New Princess App available

iamaqt2

On 5/18/2024 at 9:50 AM, voljeep said:

yep - profile pic, blue medallion - my name - 

no white lettering or black background box

Someone on FB said that they sent Princess a message and posted something on Instagram and Princess Immediately called her had it fixed.

Anyone else having trouble getting on the app this morning?  I cant log in on teh phone, just get a 'something went wrong' error message, same for my wife.  The web app just wont load = circles for a while and then just stops.

6 minutes ago, adamtoonarmy said:

Anyone else having trouble getting on the app this morning?  I cant log in on teh phone, just get a 'something went wrong' error message, same for my wife.  The web app just wont load = circles for a while and then just stops.

Me too

• Thanks 1

On 5/13/2024 at 9:34 PM, jennybenny said:

I got the same error on the app, and when I tried to book dining from the computer, it was a different error. The chat help was not helpful. They said to wait until I was onboard, which is unreasonable. 

I am getting exactly the same error on app when I try to book specialty dining (and different one when using PC).  My wifes is exactly the same.

We are booked on Sky in November. Live chat useless - medallion class app telephone helpline even worse.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/20/2024 at 4:01 AM, adamtoonarmy said:

I am getting exactly the same error on app when I try to book specialty dining (and different one when using PC).  My wifes is exactly the same.

We are booked on Sky in November. Live chat useless - medallion class app telephone helpline even worse.....

I was having the same difficulty trying to book specialty dining on the Sun. "Something has gone wrong... please try again later".

• Like 1

3 hours ago, obendus said:

I was having the same difficulty trying to book specialty dining on the Sun. "Something has gone wrong... please try again later".

Did you manage to get it resolved?

8 minutes ago, adamtoonarmy said:

Did you manage to get it resolved?

I haven't tried. The cruise is a half year out, so I'll resolve it one way or a other this week.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, latebuyer said:

I’m having trouble where if i click excursions for the specific city on the app nothing happens. Has anyone encountered this before?

I do not have your problem…I can click on cities to see available excursions to book.

Thanks i phoned princess and she confirmed nothing happens when she clicks view excursions either on my account. So it is something peculiar to my account. Hope princess fixes it as i’m not paying final payment until its fixed. She said 3-5 days so fingers crossed.

11 hours ago, latebuyer said:

I’m having trouble where if i click excursions for the specific city on the app nothing happens. Has anyone encountered this before?

Is it just 1 city?  The others work?  Could be they are updating that city.  I’d try again in a couple of days.  
Also, check with others on your roll call, see if they have the same issue.  May be updating and not your account specifically.

• Thanks 1

well after an hour plus "chat", escalated, a week later, deleted and re-installed app, it looks like I am still a first time cruiser according to the "app"

sigh

2 hours ago, voljeep said:

well after an hour plus "chat", escalated, a week later, deleted and re-installed app, it looks like I am still a first time cruiser according to the "app"

sigh

The only one who can fix it

is IT.  
I would try phone line, option 

to get ocean ready, unless they took that off the tree.  Not on the weekend though, try Tuesday.  

An agent has to write up a ticket for IT to fix it.

They got rid of Ocean Navigators, now it’s just called IT.  So, who knows?

SMH

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

The only one who can fix it

is IT.  
I would try phone line, option 

to get ocean ready, unless they took that off the tree.  Not on the weekend though, try Tuesday.  

An agent has to write up a ticket for IT to fix it.

They got rid of Ocean Navigators, now it’s just called IT.  So, who knows?

SMH

i thought that was what was meant by 'escalated'   I'll 'call' next week sometime...

5 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Is it just 1 city?  The others work?  Could be they are updating that city.  I’d try again in a couple of days.  
Also, check with others on your roll call, see if they have the same issue.  May be updating and not your account specifically.

Thanks. I’ll check with facebook group.

