Never got the email for Captains Club points promo for Dec. Was it because I complained to Celebrity executive?

Linda W.

Interesting I have always received the captains club email for getting points for watching webinars etc. to earn points.  Didn't get it in December.  Was it because I sent an email to the president of Celebrity cruises about my dissatisfaction with making a booking in good faith and then after final payment they took away the things that were marketed for me (us) to entice us to purchase a cruise?  I always get the offers and noticed that many people got the email and watched a webinar.  I just find it odd timing that this time I didn't get it.  Haven't changed anything in my account, get many emails from Celebrity etc.  Just not the ability to get more points---not that it is necessarily going to impact me in the future it is just another thing.

• Haha 1

Celebrity dropped me totally since I send several emails expressing my disappointment in the changes they are making. Started with the vaping issue and now the $2 up charge on drinks. One more cruise and then we are 95% sure we are done with them.  So yes, it is possible.

It seems to be pretty inconsistent who gets the PowerUp e-mails and who doesn't and for how long.  My husband generally gets them.  I generally don't yet we both get more than our share of promotional e-mails.  I've tried re-signing up but nothing works.

I have not written any e-mails complaining so I'm not sure it is tied to that.  It's just an automated system that doesn't always work like its supposed to.

• Like 3

I haven't received an email for a points promotion in months. I haven't sent a complaint email, however, for the first time in 15 years, I don't have a Celebrity cruise booked. I figured that was the reason.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Linda W. said:

Interesting I have always received the captains club email for getting points for watching webinars etc. to earn points.  Didn't get it in December.  Was it because I sent an email to the president of Celebrity cruises about my dissatisfaction with making a booking in good faith and then after final payment they took away the things that were marketed for me (us) to entice us to purchase a cruise?  I always get the offers and noticed that many people got the email and watched a webinar.  I just find it odd timing that this time I didn't get it.  Haven't changed anything in my account, get many emails from Celebrity etc.  Just not the ability to get more points---not that it is necessarily going to impact me in the future it is just another thing.

Do you really think Celebrity drops people from Captains Club emails because they received a complaint email? You didn’t get the email because either the email got lost or because Celebrity’s IT dropped your email address because of their notorious incompetence. If you read the thread on Cruise Critic about the Captain’s Club Power Up points lots of people don’t get those emails. Many read that thread and have get a heads up from the thread so they can get the points. 

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Linda W. said:

You give the IT department too much credit.   

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

I didn’t receive it and have two cruises booked. 

I’ve been one of those people who gets executive office complaints from customers and we didn’t dump people from distro lists. If anything, we worked to keep them happy. We did have nicknames for the ones who sent in weekly emails. 😆 

• Haha 2

I also did not get the last notification of PowerUp.   Luckily someone posted on a FB group I belong to about it and then provided me with the link.

I never got the December email either. A family member received it and then I came here and used the posted link. I did find the webinar interesting but I’ve fallen out of love with the Celebrity brand and the way they keep grabbing things back. 

18 minutes ago, Nado44 said:

Can someone please post the link (if it isn't too late to participate)? Didn't get the email either.

Sorry but the webinar had to be watched by December 27. I checked the link and confirmed it is no longer available. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Linda W. said:

Was it because I sent an email to the president of Celebrity cruises about my dissatisfaction

If that was the case I'd be banned from cruising with Celebrity. 😁You voicing your disappointment, concerns has nothing to do with you not receiving the PUPs offers. Think of it as consistently inconsistent. I always get the PUP offers and I've sent Emails to the executive office.

I always got the email and then suddenly didn’t (have never sent an email to anyone at Celebrity).  I have been unable to register again.   I stumbled across the thread 'Captains Club power up points' and started following it.  People are very good about posting the links for new opportunities and I get notifications when new posts are added so I don't miss them.  Just an example of how helpful Cruise Critic is.

Posted (edited)

I received the most recent e-mail with power-up point information one week after I sent a scathing complaint letter to X executives. My letter was enclosed in a Rolex gift box containing an Oyster Perpetual Datejust Stainless Steel/18ct Gold watch.  I'm sure that had nothing to do with me receiving the e-mail and the subsequent 250 Captain's Club points. After watching the webinar, I received another 250 points. Go figure. Celebrity execs are certainly not sensitive to negative feedback, and they're always on time, so I don't understand your situation. All I can say is, keep that feedback comin'.     

Edited by Spif Barwunkel

Posted (edited)

Crap, now that I think about it, I stopped getting emails after I called celebrity to advise them that their "you can bring cuban cigars into the USA" document was untrue and potentially a liability... hmmmm

Edited by Tharkhold
  • Haha 1