Dress attire

What, if any, are the dress 'code' for the Haven restaurant or for the Ocean Blue restaurant. On HAL specialty restaurants wanted a collared shirt (golf shirts qualified). This is an Alaskan 7 days cruise and we are hoping to travel light and very casual. 

In November, I took a photo of this placard which was located at Hudson's on Pr1ma, however the same placard was also at the podium in the Haven. 

Since you're going to Alaska, I assume you're not cruising on Breakaway. It does seem Breakaway (based on many threads on Cruise Critic and elsewhere) has a more stringent dress code in their Haven Restaurant which includes not allowing sandals and shorts for dinner. I've cruised on Getaway, Joy, and Pr1ma with never an issue wearing athletic shorts, t-shirts, and flippy floppies (though didn't wear these on Pr1ma) in the Haven Restaurant for any meal.

We do dress very casually, but not quite robe/pajama casual as we're on vacation and don't desire to wear workwear. You'll find a wide variety of opinions on this. 

20231122_100522(1).thumb.jpg.61d727f455c21c2c1aee7fe7725307ef.jpg

Ocean Blue = Le Bistro/Palomar bullet point at the bottom. Pr1ma doesn't have Ocean Blue, so that's why it isn't listed. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, hallux said:

https://www.ncl.com/ca/en/cruise-faq/what-clothes-should-i-pack

I believe Ocean Blue is one of the specialty venues (Le Bistro being the other) that requests men to wear slacks and a collared shirt.  Otherwise it's casual attire all around.

The Manhattan Room also require men to wear slacks on some of their ships.   

8 hours ago, Denverbri69 said:

What, if any, are the dress 'code' for the Haven restaurant or for the Ocean Blue restaurant. On HAL specialty restaurants wanted a collared shirt (golf shirts qualified). This is an Alaskan 7 days cruise and we are hoping to travel light and very casual. 

Tshirt and jeans are fine.

8 hours ago, hallux said:

https://www.ncl.com/ca/en/cruise-faq/what-clothes-should-i-pack

I believe Ocean Blue is one of the specialty venues (Le Bistro being the other) that requests men to wear slacks and a collared shirt.  Otherwise it's casual attire all around.

Nope.  I have always worn tshirt and jeans and never had even a slight issue.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, yakcruiser said:

You can't watch. No you can't eat. You ain't supposed to be here! How come this song pops up in my head every time this topic comes up?

I'll help you out my friend.

That's a good one!  Certainly included on the soundtrack of @ChiefMateJRK's wasted youth.😎

Edited by ChiefMateJRK
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

I'll help you out my friend.

That's a good one!  Certainly included on the soundtrack of @ChiefMateJRK's wasted youth.😎

That is NOT the original.  The song was writtem and performed by the Five Man Electric Band out of Canada!  🙂

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, MoCruiseFan said:

That is NOT the original.  The song was writtem and performed by the Five Man Electric Band out of Canada!  🙂

Pretty sure anyone who grew up hearing that song every hour on AM radio already knew that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MoCruiseFan said:

Nope.  I have always worn tshirt and jeans and never had even a slight issue.

and yet there was a post last week on Reddit about someone not conforming to the dress code and not being allowed seating at one of the more restrictive restaurants (they were wearing slacks and a long-sleeve t-shirt with a bit of a high collar, almost a mock-turtleneck).  It seems it's not applied equally, and I'm not about to take a chance.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, MoCruiseFan said:

Yes, and our first clue is that the guys in the video would have been in kindergarten at the time.  Did you have a point?

Does this help you out?

Edited by ChiefMateJRK

12 hours ago, Denverbri69 said:

Shorts are allowed in the Haven restaurant for all meals. 

Ocean Blue requests that gents wear long pants. Dockers or jeans are fine. 

27 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Dockers or jeans are fine. 

Anything that covers a man's legs is "fine."   I don't own jeans.  I don't own "dockers" (Levi Strauss crap).  I do own nice cotton twill pants, but they generally stay at home.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Anything that covers a man's legs is "fine."   I don't own jeans.  I don't own "dockers" (Levi Strauss crap).  I do own nice cotton twill pants, but they generally stay at home.

same here.  I'm leaving from NY in two weeks, so I'll be wearing jeans since it will be cold.  For that reason, I'll actually have long pants for this cruise and  I'll also have closed toe shoes.  I guess I can try out Le Bistro for the first time

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Yes, and our first clue is that the guys in the video would have been in kindergarten at the time.  Did you have a point?

Does this help you out?

I rarely do have a point>  just filling in more info on the post n question.  🙂

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Don't tell me that the Chief goes pantless!   😲

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, vacation44 said:

The Manhattan Room also require men to wear slacks on some of their ships.   

I did not mean to use the word slacks but meant any kind of pants including sweats.

• Like 1