New Princess App available

iamaqt2

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

Two things:

1. If you call Princess go through the phone menu until you get the option for the Ocean Medallion folks. The regular Princess reps and the Live Chat are mostly worthless. The OM people can likely help you.

2. For the web version of the app I have always cancelled out of the Booking number option that comes up first and then used the login and password method BUT... when I to do that and it fails and takes me back to the Booking Number option. I cancel that again and try to login with my user name and password a second time. The second time has always worked for me.

Thank you. I have been speaking with Ocean Ready is that different from OM folks?  I have tried the web version and it never finds my booking number. I will try to call them again tomorrow as the person I spoke to this afternoon was going to call me back in an hour but it has now been 3 hrs with no call back. 

58 minutes ago, Coco_Mocha said:

Thank you. I have been speaking with Ocean Ready is that different from OM folks?  I have tried the web version and it never finds my booking number. I will try to call them again tomorrow as the person I spoke to this afternoon was going to call me back in an hour but it has now been 3 hrs with no call back. 

Sorry, Ocean Ready is the folks I meant "should" be able to help you. Bummer that they aren't coming through. Like I said above, I have never gotten into the web version using my booking number. I always have to cancel out of that, try using my username and password, have that bomb out, cancel out of the stupid booking number thing again, and then try a second time with my user name and password. That has worked for me every time in the past. It's idiotic but it's how I've managed to log in.

• Like 2

On 7/22/2024 at 12:08 PM, jennybenny said:

The pre cruise experience is horrendous!! I mean, PRINCESS GET IT TOGETHER!!!

We had pre ordered our medallions for pick up at the port. Ordered accessories as well. 

I just checked today as our cruise is in 11 days, and the Princess app is saying we didn't order our medallions and we can pick them up at the port. I'm annoyed. 

First we couldn't make reservations, that dumb park 19 isn't operational (I thought MAYBE the kids would be interested), and now this. 

If the experience on board is great, I will be happy, but this pre cruise experience is enough to make any new comer never want to cruise with Princess again. I am beyond frustrated and annoyed by Princess. 

We are two elite passengers and 2 platinum, and this could very well be our last cruise with Princess. 

I hear you loud and clear.  6 weeks trying to straighten app out.  Medallions finally arrived today, app still says to pick them up at port.  Beyond frustrating calling for help through the overseas call center.

On 7/26/2024 at 10:30 AM, Splice the mainbrace said:

A week after phoning for the new Cabin number to show on the app it still shows the previous cabin number. Looks like another phone call will be required ☹️

Dealing with the same issue, wrong cabin number and I have reported twice now to Ocean Ready reps.

12 hours ago, Thrak said:

Two things:

1. If you call Princess go through the phone menu until you get the option for the Ocean Medallion folks

The phone tree option will say to get “Ocean Ready”…..

and recently, there have been competent agents answering.  Hopefully, @Coco_Mocha will get one.  SMH

9 hours ago, Cruisintimer said:

Dealing with the same issue, wrong cabin number and I have reported twice now to Ocean Ready reps.

You called and spoke to the OR reps?

They couldn’t fix it and wrote up a ticket?  

I’d call again if they take more than a few days.

A couple of weeks ago,  I got a rep, who successfully 

fixed my loyalty on the App and one of my cruises that many errors: all the checkin checklist items, dining, etc.  I was surprised that agent could fix everything.  

These errors happened after their last MDR updates.

1 hour ago, PacnGoNow said:

You called and spoke to the OR reps?

They couldn’t fix it and wrote up a ticket?  

I’d call again if they take more than a few days.

A couple of weeks ago,  I got a rep, who successfully 

fixed my loyalty on the App and one of my cruises that many errors: all the checkin checklist items, dining, etc.  I was surprised that agent could fix everything.  

These errors happened after their last MDR updates.

Thank you everyone. I will try calling again and hopefully will get someone who can do something for me. 

