Priced reduced after booking?

We have just received a number of cruises from our TA one of which we booked last year, Cape town to Cape town 21st December 2023, 15 days on Regent Splendor. 

This latest offer has the price reduced by almost 5000 US dollars. Has anyone on here applied for the new price on any cruise please? 

Of course I have written to my well known TA in the UK to see what happens?

Yes we have kept eyes on our cruises and if there is a reduction prior to final payment we call our TA and ask for the reduced price. One time we said we would cancel and rebook if necessary but Regent finally gave the reduced price.

Good luck.

Thanks for your reply, I like the way you said "Regent finally gave the reduced price"  sounds like they were balking? We pay the balance late September.

If it is before final payment, you can rebook at the lower price.  If after final payment, no such luck, and I have never gotten any OBC or FCC in that situation either. 

• Like 1

Result: Heard from our TA earlier, Regent will honour the new price, we have literally saved thousands of £ on this cruise.

• Like 2

The last time I saw a reduced fare on one of our booked cruises, I contacted our TA who had already contacted Regent.  They honored the lower price.

Makes me wonder what they'd do if the customer or TA didn't ask...   🤔

11 minutes ago, UUNetBill said:

The last time I saw a reduced fare on one of our booked cruises, I contacted our TA who had already contacted Regent.  They honored the lower price.

Makes me wonder what they'd do if the customer or TA didn't ask...   🤔

Nothing. 

• Like 1

Correct, nothing. You have to be on the ball when these offers come up. My TA didnt pick it up, but to their credit they were on the case and got the fare reduction. It was the date of the cruise which I spotted which made me check.

• Like 1

I'm looking at the pricing for a cruise which I have booked already in a PHB upgraded from a cat D.  My TA is telling me that the regent agent said that the two-cat upgrade is built into the pricing.  So when I select the cat D and it shows the $39283 price for 2pax, they are telling me that $39283 is the pricing for F-1 as the upgrade is built into the pricing.  Seems fishy to me because wouldn't the G-1 G-2 and H all have the H pricing?  That would mean the huge jump in price from a D to PHC on regent website is the jump from an F-1 to E regularly.  I didn't think there was that much difference from an F-1 to E.  Can anyone verify if this is true?

Web capture_5-1-2024_122513_www.rssc.com.jpeg

3 hours ago, Lonedaddy said:

I'm looking at the pricing for a cruise which I have booked already in a PHB upgraded from a cat D.  My TA is telling me that the regent agent said that the two-cat upgrade is built into the pricing.  So when I select the cat D and it shows the $39283 price for 2pax, they are telling me that $39283 is the pricing for F-1 as the upgrade is built into the pricing.  Seems fishy to me because wouldn't the G-1 G-2 and H all have the H pricing?  That would mean the huge jump in price from a D to PHC on regent website is the jump from an F-1 to E regularly.  I didn't think there was that much difference from an F-1 to E.  Can anyone verify if this is true?

Web capture_5-1-2024_122513_www.rssc.com.jpeg

Your TA and the agent are not correct. You are booking a PHB and the two category upgrade results in you having to pay the fare for a category D. You can do the two category upgrade either way. For example, if you had booked a category D, you could either upgrade to a PHB for the category D fare or stay in your category D and pay the G2 fare.

Dave

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaveFr said:

Your TA and the agent are not correct. You are booking a PHB and the two category upgrade results in you having to pay the fare for a category D. You can do the two category upgrade either way. For example, if you had booked a category D, you could either upgrade to a PHB for the category D fare or stay in your category D and pay the G2 fare.

Dave

For the two category upgrade, one has to book an F1 suite to get a D suite

Posted (edited)

Oops. NYC-London is correct. 🤪 Guess I was thinking about the last time we used a two category upgrade when we booked an F2 and paid the G2 rate.

Dave

Edited by DaveFr

Are there any TA on this board that could verify what the price of a phb would be on that cruise?  Is it the price listed for a cat d on regents site? 

from what I was told a while ago, this is the process (pls correct me if I'm wrong). 

1. You get a 2 cat upgrade when booking. So if you book PHB, you pay D price, or PHC, you pay F

2. If you already made final payment.... tough... you are out of luck...but...you are cruising soon 🙂

3. If you are already booked and your booked category is waitlisted, Regent will not honor the new price, as "rebooking under the new offer" would not get you the category you are already in. 

4. Any previous offer you got (flights, pre cruise tours etc) will disappear. 

So what I am hearing here is that the price of the concierge D is the $39283 from the sceen shot.  @Pcardad can you verify that as you seem to be very informed on the Regent pricing.

Perhaps I need a more experienced TA if that is the case.  

1 hour ago, Lonedaddy said:

So what I am hearing here is that the price of the concierge D is the $39283 from the sceen shot.  @Pcardad can you verify that as you seem to be very informed on the Regent pricing.

Perhaps I need a more experienced TA if that is the case.  

First.. you do need a good TA.  But what I've found is if there's a cruise I am interested in I have my TA put a 7 day hold on the cabin I'm interested in.  That way I get an actual booking with all the charges displayed.  Then I can pay the deposit, cancel the cruise, or simply do nothing and let it expire.  But at least I have a lock on the cabin and rate and know exactly what I'm looking at.  

• Like 1