Spectra's Cabaret on Anthem...

4 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Thank you! Wasn't sure if I needed to reserve it more than once.

You [probably] will not want to see it more than once.  😄

It's a love it or hate it show.  Usually no middle ground.

• Like 7

Exactly the same.  We've seen it twice, once on each time we were on Anthem.  We were lucky in that we got to see Terry LaVell both times.  It's been several years but it was a spectacular show.   

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, BND said:

Exactly the same.  We've seen it twice, once on each time we were on Anthem.  We were lucky in that we got to see Terry LaVell both times.  It's been several years but it was a spectacular show.   

Thank you. I wasn't sure if there were different versions each night, but y'all have clarified for me. Thanks!

Love the show, hate the venue. It's very hard to get a decent view. You'll want to try and get there early. If they're doing on the last night of your cruise that can be a good option as lots of folks will already have seen it and/or be too busy packing to go.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

Love the show, hate the venue. It's very hard to get a decent view. You'll want to try and get there early. If they're doing on the last night of your cruise that can be a good option as lots of folks will already have seen it and/or be too busy packing to go.

Ooh! Good info. They are. Maybe I can cancel my initial one and change it. I tend to pack as I go anyway so the last day/night isn't so stressful.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

You [probably] will not want to see it more than once.  😄

It's a love it or hate it show.  Usually no middle ground.

Agree. Saw it last March. Sat thru it once. Wouldn't do it again. Not my thing. The venue in action was cool, though.

2 hours ago, BND said:

We watched show about 9 times. We thought Terry was the best (there was somebody else in 2017 on Thanksgiving)... until this Thanksgiving. New guy was at least as good. It felt that he is invested more in this show.

• Like 1

There is a slight chance the show may be slightly different.  In rough seas, the talent does not come down from the ceiling. 

I think we have seen this show 6-7 times.  We sit in different areas and see new things each time.  It's the same with the Book. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, steveru621 said:

There is a slight chance the show may be slightly different.  In rough seas, the talent does not come down from the ceiling. 

They have not had aerialist in Spectra's since the restart (sailed on her 5 times since Dec. 2021).

Edited by Another_Critic

4 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

They have not had aerialist in Spectra's since the restart.

I'm not sure. We were on Anthem last November, and I thought there were aerialists. I'll check with my family.

I'm positive there were aerialists for the Book on Odyssey.

15 minutes ago, steveru621 said:

I'm not sure. We were on Anthem last November, and I thought there were aerialists. I'll check with my family.

There were none on our December 3rd sailing. Seas weren’t particularly rough.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, steveru621 said:

I'm positive there were aerialists for the Book on Odyssey.

I've seen Spectra 3 times, all post covid and have never seen an aerialist.

I did see them in the Book, the one time I was on odyssey (also post covid).

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Tatka said:

6 times since 2021... and no aerialists.

I think this was a subject of complains.

I am OK either way.

At a recent question and answer session, they said Royal couldn't get enough of riggers to do it.

• Thanks 2