Captain Kate on Beyond

traveline

Posting to move this thread back up to the first page.

Would like to know if anyone has info. Seems like a lot of people follow her (I’m not included) on social media. 

Cheers! 

On 1/8/2024 at 4:35 PM, traveline said:

Do anyone knows if Captain Kate will be on the  Beyond   April 2024 3 months from now ?. Thank you for your info in advance.

🤞🤞🤞🤞

On 1/8/2024 at 4:35 PM, traveline said:

Do anyone knows if Captain Kate will be on the  Beyond   April 2024 3 months from now ?. Thank you for your info in advance.

There’s no guarantee on any of the comments here, but often times, the Captains operate on a 3 months on and 3 months off rotation,

The fact that Captain Kate was on vacation over the Christmas holiday period would suggest there is a really good chance she will be at the helm in April 2024.

The February/March sailings may also be in play depending on the start date of her current vacation.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, horseymike said:

Does anyone know which ship Captain Hook 🪝 will be on after his vacation ?

🤣🤣

No offence to Captain Kate McCue but I'd much, much rather sail with Captain Hook.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, C4HCG said:

Excuse my ignorance, but what difference does who the Captain is make?

In the real world, nothing. I just want a salty old seadog that's been sailing for years who can get us to the destination on time and without sinking! 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, C4HCG said:

Excuse my ignorance, but what difference does who the Captain is make?

people that really cruise, not just once in a while get connected to staff and officers. 
There are feel good relationships that are develop. 

hope you understand. 

Cheers! 

10 hours ago, countess5 said:

people that really cruise, not just once in a while get connected to staff and officers. 
There are feel good relationships that are develop. 

hope you understand. 

Cheers! 

I don’t understand your second sentence as it makes no sense. 

and what does “really cruise” mean? We are new to it, first sailed 2019 and despite covid have now done 5, and 2 more booked this year. Is that once in a while.

Edited by C4HCG

Capt George is our favourite. Charming man, humble, quietly spoken and doesn’t try to hog the limelight.

The staff and passengers love him.

Very photogenic too darn it!

Edited by swjumbo

6 hours ago, C4HCG said:

I don’t understand your second sentence as it makes no sense. 

and what does “really cruise” mean? We are new to it, first sailed 2019 and despite covid have now done 5, and 2 more booked this year. Is that once in a while.

People make friends with the staff while on board...  Not myself.

Edited by NMTraveller

53 minutes ago, countess5 said:

WOW! My apologies for posting the question. It’s gone a bit off track I believe.🤔

Cheers! 

Unless she has changed dramatically, she is a very nice person, that will take the time to chat, take pics, and has a wonderful attitude.  We will look fwd to seeing her on BTB Beyond in April.. We took pics with her on her first cruise as a Captain, and will look to do the same on these cruises.  Don't let what others say affect you. Part of her job is to promote Celebrity.  When you meet her, you can make your own opinions...Enjoy your trip

2 hours ago, Hawkstar33 said:

Unless she has changed dramatically, she is a very nice person, that will take the time to chat, take pics, and has a wonderful attitude.  We will look fwd to seeing her on BTB Beyond in April.. We took pics with her on her first cruise as a Captain, and will look to do the same on these cruises.  Don't let what others say affect you. Part of her job is to promote Celebrity.  When you meet her, you can make your own opinions...Enjoy your trip

We have sailed with Kate before. Really enjoyed her and very involved with the passengers. Many pics with her and some good conversations. Our friends sailing with us on the B2B have never sailed with her. Hope they can meet her. 

Cheers! 

• Like 1