New Princess App available

iamaqt2

What purpose does having past cruises show up on the App serve?  Is this the only way for IT to correct loyalty that is showing up as incorrect?  Seems like a waste of memory on the App servers.

44 minutes ago, pilot said:

Where in the new app can I add Shipmates?  Traveling with two other couples and want to add them so I can make dining reservations. 

@pilot

You can add them during the DMW set up.  I have reserve class dining so the steps may be a little different for you.  I went to “book dining”, then chose the little heart to view my current reservation, then chose a date and selected “add reservation”, chose a speciality restaurant then scrolled down to “guests” and clicked on that.  On the resulting page there is a little man icon with a + sign next to it in the upper right corner.  Select that then add your shipmates booking number.

I believe I’ve read if you just want to add them in the locate feature it needs to be done onboard (new app). 

I guess I’m one of the lucky ones “for now”. This may all change tomorrow. Lol.
The new App doesn’t show my past cruises, only shows the upcoming ones.  I don’t need to see past cruises. My loyalty is correct. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Mine was always correct (Elite) in the old App up through our voyages in Fall 2022.  Last year, it changed to Blue when the old App got a design make-over.  New App I am still Blue - even after deleting data and cache and re-logging in.  I am wondering (hopeful) it would self-correct if I made a booking.  That said, the App should pull member level from CC Member records (Profile) and not need to use a booking to get it.

Would be nice. 😊 But, in reality…it changes every time they an update.

Good part is, I already booked all my MedallionNet on future cruises!  🤣 So, good for now.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, SCX22 said:

What purpose does having past cruises show up on the App serve?  Is this the only way for IT to correct loyalty that is showing up as incorrect?  Seems like a waste of memory on the App servers.

In my case it only shows past Medallion  cruises which is less than half of my total cruises with Princess. Like you I'm not sure what purpose it serves. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SCX22 said:

I only see the past cruises after the medallions went into usage. So, that surely wouldn't correct my loyalty level

• Like 1

What would be a nice use of the apps memory would be to allow users to access port guides before embarking on the ship. Currently, if one selects Journey > Ship Schedule > Show Entire Ship Schedule and then a "Welcome to..." option, the medallion returns "Connect to MedallionNet on board to download port guides." I imagine most would like to do some planning prior to boarding the ship.

We are on the 14-day Athens to Rome route beginning 15 June. Fortunately I found all the very  old Princess guides online for all our port visits except for Corfu:

Athens ● Barcelona ● Florence ● Genoa ● Gibraltar ● Kotor ● Marseille ● Messina ● Naples ● Rome

NAVIG.GIF.711a166b563ebb4d0c67cda33b6c4f71.GIF

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, SCX22 said:

For some of us who need to track travels it is  a major step forward showing the complete itinerary.   Also seeing cabins we have been in previously takes the guess work out of future bookings.   Loyalty level in the app is nothing.   Ours have been wrong for a couple of years, correct for the launch of the new App and has now reverted to new guest.  The only thing to be concerned about is your Captain Circle account reflecting correct status.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, kiwimum said:

Loyalty level in the app is nothing

It is important if you order Wifi/internet and want your 50% discount ahead of time.  

Also, if you order your Medallion while the loyalty is incorrect, you may get the wrong color shipped.  Not a biggie, but annoying.

Another Update IOS….was

Yesterday 1.1.1….but my bookings just changed overnight.

Check your cruises….especially if you have b2b’s.

Split our b2b’s, instead

of combining them as one cruise on the App.  

Had to accept passage contract again.

Had to complete the checklist again for 2nd b2b, order Medallion again (even though you will use the same one from 1st cruise).

Deleted dining reservations and SD reservations (paid already). 

Still did not correct Loyalty status.

What a PITA.

Edited by PacnGoNow
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Another Update IOS….was

Split our b2b’s, instead

Had to complete the checklist again for 2nd b2b, order Medallion again (even though you will use the same one from 1st cruise).

What a PITA.

Update:  In order to

get the DMW back into the New App on the above update:

I completed the checkin items again.

Went to website, cruise personalizer, log in website version of the App OceanReady profile. Clicked on DMW, selected the same dining plan, selected the same SD that I had. 

It then showed on the DMW website version and now is reflected in the New App.

Unreal, just unreal. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Another Update IOS….was

Split our b2b’s, instead

What a PITA.

