Text message: Stick to your scheduled check-in window for your Royal Caribbean cruise today!

chiguypaul

On 12/23/2023 at 9:10 AM, chiguypaul said:

I leave on the Odyssey today. I received a text message about making sure I come at my designated time. I don’t recall ever seeing a text message like that sent by Royal. Anyone else seen it?  Just curious. 

Yes. Go whenever you want.

• Like 2

We did 14 cruises with Royal after restart and never received this message.

We are always reserved for the first time slot, except for upcoming cruise as we were on the ship. Maybe it’s a reason? We will check.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tatka said:

We did 14 cruises with Royal after restart and never received this message.

We are always reserved for the first time slot, except for upcoming cruise as we were on the ship. Maybe it’s a reason? We will check.

No need to be scheduled for first time slot. Go when you want. 

2 hours ago, Morecruisesplz said:

No need to be scheduled for first time slot. Go when you want. 

I've been in several departure ports in the last year that have you queue up in the time slot that is on your set sail pass. They let you check in if every one in the current time slots and anyone in the time slots ahead of you have checked on. The cruise lines are also trying to stop the bottlenecks at the ports by spreading out the time people arrive. If you want an early slot, check in at midnight for the port from which you are departing 45 days before your departure date. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, MommaBear55 said:

I've been in several departure ports in the last year that have you queue up in the time slot that is on your set sail pass. They let you check in if every one in the current time slots and anyone in the time slots ahead of you have checked on. The cruise lines are also trying to stop the bottlenecks at the ports by spreading out the time people arrive. If you want an early slot, check in at midnight for the port from which you are departing 45 days before your departure date. 

Never has anyone asked scheduled time. 8 cruises this year. Departure ports from Barcelona to Boston to Florida. Go when you want.

• Like 2

Why not stick to your scheduled time?   It is common courtesy to avoid big crowds and waits.   I always check in right at midnight to get my chosen time.   Anyone can do that if the boarding time matters to them.  I cruise about half the time out of LA and they definitely check there.   It makes for such a smooth process.  You are on the ship within 20 minutes usually.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Morecruisesplz said:

Never has anyone asked scheduled time. 8 cruises this year. Departure ports from Barcelona to Boston to Florida. Go when you want.

Even if they do not check it there is a reason they let you pick a time and send emails to follow this rules. Do you follow other regulations like e.g. speed limits only if the police is present? And if you decide not to follow Royal's rules I would do it quietly and not encourage everyone to do the same.

• Like 3

On 12/23/2023 at 9:10 AM, chiguypaul said:

I leave on the Odyssey today. I received a text message about making sure I come at my designated time. I don’t recall ever seeing a text message like that sent by Royal. Anyone else seen it?  Just curious. 

it has become a bit of a joke.  Every port I go to early check in occurs.  Same thing with Carnival and Celebrity.  Folks have learned to just ignore but once in a while I guess the port might get strict on any given day but for the most part, doors are open and come on in.

1 hour ago, Saab4444 said:

Even if they do not check it there is a reason they let you pick a time and send emails to follow this rules. Do you follow other regulations like e.g. speed limits only if the police is present? And if you decide not to follow Royal's rules I would do it quietly and not encourage everyone to do the same.

That's you. But thanks!

• Like 1

When everyone will completely abandon this rule they will return to priority by level and I will stop waking up at 12:01 am to book the first time slot. 🙂 

I think embarkation is better now with time slots.

• Like 1

This is one area where I do like how Disney does it. Your boarding group is tied to your selected/assigned Port Arrival Time - so it doesn't matter if you arrive at 10:00 with a selected PAT of 12:30; your Boarding Group is tied to that 12:30 so you're just going to be sitting in the terminal even longer until that boarding group is called. So you know going in if you insist on getting there early, you're going to be sitting for a while.

• Haha 1