Second guessing myself

Hi all. I didn't realize how many negative reviews are on the cruise line's website for the Adventure of the Seas. It's making me nervous about our upcoming cruise. Should I be worried?

37 minutes ago, wrg said:

Hi all. I didn't realize how many negative reviews are on the cruise line's website for the Adventure of the Seas. It's making me nervous about our upcoming cruise. Should I be worried?

A few people will write negative reviews, hundreds will never write positive ones. I never let negative reviews make a decision for me. Go and have a great time.

Edited by crzndeb
  • Like 6

I read horrible reviews about every single cruise ship we took. We loved absolute majority of cruises we took.
We sailed on Adventure 3 times. Once to Bahamas and twice to Canada. Lovely ship. We enjoyed their ship orchestra. Conductor is a great guy 

Edited by Tatka
  • Like 1

People love making negative reviews. I just ignore them. Unfortunately, the ones with positive reviews don't post. You'll also see  "I'll never sail with them again", and the food was inedible" as they gained 5 pounds.

There are negative reviews about every ship. I’m positive some troll out there has already cried about Icon! 😂🤣 Adventure isn’t a Quantum or Oasis class, but it’s perfectly fine for a port intensive or unique port cruise that bigger ships cannot get into. I personally wouldn’t avoid an itinerary just because Adventure is the ship.

I had a great time on every RCL ship I've sailed on.  My philosophy is pretty much that I plan on having fun, so I have fun.  If you put everything under a microscope, you're going to find flaws everywhere, but why bother?  There is so much fun to be had.  🙂

Edited by birdofsong
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tatka said:

I read horrible reviews about every single cruise ship we took. We loved absolute majority of cruises we took.
We sailed on Adventure 3 times. Once to Bahamas and twice to Canada. Lovely ship. We enjoyed their ship orchestra. Conductor is a great guy 

Good point, I'm pretty sure every ship I've sailed had bad reviews, including Symphony and Spectrum which had both sailed for less than 2 years by the time I got on them. Loved them both, including all the other ships I've sailed (though I haven't done anything smaller than the Voyager Class ships).

• Like 1

We were on Adventure last year. Some of the love-to-pile-on negative reviewers harp on the age of the ship and lack of the current amenities and attractions.  If you go in aware of the ship's age and equally accepting that RC's done a decent enough job keeping it in good shape - you'll be fine.  

We're on Voyager next week.  Same thing applies.  Heck, we were last on Voyager TWELVE years ago and Voyager wasn't then 12 years old.  But truthfully, never been on a ship where we truly thought it was old and worn and nasty.  We may be aware of the age, but RC does good enough with the upkeep.

Funny enough, newest RC ship we've been on is Independence. It's just every time "GS on this ship costs the same as a balcony/JS on newer ship?" comes up, GS for the win.  

Edited by MichaelCMTX

If you believe what a few people write on reviews over the thousands that are satisfied and don't feel the need to you will never do anything. 

People like to draw people into their misery to feel better.

Please don't let all the bad reviews ruin your cruise. No Royal Caribbean ship is as bad as some people make them out to be. If you look for things to bad, you'll probably find them. But the good will always outweigh the bad. If you go looking for things to ruin your cruise (why would you do that?) you will probably have a bad time. Go on the cruise with the intent to enjoy yourself and you will.

15 hours ago, wrg said:

If you are on the 12th highest rated  ship in royals line up , and didn't know it from reading the reviews , you'd still be on an amazing ship and have a great time .If you are looking to pinpoint problems based on others observations , you will find them , and it will influence your end result .

We have had minor problems/inconveniences , and observations of imperfection on every cruise we have taken , and every trip has been an awesome experience.

It's all in how you approach it

Cheers

15 hours ago, wrg said:

Adventure is a fine ship. I was on her last year and will be twice this year. People complain for stupid reasons, mostly "It's not a brand new ship so it sucks"

I read plenty of reviews with eyes looking for genuine issues versus cranky things - just like people in other areas of life.  Some will always have a great time and not let little things ruin their day and others seem to always find the worst issues and wallow in them.   Best  is when the same cruise is reviewed with wildly different experiences.  Not saying bad things don't happen and those unhappy did not have a complaint, more how people react and resolve them.  

• Like 1

I love Adventure! I sailed her almost a year ago and I have another cruise planned for July. Her crew was amazing! I don't need a lot of bells and whistles, but she has quite a few. I think Royal does a good job of updating their older ships.