Suite In-Room Coffeemaker- Eurodam

PCruzer

Is there an in-room coffeemaker in the Neptune Suites on the Eurodam?  Does anyone know what it is?  (Keurig, Nespresso, etc.)  Thanks!

Yes, there is one. I don't remember the manufacturer name, but it does not take a uniform pod; it has a proprietary pod.

I feel certain someone on here will know the name.

On the Rotterdam it was a Nespresso like machine. Pods were different. Produced some very bad “coffee”. Better to go to the machine in the Neptune Lounge that made individual cups from freshly ground beans.

17 minutes ago, kirkc said:

On the Rotterdam it was a Nespresso like machine. Pods were different. Produced some very bad “coffee”. Better to go to the machine in the Neptune Lounge that made individual cups from freshly ground beans.

I Agree.

The machine in the Neptune Lounge makes the best coffee on the ship.

Only use the in-room machine when I first get up and the Lounge has not opened yet.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, kirkc said:

The same machine on the K & I agree -- the coffee was awful!

I have this photo of the machine, but am not able to zoom in enough to see the brand.  We didn't think it was terrible, but it definitely wasn't as good as from the machine in the Neptune lounge.

PXL_20231028_173136958~2.jpg

The inventor of the Nespresso machine also invented this version.  My wife loved the Nespresso machines so much on NCL that I had to buy her one on the flight home.  I think Lavazza might make the pods or similar ones to this.  

I think I tried one espresso from our Neptune suite, and thought it was very similar to her Nespresso one.  It's not really "coffee", but espresso.   

7 hours ago, The-Inside-Cabin said:

I found the in room coffee maker a complete waste of time.    Go to the lounge.   HAL needs to get better machines. 

I agree.  Coffee taste is subjective, but there were only two options available on my last cruise and I didn't like either one of them.  Neptune Lounge coffee was great!

1 hour ago, ohiograndma said:

Is this just available in the Neptune Suites or do they have this in the standard cabins? 

Neptune only; maybe Pinnacle, but I have not stayed in a Pinnacle to confirm from experience. 

15 hours ago, ottahand7 said:

Here is a photo of ours on the Eurodam.  It makes serviceable coffee for morning on the balcony. 

IMG_20240109_161002882_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240109_161008356.jpg

NOTE that no regular coffee pods.  We found the same on Eurodam a month ago.  Also have had this problem on other ships.