LIVE-Prima Feb 2-9, 2024 from Galveston-Western Caribbean with PICs, Haven (HE)

I know people consider this pretentious (because it actually is), but dang, it’s nice having our own elevators!

Swimming fish o. the carpet are gone…☹️

IMG_2538.jpeg

IMG_2537.jpeg

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 4
  • Haha 4

10 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

They started to announce open cabins on certain decks about 30 mins ago.  Now, they announce all cabins are ready!

Bon Voyage from the Jade at the Happy Island

IMG_6202.JPG

• Like 3

Just walking around the ship.  It’s gorgeous…upscale comparatively.  And yes, it’s smaller than any other NCL ship I’ve sailed (exception. being the GEM. maybe)! 

That said. I think it’s so different than any other NCL ship, there’s a lack of familiarity.  Dining is spread out.  There are more free dining venues vs just the MDRs and Garden Cafe.

It’s the time of day the food venues are slammed.  But, I saw plenty of empty seats because it’s so spread out.  

IMG_2576.jpeg

IMG_2575.jpeg

IMG_2574.jpeg

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

IMG_2573.jpeg

IMG_2571.jpeg

You might not know this yet if you didn't indulge, but I'm curious if they're allowing passengers to order from any of the food stations when sitting at the counters. They weren't in November even though I had heard reports they were. 

Enjoy exploring! It's a cool ship with quite a bit going on for it (and some that's well blah, but that's all ships). Have fun!!!!

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

You might not know this yet if you didn't indulge, but I'm curious if they're allowing passengers to order from any of the food stations when sitting at the counters. They weren't in November even though I had heard reports they were. 

Enjoy exploring! It's a cool ship with quite a bit going on for it (and some that's well blah, but that's all ships). Have fun!!!!

They were not the week before Christmas.  I don't understand why they won't allow it because it will open up more seating.  Too many people sat down,saw the limited menu, got upset and left.  

Edited by Liljo22
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Looks like people are eating at the counters in Indulge..

We'll be back soon enough to see & find out for ourselves ... during last Nov's TA, the tablets positioned at the various counter stations were "restricted" and limited to what's available and/or served at that section, i.e. Asian fusion/noodles (very similar to Shanghai Noodles, a bit smaller but retained open kitchen concept, spotless as they power washed & steam clean them nightly).   This reminded me recalling, crew had to go around individually to each tablet to (re)program them for lunch & dinner services ... that's "labor intensive" and speak to the onboard competency of their I.T. deployment, i.e. group policies w programming changes, not a good use of finite team resources amidst corporate cutbacks - the tablets with assigned alph-numbers associated with the table/counter station.  

The I.T. manager onboard can easily set them or remotely "reset" them all at once & modify the menu so that ALL the tablets can order food & items, appropriate to the time of the day (lunch or dinner service) - free up the "bottleneck" when at peak - surge times, 2 or 3 passengers easily hog up a table that seat 5 to 6 easily, while solo cruisers have far fewer options ... and, of course, close that Starbuck stations as it's wasted, not open for breakfast (during the TA) and a signed placard directing those looking for the boost to head across to the other SB midship.  

Heck, what do I know ... armchair quarterback & backseat driving.  Oh yeah, isn't SuperBowl Sunday coming around the corner fast.  Cheers & have a great cruise week ahead, I think you are going to like the Prima despite the imperfection ... wanna join us in a couple of months, prices looking good.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1