Caribean Princess or Enchanted Princess

chismrules

Hello, never been on Princess, looking at these two for us to take our Dad, who has Alzheimer's and in wheelchair at times. He keeps 

saying he wants to go on a cruise and our Mom just passed away few months ago, and thought we would try to take him before he gets worse.

So food is a big reason he wants to go, and not many kids, nice music and things to do besides the pool area Thinking of going between March and April.

Can you give me good and bad between them, is one much better than the other. 

Also thinking about Celebrity Reflection but I know this is Princess thread. Thanks

Posted (edited)

Enchanted all the way, please. We tried Caribbean Princess in 2016 and found it old and tired, and the buffer food wasn't as amazing as the Royal class (Enchanted).

2 hours ago, SKCruiser007 said:

Avoid March, which is Spring Break time

ours is first week of April.

If you wait till the middle or end of April, OP, or go on a 10 day cruise, there will be fewer kids. We went on a 10 day Enchanted cruise for Thanksgiving, and the crowd was geriatric, with very few kids.

I know my Enchanted review is from 2022 (link in signature), but you can look at the food pics in it if you want. I can't wait to be on her again this June.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy
  • Like 3

I believe the Enchanted is sailing 10 day voyages. I would select a 10 day voyage over a 7 day. Enchanted has a better selection of dining options and the buffet area is really nice. You indicated your Dad is in a Wheelchair. Please note that on both ships the cabin doors for standard cabins are 22 inches wide. Standard cabins on both ships have a step up to get into the bathroom and a step over to get into the shower. Mini suites have a bathtub/shower combo where you have to step over the tub side to enter.

10 day cruises typically do not have many youth. During the school year 7 day cruises also do not have many youth unless it is a holiday week. The Caribbean also has a top deck pool, and water park feature for kids and family. This will attract more children.

HCP cabins are accessible, wider doors and easy showers.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, chismrules said:

So food is a big reason he wants to go, and not many kids, nice music and things to do besides the pool area.

Then your choice is easy. The buffet on the Enchanted, is awesome for size. 

Caribbean Princess has the least amount of space per passenger of any ship in the Princess line. This is important for someone in a wheelchair. BTW, space will be worse on the new Sun and Star.

Kids? Late March and early April will be spring break. Colleges will end spring break by late April. I think Easter is the 31st. Go early March or Late April.

• Like 2

Thank you for your info. I think we have decided to do Princess Enchanted April 13, we were limited times dates etc. Also we are going to order a wheelchair because he cannot walk far but he can walk around cabin so not worring about wc cabin they seem to be hard to get. So looking at cabins on different sites and we are finding different prices etc. Some have different layers of pricing others don't. What cruise sites do you like to book thru. besides just Princess. That you can see exactly what you are getting and also maybe extra obc. Thanks

• Like 1

4 hours ago, chismrules said:

Some have different layers of pricing others don't. What cruise sites do you like to book thru. besides just Princess.

I personally only book on Princess website.

Apparently, booking through a TA may sometimes get you some additional perks for free (like princess Plus or a specialty dinner or OBC), but the one I used to use never provided anything good and their prices were higher than direct ones.

Will you be needing an accessible room? That may limit your choices a bit. Make sure not to book under the pool deck, buffet, over or under MDR or theater.  This late in the game the prices will probably be a bit higher.

Posted (edited)

Wow, I just looked at the price and it's much cheaper than what we would pay during spring break.

Are you going to be in the same cabin or dad will have his own? Connecting, adjacent? If you get balcony, look at deluxe balconies - they have a small sofa and are a little bigger. A mini-suite is just $40 more pp than a balcony.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy