Is anyone having trouble getting the Single DP340 supplement when checking online?

molly361

Hello,

Speaking for the UK, not all DP340 prices have been loaded! And some that have are still using the 1st July to 31st August blackout dates!!

The less than 365 day old ship exclusion is for the 'Pinnacle' free cruise(s) but being the poor relation, it's very rare for us in the UK to get a new ship (unless we book with MSC!).

Hot foot from the Celebrity site, their '30% off' offer was not for solo bookings.

Regards,

Cublet

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, cublet said:

Hello,

Speaking for the UK, not all DP340 prices have been loaded! And some that have are still using the 1st July to 31st August blackout dates!!

The less than 365 day old ship exclusion is for the 'Pinnacle' free cruise(s) but being the poor relation, it's very rare for us in the UK to get a new ship (unless we book with MSC!).

Hot foot from the Celebrity site, their '30% off' offer was not for solo bookings.

Regards,

Cublet

I was thinking that it might be the they didn't change the blackout date thing

41 minutes ago, instaGator said:

The current "30% Off" promotion is greater than the DP340 150%.  Since 30% off of two fares is 140% of the total, that exceeds the 150% DP340 discount.

The DP340 promo is after the bogus 30% discount.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, molly361 said:

Trying to get the solo supplement for Utopia 8/19/24 and it isn't giving me one.  I know the exclusion dates are now 6/15/24 - 8/15/24 and I don't think that there is a new ship 1 year exclusion on that.  

I've bad the same problem applying the promo on any of the newly issued itineraries.  I've had success applying the promo on any of the old itineraries.  For instance, while on board the Harmony in early December, I booked a similar sail for the December 2024 and no problem applying the promo. @Ourusualbeach mentioned that she had success by calling the Royal desk.

I agree that some dates are just not loaded. My TA has gotten some on dates that I cant get online. Code says invalid on lots of other dates I've checked. 

Luckily my TA can see them. I cant. I'm seeing the full blown prices. Adds to the shock of higher prices. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Did you try calling Royal directly?

Even though I use a TA (he's on vacation) I did call just out of curiousity and they didn't give it to me either.  I'll see if he can see them in his system when he gets back.

Posted (edited)

Hello,

Here it is for me:

image.png

This is for just little me, senior and over 340 points. The only thing that looks right about it is paying one lot of PF&T on the solo booking.

If your TA is not available and whoever you called at Royal was no help then my next suggestion would be to contact the C&A desk. I know whom I would contact in the UK but the US is foreign territory.

Regards,

Cublet

Edited by cublet
double pasting
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, cublet said:

Hello,

Here it is for me:

image.png

This is for just little me, senior and over 340 points. The only thing that looks right about it is paying one lot of PF&T on the solo booking.

If your TA is not available and whoever you called at Royal was no help then my next suggestion would be to contact the C&A desk. I know whom I would contact in the UK but the US is foreign territory.

Regards,

Cublet

Pricing looks suspicious.  Lower for 2 in cabin vs solo.  Is this comparison same balcony level.

A friend emailed Bayley’s office about the missing DP340 a few weeks ago and they responded that sales and / or IT was aware that “some” 2024 and 2025 sailings had been loaded without the DP340 being available, and they were working on it.  He responded that they still hadn’t fixed the problem because the sailings he was looking at still didn’t accept the code.  They then asked for the specific sailings he was looking at and said they would forward them.  He ended up having his agent call and they manually added the code and booked him.  Being an admittedly cynical person it just seems to me that it’s not necessarily an oversight, and it’s apparent the problem still exists and they are not in any hurry to resolve it.  DP340 is supposed to automatically load for us pinnacles if we show 1 person for the booking and it’s not a blackout period.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I don't know why I am surprised but I am that they changed the blackout dates for it's use but neglected to change it in their computers

And I should add even at the 150% supplement I am still on the fence as to whether I am going to take that 8/19 sailing or not.  It's still going to be costly.  No groups on Utopia first couple of months

Edited by molly361

3 hours ago, molly361 said:

Even though I use a TA (he's on vacation) I did call just out of curiousity and they didn't give it to me either.  I'll see if he can see them in his system when he gets back.

He can't see it either. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

He can't see it either. 

Thanks to your input, my TA was able to get it applied to Anthem Apr/2025 TP. She did have to call and get someone to approve and manually input. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, molly361 said:

So, in essence, even the Royal agents can't apply the solo supplement discount on the newly released itineraries.

25 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

Thanks to your input, my TA was able to get it applied to Anthem Apr/2025 TP. She did have to call and get someone to approve and manually input. 

Funny, I'm able to get the promo discount on Odyssey April 20, 2025 (Easter week).

15 hours ago, Anton said:

<very big snip>

DP340 is supposed to automatically load for us pinnacles if we show 1 person for the booking and it’s not a blackout period.  

Hello,

I am speaking only for UK pricing - it may be the same or different for others but I do not know either way.

As a very retired accountant that loves his spreadsheets (anyone here remember Lotus 123, or SuperCalc or Smartware?), I expected there to be a number of formulae working in the background on the 'headline' cruise price to produce individual prices based on multiple input criteria.

Not so in the UK. Each sub price, input criterion dependant, is worked-out manually and input individually - and very often in arrears. Whether some of the expertise/experience in doing this was let go as part of the covid crisis is quite likely.

Regards,

Cublet

17 hours ago, nelblu said:

Pricing looks suspicious.  Lower for 2 in cabin vs solo.  Is this comparison same balcony level.

Of course.

Cublet