 2025? 

I had booked a cruise with the kiddos for March Break 2025 on the Escape and about three weeks later got a cancellation notification.... so I turned around and booked the Joy for the same week - March 8, 2025 on the Joy. When I was looking at the NCL website just now,  I see that my week has disappeared from the site and it looks like it is also not bookable for February either. 

I know the ship is due to get a massive overhaul in 2024 so could it be taken out of service for a technical overhaul for 5 weeks in March 2025 or is NCL just messing with the deployment/schedule? 

3 hours ago, JillK said:

I know the ship is due to get a massive overhaul in 2024 so could it be taken out of service for a technical overhaul for 5 weeks in March 2025 or is NCL just messing with the deployment/schedule?

ALL of the work that the ship needs done (or that NCL has decided they want done, such as the changes to the Observation Lounge) should be complete during the drydock in 2 months, they are not going to take her out of service for more technical work a year later.  It certainly is interesting that there are no sailings on the site for February and the first half of March on the Joy, unless they're getting a long-term charter.

• Like 1

They fully committed and funded the OL destruction a year ago.  They've also sold most of the new cabins for the remainder of 2024.  Now they've heard so many complaints that they're planning to resurrect the OL in 2025 and restore it to its former glory.

Of course I just made that up.  Dare to dream?

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

They fully committed and funded the OL destruction a year ago.  They've also sold most of the new cabins for the remainder of 2024.  Now they've heard so many complaints that they're planning to resurrect the OL in 2025 and restore it to its former glory.

Of course I just made that up.  Dare to dream?

Hey, no problem... maybe not over the week I want to cruise though? 🙂

Well I'll keep you posted. Took about three weeks from when the Escape booking disappeared to official notification of cancellation from NCL but I can't believe we are unlucky enough to book two cruises for the same week and have them both be cancelled! Yikes.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JillK said:

Hey, no problem... maybe not over the week I want to cruise though? 🙂

Well I'll keep you posted. Took about three weeks from when the Escape booking disappeared to official notification of cancellation from NCL but I can't believe we are unlucky enough to book two cruises for the same week and have them both be cancelled! Yikes.

Are they giving you 10% FCC for each cancel?  If so, I wish I could be so lucky! 😎  I made out like a bandit after Covid fever when NCL caught cancellation fever.

3 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Are they giving you 10% FCC for each cancel?  If so, I wish I could be so lucky! 😎  I made out like a bandit after Covid fever when NCL caught cancellation fever.

They did give us 10% off after cancelling the Escape. I did appreciate the gesture, and the savings - especially since the Cdn dollar is performing so poorly it helped to equalize the price difference on the exchange. 

Honestly I'd rather keep this booking than have another cancellation even with another 10% off but I'll find out one way or another before the end of the year I suppose! 

3 hours ago, shof515 said:

“We are committed to providing exceptional vacation experiences, both aboard our ships and by taking our guests to some of the most sought-out destinations around the world. As a result of a full ship charter, Norwegian Joy’s sailing on February 6, 2025 has been cancelled,” the notification email read. “We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.”

Who writes this 💩? They are committed until somebody pulls out a bigger wallet?  That certainly doesn't sound like an "exceptional" experience.  🤣

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

“We are committed to providing exceptional vacation experiences, both aboard our ships and by taking our guests to some of the most sought-out destinations around the world. As a result of a full ship charter, Norwegian Joy’s sailing on February 6, 2025 has been cancelled,” the notification email read. “We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.”

Who writes this 💩? They are committed until somebody pulls out a bigger wallet?  That certainly doesn't sound like an "exceptional" experience.  🤣

You can always find a different way to spend your holiday dollars

1 minute ago, zqvol said:

You can always find a different way to spend your holiday dollars

No doubt.  Did I suggest otherwise?  I'm not on the impacted booking.  If I was, I would certainly welcome the 10% perk.  I was merely suggesting that their public release was really crappy 💩.  I could come up with something better!  How about some truth?

"We are committed to maximizing profit, and somebody with a deeper wallet has bought this sailing.  Since we don't want you all to go away mad, we'll share the bounty via a 10% FCC."

