The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday, December 23rd, 2023

kazu

Right now, we're relaxing and watching Gold Rush.  I think we wore DSIL out today as he decided to retire to the motorhome early.  We had our big Christmas dinner tonight so we have time to eat as much ham as possible before DD and DSIL fly home Wednesday.  The messy baking was worth it as the pies were declared very good.

3 hours ago, richwmn said:

I found this out a little while ago

1968 Crew of USS Pueblo released by North Korea

55 years ago

Rich, thanks for the information on the release of the crew of the USS Pueblo.   Along with @USN59-79 Ray, we were on a cruise in 2018 with the Executive Officer of the Pueblo.  He gave a short talk one afternoon.  He was the last crew member to cross the bridge into the DMZ.  He said it was because in North Korea, the second in command is the party spy and representative, and they thought that was the same in the US.  We also toured the DMZ and saw the bridge the crew crossed.

3 hours ago, dfish said:

@StLouisCruisers Sandi, I hope this is the guy.  Catching him will help soften some of the pain of trauma.  It helps to know that the perpetrator is contained.

@Quartzsite Cruiser I think we should get together and bake sometime.  You are most welcome to come here.  My kitchen is used to it.  

@Cruising-along Carolyn, good to know that the carrots are in big chunks.  We could never have mushrooms in anything because my sister didn't like them.  Why she was catered to on the mushrooms and I was left to fend for myself on the carrots, I don't know.  Now, I also didn't like milk and would make a fuss about having to drink it, so we always got chocolate milk for dinner.  I offered to make it every night because Mom didn't put enough chocolate in it.

Debbie, either of my kitchens are used to messes, so we could also meet either place.  I guess we couldn't talk the baker on the ship to give us time in the bakery.  🤣

Lenda

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

@StLouisCruisersSandi, so glad your DGD wasn't injured and thankful that the jerk was caught. (Wanted to use another word for him but didn't want to be censored.) 

My sister does mini cross stitch stockings and decorates the fireplace. She had me take some of the patterns to the copy shop to have them enlarged so she could see the details.

• Like 8

Here are some pictures at the border between North and South Korea.  The Pueblo XO was Ed Murphy.  One of the pictures shows him and his wife and son, another the bridge from North to South, and another inside the building exactly on the border where representatives of the two countries can hold meetings.  The military person represented the United Nations.P1000929.thumb.JPG.93704ceb9412d1bfce9faed91b43bd5a.JPGP1000917.thumb.JPG.75dd2e0622fac78ddd45aeeec012569e.JPGP1000925.thumb.JPG.dda944e7e620935a4b8aae4048e5cd20.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 7

7 hours ago, USN59-79 said:

Here are some pictures at the border between North and South Korea.  The Pueblo XO was Ed Murphy.  One of the pictures shows him and his wife and son, another the bridge from North to South, and another inside the building exactly on the border where representatives of the two countries can hold meetings.  The military person represented the United Nations.P1000929.thumb.JPG.93704ceb9412d1bfce9faed91b43bd5a.JPGP1000917.thumb.JPG.75dd2e0622fac78ddd45aeeec012569e.JPGP1000925.thumb.JPG.dda944e7e620935a4b8aae4048e5cd20.JPG

Ray, thanks for sharing your pictures of Ed Murphy, his family, and the bridge.  I couldn't remember Ed's last name.  That was an interesting day in the DMZ and a great cruise.

Lenda

• Like 1