Solis available for booking

kjbacon

I’ve been spot checking my seabourn account to see when I can book Solis for my upcoming cruise. Today, it was finally available to book for next year so you might want to check if it’s available to book on your 2024 cruises.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kjbacon said:

I’ve been spot checking my seabourn account to see when I can book Solis for my upcoming cruise. Today, it was finally available to book for next year so you might want to check if it’s available to book on your 2024 cruises.

Solis reservations were available a few weeks ago for my summer and fall 2024 cruises.

nancy

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ovener said:

For some reason it’s still called ‘The Grill’ under the dining reservations icon, but having booked it indeed appears as Solis. Perhaps a UK booking problem?

Same experience for us here (USA). On the booking platform it was listed as Keller Grill, but the receipt email and the entry in My Itinerary listed it as Solis.  And, as Nancy already mentioned, booking for Solis has been available for several weeks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skybluewaters said:

Same experience for us here (USA). On the booking platform it was listed as Keller Grill, but the receipt email and the entry in My Itinerary listed it as Solis.  And, as Nancy already mentioned, booking for Solis has been available for several weeks.

Perhaps our paths will cross in 24

Nancy

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, docmark said:

Do all ships have Solis available in 2024? starting dates?

Thanks  

Solis will launch on board Seabourn Quest in January 2024, and will be rolled out across Seabourn Encore, Seabourn Ovation and Seabourn Sojourn by Spring 2024

Nancy

It is my understanding that Thomas Keller Grill on the Sojourn will remain in operation until the end of the World Cruise-  They will begin renovations for Solis at the conclusion of the World Cruise.  I was told this from what I believe to be a reliable source--but this is my only source..

1 hour ago, Utopia1 said:

It is my understanding that Thomas Keller Grill on the Sojourn will remain in operation until the end of the World Cruise-  They will begin renovations for Solis at the conclusion of the World Cruise.  I was told this from what I believe to be a reliable source--but this is my only source..

When were you told that?

On the Odyssey last month, I was told that TK Grill will convert to Solis during the World Cruise so that the full world cruisers will get to enjoy both venues.

2 minutes ago, sfvoyage said:

When were you told that?

On the Odyssey last month, I was told that TK Grill will convert to Solis during the World Cruise so that the full world cruisers will get to enjoy both venues.

I was told that on a recent Seabourn sailing sometime btwn the lsat week of November and the beginning of December.

Just now, Utopia1 said:

I was told that on a recent Seabourn sailing sometime btwn the lsat week of November and the beginning of December.  It takes several weeks to complete the conversion.  They will put in a new kitchen as well as redo the dining area.

Posted (edited)
On 12/30/2023 at 12:11 PM, docmark said:

Thanks Nancy

Checked for Sojourn, cruise starting April 15, NOT named. Thomas Keller listed.

It was named as Solis for my Sojourn cruise starting May 2nd.  Perhaps that is the first one it's available on?  It's a last segment of the world cruise starting in January so I wonder how they plan to change it during a cruise.

Edited by babydrum

I'm unable to book Solis for a late March cruise on Quest (which I understand will be the first ship to convert from TK to Solis).  It still shows Thomas Keller and the "RESERVE NOW" button does not function.

I am curious...how do experienced Seabourn passengers decide what night(s) to book?  I've always preferred to book any alternative dining after I've seen the MDR menus and can see if there is a night or two whose menu is less appealing than others. 

Also, does anyone have information on the expected capacity of Solis on the Quest?  We'll be on for eleven nights with a sailing that is currently at about 60% full so I'm wondering whether it is even important to book in advance of sailing.

18 hours ago, alexandria said:

I am curious...how do experienced Seabourn passengers decide what night(s) to book?  I've always preferred to book any alternative dining after I've seen the MDR menus and can see if there is a night or two whose menu is less appealing than others. 

We just reserved online for a late April/early May cruise on Encore. Website still said TK Grill on the booking page, but our confirmation shows Solis (and, obviously, the reservation button worked!).

I would have chosen the first at sea day for each week of our cruise because I believe that's most likely to be "formal" night in the Restaurant and I'm not a big fan of formal (but have no issue with the Seabourn guidelines for what's considered "formal"). But those were not available so we picked days semi-randomly--one very early in our first week so we'd have an idea of how much we like it and will want to go back.

In my experience, you won't see menus for the duration of your cruise, only menus for the next day every evening. Depending upon how full the ship is and how many people are loving Solis, it might be difficult to reserve the night before. But if you make reservations now, at least you have a placeholder and you can always try to change them when you have a better idea of what would be ideal for you.

Also, you can always find alternatives at Earth & Ocean and the Colonnade if the MDR menu doesn't float your boat any evening.

Great points, thanks.  I was able to find another area of the website that allowed me to reserve a dining time.  And there was very little availability for our preferred "earlier" dining time (most nights only had 8pm or 8:30pm open) so I appreciate the suggestion of making a reservation now as a placeholder as we are now assured of one evening there during our preferred time.  Our sailing of eleven nights only permitted one reservation but that should be sufficient with all of the other dining options on board.  I'm sure there will be no shortage of quality meals during our journey!  😁

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, galeforce9 said:

Is it just 2024 it is available to book for?  Can’t see the option for my 2025 bookings 

I believe it’s just for 2024.  I’m unable to book for my 2025 cruises

Nancy

• Like 1