• Like 1

On 7/1/2024 at 12:35 PM, Steelers36 said:

Sure.  Probably later this month or August.  TFA.  Take care.

Steelers36, new acronym for you:  IAAYB?

(It's August, Are You Back?)

In all seriousness, I do hope all is well with you!  😊  And, I do have a less silly question for you, actually. A while back you had stated that there is a restaurant in Vancouver you like to visit, although at the time you didn't mention it by name. We will be in Vancouver later this month and I am wondering if you would share the recommendation, please and thanks.

18 minutes ago, kamelia said:

In all seriousness, I do hope all is well with you!  😊  And, I do have a less silly question for you, actually. A while back you had stated that there is a restaurant in Vancouver you like to visit, although at the time you didn't mention it by name. We will be in Vancouver later this month and I am wondering if you would share the recommendation, please and thanks.

LOL.

TNWHAA.  IAJDOTANSTOCI.  I know this isn't an acronym. 

There's nothing wrong here at all.  I am just doing other things and not spending time on cruise industry.  

I suppose I feel it a bit daunting now to catch up on the goings on.  I can say that I did notice CCL stock recovering somewhat not long ago, but this past week's market turmoil has sent it reeling backwards again.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

LOL.

TNWHAA.  IAJDOTANSTOCI.  I know this isn't an acronym. 

There's nothing wrong here at all.  I am just doing other things and not spending time on cruise industry.  

I suppose I feel it a bit daunting now to catch up on the goings on.  I can say that I did notice CCL stock recovering somewhat not long ago, but this past week's market turmoil has sent it reeling backwards again.

OMG!  Awesome to hear from you.  Even if it is by way of @kamelia. Lol.

I knew better than to check the stock…but I did anyway. 😜

We do miss you around these parts.

Come back soon.

3 hours ago, kamelia said:

Cardero’s on Coal Harbour, Sand Bar (on Granville Island, take little water taxi at the end of Thurlow to reach Granville Island) or the Steamworks Pub are favourites of ours when we are in Vancouver.  A little farther away in Stanley Park is the Tea House which is also nice although a little pricier. 

• Thanks 1

Hi, wondered if anyone can advise.  My booking for Sun Princess next month has just got all messed up on the App - I had previously checked in and made dining bookings but now the settings have all been lost.and I cannot access anything past the first screens. I phoned the UK Medallion App line and think I was passed to someone in the US who said everything was fine - I was all checked in and we could pick up our medallions at the post (our only option in the UK). But I feel uneasy and want to get everything back! Especially as I cannot remember ordering our medallions and have no email confirmation.

- I'm on Android but get the same on the IPad and web versions.

- Tried logging on by booking number and by profile.

- Tried uninstalling and re-installing the app

- Our next booking is all checked in and fine.

Clicking Travel Checklist: - nothing displays in the contract text area on Passage Contract so cannot re-enter the information.

med1.JPG.418b6e612f04354a4af3bab7d9ef28c3.JPG

Clicking Order Medallion

med2.JPG.dcaa519f85e7c36203f9b6b4e02f8321.JPG

Clicking Book Dining:

med3.JPG.2f2fd606136cbc83b4e804e8b145b5c9.JPG

Edited by dides

42 minutes ago, dides said:

Hi, wondered if anyone can advise.  My booking for Sun Princess next month has just got all messed up on the App - I had previously checked in and made dining bookings but now the settings have all been lost.and I cannot access anything past the first screens. I phoned the UK Medallion App line and think I was passed to someone in the US who said everything was fine - I was all checked in and we could pick up our medallions at the post (our only option in the UK). But I feel uneasy and want to get everything back! Especially as I cannot remember ordering our medallions and have no email confirmation.

Clicking Travel Checklist: - nothing displays in the contract text area on Passage Contract so cannot re-enter the information.

Clicking Order Medallion

Clicking Book Dining:

This is definitely an IT error.  First, make sure everything is correct on the website.  You should be able to see yiur dining reservations on the website version, your check in status, etc.

