MSC Divina December 28 to January 7, 2024.  B2B in the YC

jean87510

We were able to use OBC for Butcher's cut last night and really went to town.  I really recommend this place.  Husband ordered the seafood platter for $45 for appetizer.  As I said, we had OBC to burn.  

20240106_192854.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jean87510 said:

Disembarking today

So after 11 days I am comparing my experience in YC to RCCL suites.  YC wins hands down.   

Sure appreciate your reviews, and glad to hear this one in particular.  As RCCL suite cruisers trying YC for the first time, we've been a bit apprehensive after reading some reviews.  Thanks again.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, bucfan2 said:

Sure appreciate your reviews, and glad to hear this one in particular.  As RCCL suite cruisers trying YC for the first time, we've been a bit apprehensive after reading some reviews.  Thanks again.

It wasn't like some reviews where it seems like the butler follow them around all day with toilet paper to wipe their bottoms.  But reflecting back, I think they read us correctly.  They knew what was important to us and that was no lines!!!  Another observation was they knew I snuck in every am to run before gym was open and I always got coffee afterwards.  They knew I liked the wasabi chips at 4pm and always had a bowl for me.  They knew my husband liked Coke Zero at meals.  After the initial hiccups, it really went smoothly.  1000x better than the RCCL suites where they seem to focus only on the Pinnacles in the SL.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, jean87510 said:

Disembarking today

Have a safe journey home and thanks for allowing us all to vicariously enjoy the cruise with you.

Just over 30 days until we will be boarding Divina, so your reviews have helped to remind us of what we will soon be enjoying again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jean87510 said:

It wasn't like some reviews where it seems like the butler follow them around all day with toilet paper to wipe their bottoms.  But reflecting back, I think they read us correctly.  

Although I am still a little apprehensive after reading your first Butler experience and how it improved when you went to Deck 16, I am encouraged by your overall positive experience on Divina.  

Thanks for taking us along on your journey and sharing your experiences with us. 

• Like 4

One last note.  We booked a 10am flight out of FLL to Wilmington DE via Avelo airlines.  This would never have been possible without pre-book uber, YC, self disembark asap, passport facial recognition at miami port, walking fast and GE/TSA precheck.  We were at the gate at 815 am and left ship at 710 am.  Of course I do not recommend this all the time but sometimes life is a gamble!!  I had fun sharing with everyone and thanks to all who have posted their experiences.  They were very helpful.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, jean87510 said:

One last note.  We booked a 10am flight out of FLL to Wilmington DE via Avelo airlines.  This would never have been possible without pre-book uber, YC, self disembark asap, passport facial recognition at miami port, walking fast and GE/TSA precheck.  We were at the gate at 815 am and left ship at 710 am.  Of course I do not recommend this all the time but sometimes life is a gamble!!  I had fun sharing with everyone and thanks to all who have posted their experiences.  They were very helpful.

Thanks for the review!

• Like 1

On 1/5/2024 at 10:32 AM, LorraineP said:

We will be in the YC in October my DH has mobility issues (trouble walking a distance) is there a special golf cart to take us to YC area on Ocean Cay or can anyone take it. 

The carts to YC area on OC are for all YC pax. They are driven by staff and its first come first served

Once at the YC area, there are lines of loungers, cabanas (must be reserved and $$$), and the restaurant. 

We just booked our 3rd MSC cruise in the YC. We've been on the Divina, our first, and the Seashore previously. We are Elite on Celebrity, and Diamond on Royal, but can't afford their price points anymore. Besides, the YC has them both beat.

On 1/5/2024 at 4:35 PM, jean87510 said:

Still at Ocean Cay

20240105_154328.jpg

20240105_092943_edit_1704489875510-1.jpg

If I may be politically incorrect in these times, as the brother of two very successful hair stylists, your hair is seriously gorgeous! Nicely done! 

• Like 1

March 31st until we sail on the wonderful Divina! Have only sailed MSC in the YC and not even NCL's Haven can compare for us, personally at 1/2 the price, literally. 