Read your comment and went to check how update impacted my bookings.  I had to do a manual search for the app to see that it had been updated as it was not listed as Pending.  I, too, am still showing as New to Princess.  I have two upcoming b2b's but they are still listed as one cruise and I don't seem to have the issues with needing to check in again or re-order Medallions.  

11 hours ago, Sea Hag said:

I only see the past cruises after the medallions went into usage. So, that surely wouldn't correct my loyalty level

🤣  In my case, past MedallionClass cruises showing in the app DO add up to Elite status but I am still tagged as New to Princess, so there goes that theory.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

I went back into the booking on the app and it NOW shows I am 7 out of 8 completed with the exclamation point next to exclamation point highlighting Order medallion.  When I click on that tab, it says, "Can't load content."  When I went to the Web Version of the app, same exclamation point with Order medallion, only this time it takes me to the completed Medallion Order form.

This is too much like pushing sand uphill.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, DHP1 said:

I guess I’m one of the lucky ones “for now”. This may all change tomorrow. Lol.
The new App doesn’t show my past cruises, only shows the upcoming ones.  I don’t need to see past cruises. My loyalty is correct. 

No way I’m going to download this new update (v1.1.1) Lol. As it stands now, the App works perfectly for me. 

11 minutes ago, kamelia said:

I went back into the booking on the app and it NOW shows I am 7 out of 8 completed with the exclamation point next to exclamation point highlighting Order medallion.  When I click on that tab, it says, "Can't load content."  When I went to the Web Version of the app, same exclamation point with Order medallion, only this time it takes me to the completed Medallion Order form.

I too show 7 out of 8 completed.  The only thing left to do is to add my cc information and if I do, it “may” show 8 out of 8. However, I order my medallion to be shipped to the Port. Currently, I’m blue and I wonder if that will change to green once I add my cc. Funny things do happen. 

Edited by DHP1

3 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

It is important if you order Wifi/internet and want your 50% discount ahead of time.  

Also, if you order your Medallion while the loyalty is incorrect, you may get the wrong color shipped.  Not a biggie, but annoying.

That will be annoying for us if we get the wrong colour.  I know you can always change it once onboard (Customer Services). 

27 minutes ago, DHP1 said:

I too show 7 out of 8 completed.  The only thing left to do is to add my cc information and if I do, it “may” show 8 out of 8. However, I order my medallion to be shipped to the Port. Currently, I’m blue and I wonder if that will change to green once I add my cc. Funny things do happen. 

Adding the CC will get you check in ready or ready to sail.

It won’t put you in the green lane.  You are still in the blue lane, because you are pick up at port.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, kamelia said:

It’s just annoying. 😳

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, DHP1 said:

I double-checked that thought.  My credit card has been included for Shipboard transactions, but not for Shoreside, and Payment Methods has a green checkmark.  I suppose the exclamation point for Order Medallion could be because I ordered it for port pick-up?

3 minutes ago, kamelia said:

I double-checked that thought.  My credit card has been included for Shipboard transactions, but not for Shoreside, and Payment Methods has a green checkmark.  I suppose the exclamation point for Order Medallion could be because I ordered it for port pick-up?

Funny things do happen. I have a green checkmark for picking the Medallion at Port.  Oh well.  Not to worry about it. It’s funny how everyones different in using this App. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kamelia said:

The exclamation is probably due to not putting in shoreside CC.

This is not a necessity. 7 out of 8.

If you ordered your Medallion and did everything else you have completed the checkin. You’ll see green checks. 

Medallion ordered to be shipped: Green lane.

Medallion ordered to pickup at port: Blue lane.

1 hour ago, kamelia said:

🤣  In my case, past MedallionClass cruises showing in the app DO add up to Elite status but I am still tagged as New to Princess, so there goes that theory.

Agree.  I thought you might be on to something.  But, with all our medallion cruises since 2018….we would not be NEW CRUISERS now.  Just such a flawed App.  Not much

testing done, again.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PacnGoNow said:

Another Update IOS….was

Split our b2b’s, instead

What a PITA.

1 hour ago, PacnGoNow said:

Update:  In order to

get the DMW back into the New App on the above update:

I completed the checkin items again.

Went to website, cruise personalizer, log in website version of the App OceanReady profile. Clicked on DMW, selected the same dining plan, selected the same SD that I had. 

It then showed on the DMW website version and now is reflected in the New App.

Unreal, just unreal. 

SMH so much it almost falls off.

• Haha 1