I would be cool with that! 😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

well, it could be argued that they are indeed committed to guest satisfaction and providing exceptional experiences... and that is why they are canceling the cruise. it would not be an exceptional experience for independent travelers to have most of the ship overrun with a private group, nor would it be a good experience for that group to have some independent stragglers snooping around their private parties and their exclusive entertainment or corporate meetings and presentations.

i wouldn't argue that myself, but some might.

frankly, i'm more taken aback by their spelling of "cancelled" with two Ls.

here in 'merica, we spell that dang word more commonly with just one L.

i would expect a flight on british airways to be "cancelled."

but a cruise from a company headquartered in miami?

that cruise should be "canceled."

(well, it shouldn't be canceled at all, they should honor their commitment to their guests, but if they're gonna cancel, they should do so with just one L.)

Edited by UKstages
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, UKstages said:

well, it could be argued that they are indeed committed to guest satisfaction and providing exceptional experiences... and that is why they are canceling the cruise. it would not be an exceptional experience for independent travelers to have most of the ship overrun with a private group, nor would it be a good experience for that group to have some independent stragglers snooping around their private parties and their exclusive entertainment or corporate meetings and presentations.

i wouldn't argue that myself, but some might.

frankly, i'm more taken aback by their spelling of "cancelled" with two Ls.

here in 'merica, we spell that dang word more commonly with just one L.

i would expect a flight on british airways to be "cancelled."

but a cruise from a company headquartered in miami?

that cruise should be "canceled."

(well, it shouldn't be canceled at all, they should honor their commitment to their guests, but if they're gonna cancel, they should do so with just one L.)

Perhaps the memo was written by one of those immigrants from across the pond...or down under..

16 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Oh boy - I will brace myself for something similar then.

I was on the Oasis when it was half full with a group - a weird experience so as I would agree with UKStages, we will be better off should this be the case for our sailing a month later. Still not bookable on NCL so assume it's heading that way! Just starting to run out of options with NCL... really down to Epic or Encore and we will have just done the Epic for the second time so it's Encore or bust!

Edited by JillK

My wife and I were scheduled to be on that February cruise.  The Haven was pretty cheap comparatively, so we were looking forward to that.  Worked with our PCC to schedule another cruise, but have to wait until the 25th for the 10% discount to work.  Oh well.

• 2 weeks later...

We received letter from NCL today advising that the 8th March sailing in 2025 has been cancelled as the ship has been chartered.

NCL offered 10% FCC for use before end of 2025 and full refund of any payment made.

54 minutes ago, CooksterUK said:

We received letter from NCL today advising that the 8th March sailing in 2025 has been cancelled as the ship has been chartered.

NCL offered 10% FCC for use before end of 2025 and full refund of any payment made.

We also got an email from NCL mid-day saying it was being cancelled due to a full ship charter. 

I knew this was coming as this is exactly the same thing that happened when our Escape sailing was also cancelled. I'm starting to think that we aren't meant to cruise in March 2025! 

Will have to either give up or go back to the drawing board!

• 2 months later...
Posted (edited)
On 12/18/2023 at 7:25 AM, JillK said:

Has anyone got any idea what is happening with the Joy in February 2025? 

I had booked a cruise with the kiddos for March Break 2025 on the Escape and about three weeks later got a cancellation notification.... so I turned around and booked the Joy for the same week - March 8, 2025 on the Joy. When I was looking at the NCL website just now,  I see that my week has disappeared from the site and it looks like it is also not bookable for February either. 

I know that we are supposed to be on a Charter 3/10-3/15 in 2025 on the Joy.  Not sure about February, but that could affect the one you mentioned on 3/8. Monsters of Rock Cruise 🙂

Edited by AuntieSasa

36 minutes ago, AuntieSasa said:

I know that we are supposed to be on a Charter 3/10-3/15 in 2025 on the Joy.  Not sure about February, but that could affect the one you mentioned on 3/8. Monsters of Rock Cruise 🙂

Yep - did eventually get an email that it had been chartered... after two cancellations for the same week, it felt as if they were still getting their itineraries in order and nothing else on offer was hitting the mark for us. 

We pivoted and have booked the Sun Princess.