I am fed up with this app. I am trying to book specialty dining but to do so I need to add an 'On Board' payment method. However, when I do I keep getting the error message "The payment method already exists for the given card!" I call Princess about this and they determine the reason is because my credit card expires in July and my cruise is in August so I cannot add it because it will be expired when I cruise. It makes sense I guess but that isn't what the error message says and it means I have no way of booking Crown Grill dining reservations until my bank issues me a new card.

The agent even had the gall to tell me that I could upgrade to Princess Premier and then I would be able to book dining using the 2 free credits. Yeah, they suggested I could spend thousands of dollars so I can book a $45 Crown Grill reservation because their app is flawed and won't allow me to do it the normal way. Any excuse to try to upsell is a good excuse I guess.

22 minutes ago, CDNCruiser55 said:

I am fed up with this app. I am trying to book specialty dining but to do so I need to add an 'On Board' payment method. However, when I do I keep getting the error message "The payment method already exists for the given card!" I call Princess about this and they determine the reason is because my credit card expires in July and my cruise is in August so I cannot add it because it will be expired when I cruise. It makes sense I guess but that isn't what the error message says and it means I have no way of booking Crown Grill dining reservations until my bank issues me a new card.

The agent even had the gall to tell me that I could upgrade to Princess Premier and then I would be able to book dining using the 2 free credits. Yeah, they suggested I could spend thousands of dollars so I can book a $45 Crown Grill reservation because their app is flawed and won't allow me to do it the normal way. Any excuse to try to upsell is a good excuse I guess.

You do need a valid CC.  I ran into that and called the CC company and they told me it was the same number and the new exp date plus the new CID/security code.  I entered that and NP.

If yours expires in July, you should get the new one very soon.  Call your CC company.

You can also ask for early replacement. 

Or, use another CC for the CG.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

You do need a valid CC.  I ran into that and called the CC company and they told me it was the same number and the new exp date plus the new CID/security code.  I entered that and NP.

If yours expires in July, you should get the new one very soon.  Call your CC company.

You can also ask for early replacement. 

Or, use another CC for the CG.

Yes, I understand all of this. There are hoops I could jump through to get this done. However it shouldn't be this way. The app shouldn't impose these burdens on me. I can set up this credit card as an 'On Shore' payment method. Shouldn't I be able to book Crown Grill using the 'On Shore' payment method prior to the cruise when I am actually 'On Shore'.

44 minutes ago, CDNCruiser55 said:

Yes, I understand all of this. There are hoops I could jump through to get this done. However it shouldn't be this way. The app shouldn't impose these burdens on me. I can set up this credit card as an 'On Shore' payment method. Shouldn't I be able to book Crown Grill using the 'On Shore' payment method prior to the cruise when I am actually 'On Shore'.

The Crown Grille is not “On Shore” it is on ship

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, CDNCruiser55 said:

I understand your frustration regarding vague error messages.  But you called and were actually given a correct answer!  Do you know how rare that is?

I don’t think it’s unreasonable for Princess to require a credit card that is valid as of the date you will be dining.  I don’t consider that “jumping through hoops”.  And it’s not the app (for once).  It’s the line’s policy.

Edited by BamaVol
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, BamaVol said:

I don’t think it’s unreasonable for Princess to require a credit card that is valid as of the date you will be dining.

They don't require a credit card that is valid as of the date I will be cruising when I book and pay for the cruise.

They don't require a credit card that is valid on the date I fly when I book and pay for my EZAir flights.

They don't require a credit card that is valid as of the date I will be going on the excursion when I book and pay for the excursion (if I book on the website anyway).

They don't require a credit card that is valid as of the date I will be going to the spa when I book and pay for the spa session (if I book on the website anyway).

The list goes on.

In fact, I think specialty dining is the only thing requires a credit card be valid when I cruise rather than require a credit card that is valid at time of booking/paying. It's a design flaw in the app.

2 hours ago, CDNCruiser55 said:

Understand.  But, it’s not unusual.  Don’t try that CC to hold a hotel reservation, as they will check your card, before your arrival and if the card has expired, they will cancel.  Happens a lot.  

This, I do not fault PCL or the App.