Heaven deposit transferable?

DevonianCruiser

hey devonian cruiser, didnt you bother to check the cabin prices before you laid out 2000 poinds?

if you are over 120 days from sailing, merely cancel this deposit, you will get 100% of your money back, and you can then rebook a lower category cabin. however, the haven experience ( if you cn afford it) is not to be missed.

16 minutes ago, complawyer said:

hey devonian cruiser, didnt you bother to check the cabin prices before you laid out 2000 poinds?

if you are over 120 days from sailing, merely cancel this deposit, you will get 100% of your money back, and you can then rebook a lower category cabin. however, the haven experience ( if you cn afford it) is not to be missed.

Maybe, maybe not, European rules are different

1 hour ago, complawyer said:

if you are over 120 days from sailing, merely cancel this deposit, you will get 100% of your money back

Not in Europe! With the amount given in £ I suspect that is the case. There is a cancellation fee from day one here. But MAYBE it can be transferred to another cabin. 

Yes I checked prices and got a good deal. The Haven and suites require a 20% deposit, hence the amount.

We are probably going to do this cruise which is in august to the Greek isles, however as winter is upon us, we’ve just been thinking about a Caribbean cruise next December over Christmas, so curious if the deposit was transferable. I’ve read the Terms and Conditions and it’s quite vague - it says ‘changes by you” are £35 a person, but doesn’t say what those change can be, so I thought I’d ask here.

2 minutes ago, DevonianCruiser said:

Yes I checked prices and got a good deal. The Haven and suites require a 20% deposit, hence the amount.

We are probably going to do this cruise which is in august to the Greek isles, however as winter is upon us, we’ve just been thinking about a Caribbean cruise next December over Christmas, so curious if the deposit was transferable. I’ve read the Terms and Conditions and it’s quite vague - it says ‘changes by you” are £35 a person, but doesn’t say what those change can be, so I thought I’d ask here.

It doesn't matter what people here might tell you, only the cruise line can give  you a definitive answer. Instead of wasting time here, contact the cruise line.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DevonianCruiser said:

it says ‘changes by you” are £35 a person, but doesn’t say what those change can be, so I thought I’d ask here.

I THINK that would be changes for the cruise you already booked. Like for example a cabin upgrade in connection with a re-pricing. But I'm not in UK and EU rules a not the same as UK so that is justa guess. Only NCL can tell you for sure.

Previous experience with UK rules is that you can change itinerary for free if the new cruise is more expensive (I once did this for only a £10 difference!). However, if it's cheaper then the administration cost is only £35 so not a bank breaker if you do want to shift.

These were for non-haven rooms though, so there may be some difference in cost, but basically I would expect a transfer to be fine this far out.