Not eligible for bidding an upgrade

sns1

I tried to bid for a suite from a mini suite for the last few days.  It gives me a message that I'm not eligible.  I'm within the correct time frame.  My Princess CVP tried and got the same message.  He has no idea why.  Has anyone had this happen to them?  There are suites available.

18 minutes ago, sns1 said:

I'm within the time frame and cruise has been paid for in full.  I've been getting the message for 6 days now.  So frustrating.

Same here. Just checked again 79 days out and eligibility supposed to start at 85 days out. 

Edited by Musky Ike

Sometimes bidding doesn't open until much closer to the cruise. For my recent Royal Princess cruise on December 2 we were not eligible to bid for an upgrade after final payment which was on September 2 until we were notified by email on October 27 that bidding had opened. This was only 37 days before the cruise.

Edited by PurpleTraveller
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I found my old post about when I could bid: 

“Bidding should have opened 70 days before our 4-day cruise, but it didn't.  Just yesterday I finally received an email telling me that I could bid to upgrade (42 days beforethe cruise).  I bid yesterday and got my upgrade today!”

9 hours ago, sns1 said:

I tried to bid for a suite from a mini suite for the last few days.  It gives me a message that I'm not eligible.

Are you a GTY ? I am and haven't been assigned a cabin so I'm assuming that is why I can't bid .

I' getting the same message for March 5 cruise out of Singapore.   Its paid in full and within there stated time frame.      

I have a guaranted (OF) Ocean View, if that would make a difference.

I got on online chat with princess, explained everything.    Only answer I got was try again later.  They could not explain why I was getting the "not eligible" message. 

First time cruising with Princess, not a good start.

12 minutes ago, Bemidji Ty said:

I found this to be true when I booked through the big box store where you get $1.50 hot dogs and coke.  It was in the fine print that I didn't read.  Cheers 

That is a different issue because that BB store either is not allowed to participate by PCL or they do not allow their customers to participate.  Whichever, it's a reason not to use them.

• Like 1

I’m on a 32day cruise, our upgrade is 115 before cruise start we’re in 10 days, and no offers yet.  So their chart they use….IMG_6610.jpeg.ae48a40d211a7671a78baf939e79f1ea.jpeg

is flawed.  I guess they may send an offer when they feel they have reached a specific % of bookings.

23 hours ago, Bemidji Ty said:

I found this to be true when I booked through the big box store where you get $1.50 hot dogs and coke.  It was in the fine print that I didn't read.  Cheers 

Yes, I just realized this as well. Won't be booking through them anymore.

On 12/22/2023 at 8:23 AM, 509eagle said:

I' getting the same message for March 5 cruise out of Singapore.   Its paid in full and within there stated time frame.      

I have a guaranted (OF) Ocean View, if that would make a difference.

I got on online chat with princess, explained everything.    Only answer I got was try again later.  They could not explain why I was getting the "not eligible" message. 

First time cruising with Princess, not a good start.

Why isn't it a good start? You booked the cabin you wanted at the price you wanted. Now, you just want to upgrade for less... there may not be cabins available to bid on. Princess has to keep cabins for guarantee assignments and emergencies. There are never any guarantees with the bidding process. 

• Like 3