You can also print your travel summary , which will show your purchases.

Then, I would call the regular Princess line and pick the option for Ocean Ready.  I had 1 out of 6 cruises on the downloaded App that went crazy like yours.  I finally called and got a guy, Alex in OceanReady.  He fixed it all up!  Could not believe it.

Not sure if on the weekend you’ll get a trained OR rep, if not try first thing on Monday morning.

Let us know.

Edited by PacnGoNow
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, dides said:

Clicking Order Medallion

Clicking Book Dining:

Try accessing Ocean Ready through your Cruise Personalizer on the Princess website.  Also, don't worry about not ordering your Medallions.  Princess will automatically make them for you and have them ready at the port, whether you've ordered them or not.

Screenshot 2024-08-09 152014.jpg

On 8/4/2024 at 10:39 AM, kamelia said:

Hi again.  I missed your question about dining in Vancouver.  It would not have been there - although it surely has many fine venues.  I posted about Victoria in all likelihood.  And that would have been about Pagliacci's.

• Thanks 1

After skipping through some of the most recent posts on this thread, there is a French expression I first learned a long time ago:  "plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose". 

Seems like it applies so much to the App.  They keep changing things, but the bugs live on.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

After skipping through some of the most recent posts on this thread, there is a French expression I first learned a long time ago:  "plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose". 

Seems like it applies so much to the App.  They keep changing things, but the bugs live on.

Tellement vrai!

The bugs live on, because they didn’t exterminate.  Just patched.

We still are seeing them off and on, mostly after an update.  Annoying.

13 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Hi again.  I missed your question about dining in Vancouver.  It would not have been there - although it surely has many fine venues.  I posted about Victoria in all likelihood.  And that would have been about Pagliacci's.

If you like sushi and ok with high price miku by canada place is nice. Sorry off topic! Haven’t used app recently.

2 hours ago, latebuyer said:

If you like sushi and ok with high price miku by canada place is nice. Sorry off topic! Haven’t used app recently.

We find the prices at Miku very reasonable for high end sushi. Lunch for 2 with 2 wines or beers each under $100 USD total 

Edited by memoak

My wife decided that late September 2025 was just too darn far off to wait for another cruise. We don't have any more booked for this year (but do have a month long camping trip scheduled for this fall) and it's sooooooooo long to wait for a cruise.  I was actually surprised when she said, "Maybe we should check for a drop and go or something for Hawaii". Naturally I replied with, "Yes, Dear". I checked today and saw that for the months of Jan, Feb, Mar, and Apr of 2025 there are exactly 3 Hawaiian cruises. Zowie! One is RT from LA, one is RT from SF, and the third is Honolulu to Vancouver. Hmmm... pretty easy decision for us. We can drive down to visit her sister and her husband and get them to drive us to the port in SF and pick us up after the cruise. Soooooo... I booked the cruise for March 19, 2025. 16 day RT SF/Hawaii. w00t!

I waited a few minutes for the confirmation email and then checked to see if it showed online. Yep, it was there so I fired up the app and checked there. Yep again. I breezed through the info on the app and had zero issues so we are now both Green Lane for the cruise and the Medallion order is complete and they will be shipped to our home.

I know people are saying the app is horrid and doesn't work and all that stuph (sic) but I had zero issues setting up this cruise. This was done on a Samsung Galaxy S10e - a phone from 2019 that is no longer manufactured. Samsung no longer issues updates for the device as it's too old. Heck, you can get one "renewed" on Amazon for maybe $15 brand new on Amazon for maybe $250 so it's not some snazzy new device that allows me to use the app.

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 3

36 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Heck, you can get one "renewed" on Amazon for maybe $15 brand new on Amazon for maybe $250 so it's not some snazzy new device that allows me to use the app.

Self quote to fix a typo as it's too late to edit the post. Sorry about that.