I so enjoyed your review and felt like I was on the cruise with you...thank you for posting!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, psmarkle said:

If I may be politically incorrect in these times, as the brother of two very successful hair stylists, your hair is seriously gorgeous! Nicely done! 

omg ty!  I sometimes think at age 59 I should cut it but I always chicken out.  It's so easy to throw in a pony tail or a braid.  I've always worn it long so I don't know any different.

Just read through your entire trip comments while on the treadmill (only use it at home, never on the ships though). At first, I felt really bad that I wasn't around on CC to offer suggestions as to how to handle some of the difficulties you had early in your holiday. But as I kept reading, I saw that things were improving for you. And then when you mentioned Pepe, Rudy and Simone by name, I thought "Aha!" she's gotten to know the people who can help. 🙂

I hope that in the end you feel that this is just the first of many YC cruises for you! Thanks for sharing your journey with us.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Best Cat Mom said:

Just read through your entire trip comments while on the treadmill (only use it at home, never on the ships though). At first, I felt really bad that I wasn't around on CC to offer suggestions as to how to handle some of the difficulties you had early in your holiday. But as I kept reading, I saw that things were improving for you. And then when you mentioned Pepe, Rudy and Simone by name, I thought "Aha!" she's gotten to know the people who can help. 🙂

I hope that in the end you feel that this is just the first of many YC cruises for you! Thanks for sharing your journey with us.

Yes it is definitely the 1st of many.  It did not start well but ended well.  I could have escalated to Pepe but I wanted to handle it myself and I was successful.  

I still don't know how my butler did it on the 2nd leg but he managed to securely wrap 7 bottles of alcohol that we put in our checked bag AND nothing broke!!  One may ask why we never drank it?  I kept getting drinks from TSL!  My youngest who was dog sitting with her BF and who is going with me in June on the Seashore YC was shocked at the booze and my report.  She kept saying, you can just get a drink wherever and you never have to wait in line anywhere OMG!  

I had so much fun at the end I actually was teary eyed when I left.  

• Like 3

And it'll only get better next time -- because you know what to expect and how to handle any blips. I can't wait to read about your next YC adventure! 🙂

Wait, do I see June 2024 in your signature? Only 5 months to go...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/7/2024 at 9:14 AM, jean87510 said:

It wasn't like some reviews where it seems like the butler follow them around all day with toilet paper to wipe their bottoms.  But reflecting back, I think they read us correctly.  They knew what was important to us and that was no lines!!!  Another observation was they knew I snuck in every am to run before gym was open and I always got coffee afterwards.  They knew I liked the wasabi chips at 4pm and always had a bowl for me.  They knew my husband liked Coke Zero at meals.  After the initial hiccups, it really went smoothly.  1000x better than the RCCL suites where they seem to focus only on the Pinnacles in the SL.

Well, just off the Yacht Club experience.  Thanks for putting us at ease going in...it was our first MSC experience.  We believe if the YC isn't good for a cruiser, cruising is definitely not for them.

Edited by bucfan2
  • Like 5

12 hours ago, bucfan2 said:

Well, just off the Yacht Club experience.  Thanks for putting us at ease going in...it was our first MSC experience.  We believe if the YC isn't good for a cruiser, cruising is definitely not for them.

Thank you! Glad to help.  We absolutely loved it.  My husband is a pretty simple guy who would be happy in insides all the time and the buffet every meal.  He was raving the whole time.  He enjoyed talking to the YC staff and kept saying how nice they are.  This went also for the Divina itself.  Whenever we talked to staff, they really were nice and not just for tips or a review.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

Thank you! Glad to help.  We absolutely loved it.  My husband is a pretty simple guy who would be happy in insides all the time and the buffet every meal.  He was raving the whole time.  He enjoyed talking to the YC staff and kept saying how nice they are.  This went also for the Divina itself.  Whenever we talked to staff, they really were nice and not just for tips or a review.  

Your husband sounds like the description my wife gave of me....in addition to 'kid at Disney' lol. Truly an unbelievable experience. 

So much for making Pinnacle in the relatively near future.....that whole apple cart has flipped after the YC. 

Edited by bucfan2
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2