===================

Heck, you can get one "renewed" on Amazon for maybe $150 and brand new on Amazon for maybe $250 so it's not some snazzy new device that allows me to use the app.

Edited by Thrak

14 hours ago, Thrak said:

I know people are saying the app is horrid and doesn't work and all that stuph (sic) but I had zero issues setting up this cruise. This was done on a Samsung Galaxy S10e - a phone from 2019 that is no longer manufactured. Samsung no longer issues updates for the device as it's too old. Heck, you can get one "renewed" on Amazon for maybe $15 brand new on Amazon for maybe $250 so it's not some snazzy new device that allows me to use the app.

I also have an S10e and I love it.  But I am sure it's time is running out.

• Like 1

On 8/9/2024 at 11:16 PM, PacnGoNow said:

This is definitely an IT error. 

Not sure if on the weekend you’ll get a trained OR rep, if not try first thing on Monday morning.

Let us know.

I called the OceanReady line again on a weekday and all is fixed! They did some kind of reset on my account - I had to keep repeating that I had lost all access to my existing dining bookings and couldn't see any passenger contract to load in order to fix the Travel Checklist myself. Thanks for your help!

Edited by dides
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, dides said:

I called the OceanReady line again on a weekday and all is fixed! They did some kind of reset on my account - I had to keep repeating that I had lost all access to my existing dining bookings and couldn't see any passenger contract to load in order to fix the Travel Checklist myself. Thanks for your help!

So glad to hear that.  Reset, is usually them reentering all your data on that booking.  How it can get so scrambled during their updates is another story.

But, hey…it works.  🥴

• Like 1

Here's my story - sad , but true.

(For what it's worth, I too have a Galaxy S10).  This is a cruise to celebrate my 70th birthday, and naturally we wanted to book dinner at Crown Grill for that night. The app kept showing no times available, both before and after final payment 2 weeks ago. I got Ocean Ready, and received confirmation emails for ordering medallions. Got green ticks all the way.

Meanwhile, Sabatinis appeared on Dine My Way, but not Crown Grill. Then neither. Then one glorious day Crown Grill (but no Sabatinis). I quickly went to reserve dinner for my birthday. Because I have Premiere package, I ticked the box and it applied $0 to the dinner reservation. Then when I confirmed the booking an error message popped up saying it couldn't process the $0.

Then I noticed the medallion ordering section had a red cross instead of the previous green. I went in to re-order medallions again, but this time I decided to personalise my medallion with a Birthday motif. I confirmed the selection, got confirmation that I paid USD 5 and another email. The red cross was now green again.

Several more attempts to book Crown Grill or Sabatinis failed, both with the app and the web version. After reading this board, I called Princess and spoke with customer service. He corrected my Ocean Ready status by reordering our medallions, which had reverted to red yet again. He also said they were phasing out medallion personalization. I checked my credit card, and the USD5 hadn't been charged to it. He couldn't book Crown Grill. It was showing no times available to him.

Later that day I went on the app and both Crown Grill and Sabatinis were available, but again my Premiere package included reservation wouldn't process because it was $0. I called Princess again, and the Ocean Ready person made the reservation I wanted for me. Fantastic - there it was on the reservation list.

Later I was checking my credit card and I had been charged AUD126 for the reservation. Next day I called Ocean Ready again. The lady said the best way was to get the AUD126 refunded was to cancel the dinner reservation and then re-book it as part of the included specialty dinners. She cancelled the dinner reservation for me, but then got the same error I received when trying to make the reservation again. After a long wait I was told because my wife and I use the same email address for our booking, this is causing all the problems. We changed my wife's booking to another email address (after going through Princess security), and then Ocean Ready made another attempt to make my birthday dinner reservation. It still wouldn't work for them. 

I was then told a ticket would be created to resolve the issue. Meantime, I still don't have the dinner reservation. And when I checked my credit card, I found that there were now three lots of AUD126 charged to the card (the AUD378 has since been repaid). I am still waiting for the next exciting installment.  

• Thanks 1